Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 112

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: "This fandom sucks."

  1. #11
    Senior Vae's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Vae
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    the sky
    Gender
    Ludwig Von Koopa
    Posts
    1,697
    What would the door to the fandom even be?
    Is it like one of those ones in stores with sensors if you get too close with stuff? Like if you have any furry stuff left on you, management is going to come out and take it / bitch you out / possibly call the police?

    "Sir, that sculpey fox paw was clearly in your pocket. I'm gonna need you to wait here for the authorities."
    Resident Koopa Trash

  2. #12
    Senior Kurk2288's Avatar
    Weasyl
    N/A
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Gender
    Posts
    190
    Do I get to keep all the porn I commissioned, or am I given a refund?...

    Edit: A mod should lock this thread after things get settled OR after Redregon replies.
    Last edited by Kurk2288; 08-29-2015 at 03:21 AM.

  3. #13
    You know what? I'm not giving you fuck all until you tell me why you got such rage against me. I can't be fucking bothered otherwise, sorry, because I know directly how the game goes and I ain't fucking playing.

    By the way, I ain't the one who deletes or edits his own posts to cover his ass and rep when he gets smacked down. You must be thinking of some guy I "dated" or something.

    The last part is the edit, by the way.
    Last edited by Wolf-Bone; 08-29-2015 at 03:19 AM. Reason: because I can

  4. #14
    Senior Viciviser's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Viciviser
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    424
    Quote Originally Posted by redregon View Post
    ... If that's what you truly believe, why are you still here?

    Furry is and always will be bigger than any one of us individually.

    And even if we band together to "make vast and sweeping changes" we'll at best be laughed out and at worst, become persona non grata.

    But seriously, if you dislike the fandom so much, there's the door (*points to the door.*)
    I have this sinking feeling you don't understand how discussion works. Don't let what you perceive to be a slight against your community be the rallying point to backlash against someone who thinks there should be change. If you disagree you disagree but this kind of delineation and your inflammatory remarks against Wolf-Bone are not only a waste of energy, but also seem to have the rest of us wondering why you're getting worked up over this. I'm certainly confused.

  5. #15
    Th biggest problem furry forums have right now is FA forums decline. That shit on everyone culture tries to fit in with the better furries. It doesn't work.

    If you love the culture you had on FAF don't expect to be welcomed everywhere else. This forum, like any other online community is for like minded people. Your going to have to get used to the idea of people getting together and actually getting along.

    Not a mod but agree this thread should be locked. Sorry OP. I understand where your coming from. This has nothing to do with you.

  6. #16
    Regular redregon's Avatar
    Weasyl
    redregon
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    the Greater Toronto Area
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf-Bone View Post
    Might have something to do with the fact I said outright in my OP that I don't really see myself changing my mind about some things being really wrong and just want some insight into what those possible solutions are. Like, I even admit I've got more questions than answers. You'd think "if it ain't broke and don't need to be fixed" we might just come to that conclusion in that same thread but whatever.
    No, if you're coming in to any discussion with an already biased point of view, it's unlikely that that bias will be changed with discussion of subjective qualities since subjectivity can be skewed and there's very little hard data to support much in the way of honest scrutiny of the fandom itself. We can look at statistics like who, what, when, where and that kinda stuff... But the "why" is where things get murky and difficult to nail down. Given that, it's not likely that a biased point of view will truly change. At best it'll lead to that point of view being relegated to the "things that go unsaid" category and will only ever be discussed from then on in with people of like mind.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Cause the Rat View Post
    Th biggest problem furry forums have right now is FA forums decline. That shit on everyone culture tries to fit in with the better furries. It doesn't work.

    If you love the culture you had on FAF don't expect to be welcomed everywhere else. This forum, like any other online community is for like minded people. Your going to have to get used to the idea of people getting together and actually getting along.

    Not a mod but agree this thread should be locked. Sorry OP. I understand where your coming from. This has nothing to do with you.
    If you're assuming that I think FAF is a good place, you don't know me well enough.

    Secondly, This website is a furry site that also allows non-furry users. This isn't for "like minded" folk at all if you're suggesting that people's demeanor isolated from the fandom itself is the quality that gauges who gets to play in this toybox.

    Thirdly, this attitude seems to conjure up in my memory "Two legs good, four legs better." In that I mean it seems to me as if there is a sense of superiority and elitist attitude that is flourishing.... When you're on a site for people that fap to cartoon animals. Do you not see the dissonance? Asserting an elitist attitude in a community that prides itself on being open and tolerant because it knows it's a fandom that is never going to be anything but "weird?"

    If you want to sit back and smugly think that you're somehow above the people you deign are beneath you and you feel that you have the right to enforce a particular view either overtly or subtly... You've crossed the line into a fascist mentality and I would strongly suggest you find a way out of it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Viciviser View Post
    I have this sinking feeling you don't understand how discussion works. Don't let what you perceive to be a slight against your community be the rallying point to backlash against someone who thinks there should be change. If you disagree you disagree but this kind of delineation and your inflammatory remarks against Wolf-Bone are not only a waste of energy, but also seem to have the rest of us wondering why you're getting worked up over this. I'm certainly confused.
    Mainly because I've been in this fandom long enough to remember the burned furs and how they caused no end of headache and frustration to people in the community. Theirs is a very dangerous mentality and set of behaviours and I'd rather not see a burned furs mark 3 take root.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurk2288 View Post
    Wolf-bone's post WITH CONTEXT.
    Do you like cherry picking, Mr.Armchair Psychologist?

