Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142
    The Space Channel, Canada's answer to Syfy, used to have a forum with a very active community. Local forum members would have regular Space meetups. Then it was taken over by another company who decided they didn't need all that.

Quote Originally Posted by rbartrop View Post
    The Space Channel, Canada's answer to Syfy, used to have a forum with a very active community. Local forum members would have regular Space meetups. Then it was taken over by another company who decided they didn't need all that.
    See, I never even knew that existed, or that that's what the ultimate fate of a forum like that would be, but it shouldn't surprise me the way it did. But pretty much every forum I've been on, and I've been hopping from one to the next since the late 90's, has gone down like that or just gone inactive for one reason or another. I've almost always ended up hearing about an attempt at replacing said forum from those members I manage to stay in contact with, but of course that's never everybody, and it never ends up being half as active as the original. It's usually not as good as the original, either.

It's depressing, thinking how much time gets wasted on these things when they're kinda all doomed from the start. Time that could be spent drawing or creative writing instead of shitposting, flame warring and this amateur debate we tend to engage in on forums.

I'd like to think these things would be more successful and last longer if we used them better but maybe I'm just playing myself like I did when I used to do all that negative shit I look back on now with regret, thinking it ever made any kind of difference. I really do hope something else on the level of FAF comes along though. In a fandom that mostly exists online I think it kinda needs something like that.

Weasyl
    Dvir
    Hm, FA is making like its on 56k atm for me....
    Last edited by Dvir; 12-28-2015 at 02:12 AM.

Looks like I was wrong about FA Forums never coming back. Apparently they are back, though they aren't letting me connect.