Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3139404142 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Fox View Post
    Implying that any forum that houses Furries is any good in the first place.
    Actually, I know a few very small, close-knit communities that are very active, in spite of small populations. Anything that looks too mainstream is going to draw savages, though.

Some of us come to Furry to get away from normal people.
    Last edited by Christiaan; 10-04-2015 at 03:12 PM.

Weasyl
    wakor
    I HOPE the forums come back, because my commissions business was crippled when they went down DX I lost my art shop! And most other sites have AWFUL support systems for commissioners. FA is one of the best for furs who want to sell their services.

Here's to hoping weasyl is the best new option for me!
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    Wakor's Art Shop
    Fast service, Open communication!

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Weasyl
    Brachyurus
    Quote Originally Posted by wakor View Post
    I HOPE the forums come back, because my commissions business was crippled when they went down DX I lost my art shop! And most other sites have AWFUL support systems for commissioners. FA is one of the best for furs who want to sell their services.

Here's to hoping weasyl is the best new option for me!
    Well most of the FAF users have moved over to Phoenix and continue to be active there. Weasyl is nice site, but the forums are really slow in comparison.
    = FA \\ Weasyl || dA || Tumblr // Twitter =
    Few can achieve greatness - and none in art - if they are not dominated by illusion.

Weasyl
    GlaringFeline
    I haven't been keeping up with FA lately, can anyone tell me if anything of interest has transpired within the past month or so?
    -Insert inspirational quote here-

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysocyon View Post
    Well most of the FAF users have moved over to Phoenix and continue to be active there. Weasyl is nice site, but the forums are really slow in comparison.
    Phoenix has already peaked and is either stagnating or declining. Its highest activity was in October with 90 users online out of 531 registered. There hasn't been a new user join in quite a while for what is supposed to be (and probably is, sadly) the most active of all currently existing furry forums. That's not even close to FAF's activity even during some of its slower periods that I can recall. I'm in a Discord chat started by members of Phoenix and we talk about this sometimes. There's already a loss in confidence in the forum's leadership and future, and that's to say nothing of the quality of discussion there which is, well, basically a microcosm of most of the bad elements of FAF.

In actual practice, the subreddit r/furry is probably more active or at least has more members and more active viewers at any given time. Keep in mind, Phoenix had 90 users online at most, on its best day, and has around 30-45 on an average day since.

I'm not trying to be discouraging. Believe me, I don't like this. I don't like seeing furry forums decline the way they have, but the numbers don't lie.

Weasyl
    wakor
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf-Bone View Post
    Phoenix has already peaked and is either stagnating or declining. Its highest activity was in October with 90 users online out of 531 registered. There hasn't been a new user join in quite a while for what is supposed to be (and probably is, sadly) the most active of all currently existing furry forums. That's not even close to FAF's activity even during some of its slower periods that I can recall. I'm in a Discord chat started by members of Phoenix and we talk about this sometimes. There's already a loss in confidence in the forum's leadership and future, and that's to say nothing of the quality of discussion there which is, well, basically a microcosm of most of the bad elements of FAF.

In actual practice, the subreddit r/furry is probably more active or at least has more members and more active viewers at any given time. Keep in mind, Phoenix had 90 users online at most, on its best day, and has around 30-45 on an average day since.

I'm not trying to be discouraging. Believe me, I don't like this. I don't like seeing furry forums decline the way they have, but the numbers don't lie.
    -sigh- Yeah, it is sad. Forums just don't succeed without a good number of people.
    I'd move to reddit, but I'm not sure how artist-friendly reddit is. Is there even a market for commissioners that isn't completely saturated?
    Wakor's Art Shop

Quote Originally Posted by wakor View Post
    -sigh- Yeah, it is sad. Forums just don't succeed without a good number of people.
    I'd move to reddit, but I'm not sure how artist-friendly reddit is. Is there even a market for commissioners that isn't completely saturated?
    I've been on r/furry for a little bit and so far few people seem to look for commissions. You'll most likely get replies linking you to people those users know of that are taking commissions. Most just pimp their own art or commissions they just got done. There's actually more of that than anything else. Only thing they really look down on in that regard is spam and not tagging NSWF stuff as such.

Weasyl
    wakor
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf-Bone View Post
    I've been on r/furry for a little bit and so far few people seem to look for commissions. You'll most likely get replies linking you to people those users know of that are taking commissions. Most just pimp their own art or commissions they just got done. There's actually more of that than anything else. Only thing they really look down on in that regard is spam and not tagging NSWF stuff as such.
    Ah, thanks for the insider view! I don't think it's worth it, then I'll stick to Weasyl forums for now, and see if I can find a market in Phoenix despite its numbers.
    Wakor's Art Shop

Personally, I'm not all that optimistic about FA's forums coming back. It seems an increasing number of commercial sites are deciding that forums are more trouble than they're worth.

Quote Originally Posted by rbartrop View Post
    Personally, I'm not all that optimistic about FA's forums coming back. It seems an increasing number of commercial sites are deciding that forums are more trouble than they're worth.
    FA's forums are gone for good. And you're right, forums are more trouble than they're worth for the people who run them. Ashamed to admit I've been part of that trouble in the past. It's not just commercial sites. Forums that exist purely for their own sake inevitably get taken down when they're too much of a headache on their owners, or because users give each other headaches and drive each other away and/or get each other banned. Of course, that actually reduces a lot of people's motive to even read forums because a lot of people read and post more for drama/lulz than actual discussion. Commercial sites though, those are doing away with even having comments because those devolve into the same thing.

Some of us just don't appreciate what we have until it's gone...