    "But seriously, if you dislike the FORUMS, there's the door (*points to the door.*)"

    Edit: Seriously, if you want to get back on-topic go to that thread.
    Don't try to hide your posts or be sneaky, because I will spot your bullshit.
    The sentence I quoted was the main point. the surrounding sentences were leading up to and elaborating on that main point. The fandom has done X, the fandom has done Y... Notice a trend?

    You say you're smart enough to spot bullshit so I trust you're smart enough to understand my reasoning.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf-Bone View Post
    You know what? I'm not giving you fuck all until you tell me why you got such rage against me. I can't be fucking bothered otherwise, sorry, because I know directly how the game goes and I ain't fucking playing.

    By the way, I ain't the one who deletes or edits his own posts to cover his ass and rep when he gets smacked down. You must be thinking of some guy I "dated" or something.

    The last part is the edit, by the way.
    Wow, dude... Just, wow.

    Out of the 19 posts I have here, only one is edited. It was edited for grammar and to elaborate on a point I had.

    You're beginning to look defensive and paranoid. That's not a good look, bro. You're also showing indications that you're getting steamed to which I have to ask... Why?

    As for being "smacked down." That's a subjective opinion which I don't feel holds up. Am I angry? No more so than normal.

    And if I do have a beef with anything being said, it's this attitude that furry as a fandom itself is somehow in need of "Fixing." For starters, it's a fandom that focuses around cartoon animals. If you want serious, that's where the Were community comes in. They're ideal for the structure because being were is something that pretty much is an "is or isn't" thing. Furry is way too varied that it'd be impossible to change or steer it... Which is why I'm of the mind that nobody can change it. ("Be the change you want to see" or "You cannot change the world but you can change your world.")

    Relax and take a step back. If you're taking this too personally (which I suspect you are) maybe try stepping back or taking a break to cool off.

  7. #17
    Redregon, please, my last statement " Sorry OP. I understand where your coming from. This has nothing to do with you."

    There are a lot of things about this fandom I really don't like. HOWEVER. That's life. I'm not going to defend what I don't like. I will however go out of my way to defend what I like about it. i totally agree with you. if you really don't like it. Can't find anything about it to relate to. Then why gripe about it. Go fit in somewhere else.

    My statement to my post is more of a warning than anything else. Those furries who actually enjoyed that environment wont fit in well with furries who actually enjoy each other. As seen on this forum already. And again, I'm really sorry if you thought it was directed towards you.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Cause the Rat View Post
    Th biggest problem furry forums have right now is FA forums decline.
    Might be the simplest answer, really. FA was "the" "social network" of the fandom or a substitute for it. So if and when it's in limbo, it makes it seem like the community is. I guess this isn't truly a first because FurNation used to really live up to its name, it was the closest thing many, many furries had to a "nation" or community. And, thinking back to the therian community, it too tried to adopt that "one size (should) fit all" premise and ended up losing out for it.

    Quote Originally Posted by redregon View Post
    backpeddling and half-stepping
    You're the one who came right out with an insinuation that I was going to go back and edit posts to try to alter the narrative you obviously want to write or say I've written. Don't start no drama and there won't be none, son.

  9. #19
    Regular redregon's Avatar
    Weasyl
    redregon
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    the Greater Toronto Area
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by Cause the Rat View Post
    Redregon, please, my last statement " Sorry OP. I understand where your coming from. This has nothing to do with you."

    There are a lot of things about this fandom I really don't like. HOWEVER. That's life. I'm not going to defend what I don't like. I will however go out of my way to defend what I like about it. i totally agree with you. if you really don't like it. Can't find anything about it to relate to. Then why gripe about it. Go fit in somewhere else.

    My statement to my post is more of a warning than anything else. Those furries who actually enjoyed that environment wont fit in well with furries who actually enjoy each other. As seen on this forum already. And again, I'm really sorry if you thought it was directed towards you.
    Ahh, understood. I guess this is my mistake since it felt like you were suggesting something else. Apologies for the misunderstanding.

    And yeah, I do agree with that... If one really can't stand the fandom why stay in it? It just doesn't seem practical to me to continue one's presence in a community that they loathe in some manner (unless there are machinations at play which I won't argue couldn't happen... I'm sure most grey-muzzles in the fandom have seen hucksters come and go many a time in this fandom that we're probably a bit jaded and unimpressed whenever a new shyster comes along.)

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf-Bone View Post
    Might be the simplest answer, really. FA was "the" "social network" of the fandom or a substitute for it. So if and when it's in limbo, it makes it seem like the community is. I guess this isn't truly a first because FurNation used to really live up to its name, it was the closest thing many, many furries had to a "nation" or community. And, thinking back to the therian community, it too tried to adopt that "one size (should) fit all" premise and ended up losing out for it.
    And therein lies the issue with trying to direct how the fandom "ought" to be... One size simply cannot fit all and what one group might find agreeable another group will find repellant. The best anyone can hope for is to simply shape their little nook of the fandom into what they want it to be... That way they can be content in their own corner and if people of like mind notice, chances are they'll gravitate towards one another and a sub-sub-group will occur.

    But when one tries to say that their sub-sub-group's perspective of the fandom itself should be how the rest of the fandom should behave, that's stepping into totalitarianism and fascist mentalities... And to be frank those two are anathema to the fandom (that "we are mostly a group of tolerant and accepting folk" attitude.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf-Bone View Post
    You're the one who came right out with an insinuation that I was going to go back and edit posts to try to alter the narrative you obviously want to write or say I've written. Don't start no drama and there won't be none, son.
    When did I say anything like that?

  10. #20
    Sorry, I might've confused you for this random-ass storm trooper trying to talk that shit.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •