Register
Page 29 of 42 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    Sidewalk Surfboard
    Quote Originally Posted by Toshabi View Post
    skype sounds like a better plan. Me like it.
    Someone plis make Skype group

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    Discord has superior file and video sharing, better chat rooms and less laggy voice, and does not have ads. Among other reasons, unlike Skype which is a giant pile of garbage.

Weasyl
    Vae
    Quote Originally Posted by Rilvor View Post
    Friendly reminder that Discord is a MUCH better chat client than Skype.

https://discordapp.com/
    The only problem with something like this is actually getting people to use it, since running multiple chat applications uses up more resources.

It would certainly be ideal, though.
    (Which I say having never used it. Just because Skype's a total POS.)
    Resident Koopa Trash

Weasyl
    Toshabi
    Discord has superior file and video sharing, better chat rooms and less laggy voice, and does not have ads. Among other reasons, unlike Skype which is a giant pile of garbage.

Discord is better than anything out there. That's why it's in my avatar.

I'll give it a shot.

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    I've created Phoenix Discord Chat for anyone that wants to give it a shot.
    Here's the invite link to join:
    https://discord.gg/0XP5ArZg4plNkz5H

Not that this invite link expires in 24 hours and I will have to generate a new one.

Weasyl
    Rukh Whitefang
    Currently listening to Carenath in the IRC, waiting to get permission to relay whats being said to this thread.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #287

Weasyl
    Hendikins
    I've been lurking in #phoenix as a matter of personal interest. The following is direct from Carenath, quoted with permission (a couple of lines from other users have been snipped).

Timestamps are Australian Eastern Standard Time.

[13:50:23] <Carenath> So since a number of you have been hearing different things regarding actions taken, let me at least be honest and clarify. And I'm doing this for the sake of being up-front even though the current backlash against FA for their actions is something I consider poetic justice.
    [13:53:17] <Carenath> 1. There was a tentative agreement with yak, pending resolution of who-gets-what with the data. Yak was discussing with myself, Kalmor, Mentova and I believe two others who collectively represented the community interests. Kalmor is a better spokesperson than I am so I let him handle that aspect.
    [13:53:17] <Carenath> The sticking point was, apparently, not the data in the public threads at all. The sticking point was the personally identifiable information ("private data") which they could not (apparently under US law) permit to be sent to an unauthorized third party, me.
    [13:53:42] <Carenath> Before any resolution on that could be reached, actions were taken both on my part and on the part of FA itself (by Yak himself at request of management) that triggered this and resulted in no peaceful solution now being available to us although I remain at least tentatively optimistic that something might be doable but it would require a quid-pro-quo on my part.
    [13:54:38] <Carenath> a. FA management asked Yak to de-link the forums and he did so without considering how I might react. I never thought to contact him and assumed such action was a precursor to FAF being shut down by way of DNS embargo.
    [13:55:35] <Carenath> b. I moved wholesale over to phoenix.corvidae.org and removed any FA-specific data expecting then that FA would contact me to request the database backup I had pledged to provide them, sans PII that nrr and others expressly wanted removed and their approval to do this.
    [13:55:54] <Carenath> I setup the redirect message (in hindsight, a simple transparent 301 might have been better)
    [13:56:46] <Carenath> c. IMVU found out about this, and were not happy. Not just because they saw this as a security breach (they were never included in the plans Yak was working on with us so had no idea what was going on it seems)
    [13:57:30] <Carenath> d. I get reached out to, directly, by one of their guys looking to resolve things amicably and without going to the lawyers (nobody likes paying lawyers)
    [13:58:31] <Carenath> Yak relayed what was planned, to deal with me, because he did not want me to be placed in harms way, he did not want this whole situation to happen, he actually cares in his own way about the community and was, to his sadness, willing to help us split with all sides happy.
    [13:59:34] <Carenath> And what he had told me was that if I cooperated, destroyed the data copies I had after giving FA a copy of the database and forums (prior to the modifications I had made) that they would not press further on the issue. There was no official C&D issued, there was the threat of criminal proceedings if I refused to play nice.
    [14:01:20] <Carenath> IMVU take data protection seriously because its a legal liability. Unfortunately the aftermath of this is that nobody on FA staff wants to listen to yak's input so the option to ask for the forum dataset, say, without any of the private messages, or other Private Data is completely off the table unless something changes.
    [14:01:54] <Carenath> Consequently my only options are: do nothing at all and throw in the towel, OR, setup a new forum and collectively we work to build a better community than what we had.
    [14:02:36] <Carenath> I hold zero blame towards Yak in this, if anything, he's the only person in the whole group that has any common sense.

Weasyl
    Vae
    I've created Phoenix Discord Chat for anyone that wants to give it a shot.
    Here's the invite link to join:
    https://discord.gg/0XP5ArZg4plNkz5H

Not that this invite link expires in 24 hours and I will have to generate a new one.
    I'll give it a look when the application finishes DLing.
    Resident Koopa Trash

Weasyl
    Zeitzbach
    Quote Originally Posted by SidewalkSurfboard View Post
    Someone plis make Skype group
    God fucking no the autism will spread again like that one time.

Furry skype group full of awkward invalids will always fail.

Counter: 5

Weasyl
    Sidewalk Surfboard
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeitzbach View Post
    God fucking no the autism will spread again like that one time.

Furry skype group full of awkward invalids will always fail.
    I didn't consider that when posting
    Good point