Page 27 of 42 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #261

Weasyl
    Matt
    Hi, I'm Matt.

This thread is trending toward a trajectory of closure. I understand there's a definite upset with the topic at hand, but please, please avoid insults and facetious threats of death.

If you want to discuss this then do your thing, but please do it in a manner that doesn't implicate weird attack. Just discuss the topic at hand and not play at overblown reactions. Otherwise this thread will be closed.
    Look at all the fun we're having.

Weasyl
    Calemeyr
    Quote Originally Posted by Taralack View Post
    What about Lego, and leaving it in his house?
    Eh, not too edgy. Though stepping on them is painful. Oh! Springloaded greased up marbles! They get everywhere and you will surely slip!

In all seriousness, it's kinda sad things have gone this way with the forums and FA. It all keeps getting worse.

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    Indeed, and this is pretty much why there has to be somewhere other than Weasyl. It's a nice place and all, but this is the kind of ship they run. It's pressing down pretty hard. And they really don't like it when people talk about FA or anything related here.

Because even though no one here is serious, none of the administration is willing to allow that. Where "death threats" comes from I don't know, but that's just how it goes folks. I suggest most of you move to the IRC.

Feel free to join our IRC channel, #phoenix, over at irc.furnet.org

Weasyl
    Rukh Whitefang
    Has anyone tried to contact IMVU about this? If in fact the C&D came from them or if it was just FA admins (I heard it was Yak who sent the threat of lawsuit). And has anyone gone to the IMVU forums (goodness it looks ugly) and complained?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rilvor View Post
    I suggest most of you move to the IRC.

13 people in the IRC and not a one is chatting.

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh Whitefang View Post
    Has anyone tried to contact IMVU about this? If in fact the C&D came from them or if it was just FA admins (I heard it was Yak who sent the threat of lawsuit). And has anyone gone to the IMVU forums (goodness it looks ugly) and complained?

- - - Updated - - -

13 people in the IRC and not a one is chatting.
    Well it wouldn't matter at this point, if Care said he deleted the data then it is gone.

Weasyl
    Calemeyr
    Indeed, and this is pretty much why there has to be somewhere other than Weasyl. It's a nice place and all, but this is the kind of ship they run. It's pressing down pretty hard. And they really don't like it when people talk about FA or anything related here.

Because even though no one here is serious, none of the administration is willing to allow that. Where "death threats" comes from I don't know, but that's just how it goes folks. I suggest most of you move to the IRC.

Is this what people call a "hugbox"?
    Also do I need special software to join the irc?

Weasyl
    Rukh Whitefang
    Well it wouldn't matter at this point, if Care said he deleted the data then it is gone.
    Yeah I know the data is gone on Care's end. SummerCat said FA has a backup up to the 17th. But I am just wondering if anyone has complained to IMVU on their forum about all this crap.

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
    Is this what people call a "hugbox"?
    Not necessarily, it's more like Weasyl takes a firm stance of "No heated arguments/debates/statements ever". It's kind of why it's so quiet here all of the time, even though it really is a pleasant atmosphere.

Weasyl
    Rukh Whitefang
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
    I'm using firefox's addon chatzilla. Just have to register on the Phoenix channel to post.

Weasyl
    N/A
    It was pretty mild.
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics
    "You are what you do not do." - Relax