Page 19 of 42 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizard King View Post
    That's irrelevant if the mere threat of a fight is sufficient. It would be trivial for IMVU to flood Carenath or whoever with paperwork and other legal nonsense, and no one wants to spend the time and money fighting IMVU's lawyers over a furry forum, even if winning was a given.
    Maybe you just could it left opened till this case actually happened?

Now Piche and his clown troupe think we knuckle under to them if they so much as sneeze.

Weasyl
    Sylver
    I've seen people not get paid 3-5k and not bother going after the people who owe them money. IMVU aren't getting anything out of this and they're not losing anything by leaving it alone either. Personally, I would call their bluff and play chicken. I think they're bluffing and merely puffing their chest out to look bigger than they really are.

Weasyl
    Butterflygoddess
    :p I wouldn't want Carenath to be stressed or bothered on the account of a furry forum. Imvu has the potential to be an ass, strong case or weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterflygoddess View Post
    :p I wouldn't want Carenath to be stressed or bothered on the account of a furry forum. Imvu has the potential to be an ass, strong case or weak.
    "You may have the right, but we have the lawyers" may be a slimy tactic, but the sad fact is, it's an effective one, and I can't fault Carenath for not wanting to martyr himself over a forum.

Weasyl
    N/A
    And now it's down indefinitely it seems. I wonder what will take it's place?

Weasyl
    Calemeyr
    I'm still waiting for the day FA has data loss on their servers. IMVU would be really mad.
    I think they were pretty mad that Dragonser tried to hide the forums leaving from them. Personally, I think it's only a matter of time until he's fired. The scary thing is that if that happens, then no one knows what will happen to FA. Nothing of value would be lost, though.
    Last edited by Marcus; 09-23-2015 at 01:57 PM.

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    I don't think it's over just yet, if it was we'd have probably heard as much from Kalmor or Carenath here I hope.

Since I don't go here very often I had to ask friends on Skype what the fuck's going on.

I'm just baffled, does FA/IMVU have any legal grounds to do this when Phoenix, from what I can tell, is now an independent entity that's supposed to have nothing to do with FA? o_o;;

And it's just a fucking forum, what in the actual fuck, the basement dweller levels have gone off the charts.

Weasyl
    Calemeyr
    Quote Originally Posted by kelliegator View Post
    Since I don't go here very often I had to ask friends on Skype what the fuck's going on.

I'm just baffled, does FA/IMVU has any legal grounds to do this when Phoenix, from what I can tell, is now an independent entity that's supposed to have nothing to do with FA? o_o;;
    The data, they claim they own it. Personally, if I were Carenath, I'd say "fine, I'll delete the data, but you're not getting a copy either. Go fuck yourselves" to IMVU.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by kelliegator View Post

I'm just baffled, does FA/IMVU have any legal grounds to do this when Phoenix, from what I can tell, is now an independent entity that's supposed to have nothing to do with FA? o_o;;

And it's just a fucking forum, what in the actual fuck, the basement dweller levels have gone off the charts.
    Fuck the other forum, this is everything it should've been and more. And since pretty much everyone from there is here now what's the point in going back? Nostalgic value?
    I am the one and only Fantastic Mr. Fox!