Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: "This fandom sucks."

Weasyl
    LazerMaster5
    Just remember, liking something harmless does not make you a loser. However, not having regard for others does make you a loser. So nerd out, but please nerd responsibly.

Weasyl
    N/A
    The furry fandom is really welcoming, and even FAF was forgiving when it came to the past. I don't understand the issue? I haven't really met anyone who says the furry fandom sucks seriously, except when it's referring to the people who enjoy broadcasting their fetishes or bigotry. Though I haven't been in the fandom long and only really chatted on FAF, I saw that if you were willing to admit your mistakes and work passed them, people would try to work with you as well.

Basically what I'm saying is, satire is satire, and if you can't take a joke maybe step away from the computer for a bit? Unnecessary stressors aren't a good idea when you're in that state of mind.

Furries are responsible for all wars in the world.

Even the Emu War.

Weasyl
    Sarukai
    Way to defend the entirety of the fandom against those evil trolls, OP. Sure feels a better place.

Look at it this way, can you call yourself a Star Wars fan if you don't don't like the prequels? For a lot of people, the answer is obviously yes. Just because you like some parts of a fandom, in no way does it obligate you to embrace every single thing that's done in its name.

Weasyl
    Ieono
    It's quite strange how many people join furry sites and forums (while supposedly joining the fandom) just to spend most of their time talking about how shitty furries are. Some people should spend their time and attentions on better things.

Weasyl
    redregon
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryphoneer View Post
    Furries are responsible for all wars in the world.

Even the Emu War.
    Oh my god! It all makes sense now! Mind = blown!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rbartrop View Post
    Look at it this way, can you call yourself a Star Wars fan if you don't don't like the prequels? For a lot of people, the answer is obviously yes. Just because you like some parts of a fandom, in no way does it obligate you to embrace every single thing that's done in its name.
    Pretty much. There's something for almost everyone here so I don't get why people fixate on the things they don't like or approve of.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ieono View Post
    It's quite strange how many people join furry sites and forums (while supposedly joining the fandom) just to spend most of their time talking about how shitty furries are. Some people should spend their time and attentions on better things.
    ... Eyyyup.

I mean, sure, I can get if someone just now discovered "fetish X" and are recoiling from it... But I see this sort of thing from new furs and grey muzzles alike and I just can't shake the feeling that if they're that upset and unhappy with the fandom, why stay?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sarukai View Post
    Way to defend the entirety of the fandom against those evil trolls, OP. Sure feels a better place.
    Oh you!

Quote Originally Posted by redregon View Post
    I don't get why people fixate on the things they don't like or approve of.
    Because what goes on in the fandom doesn't affect just furries. It affects us too, a lot of us. What furries do affects what we can put in our character design portfolios. It affects who we hire. It affects what projects we feel like we can greenlight. And when we do have the gall to start pre-production on something with animal characters in it, it affects the age group the story is for, what we have to remove from the story, and what merch people will buy.

What goes on in the furry community most certainly does not stay within the furry community. These issues are not just about the furry fandom, and we pay very close attention to what's going on. The furry stigma affects us too, and we are on your side hoping things get better.

Weasyl
    WolfNightV4X1
    I don't hate the furry fandom, I wouldn't be here if I didn't love it, I'm just aware that other people on the internet have a stupidly unreasonable hatred of it. Trying to convince said people that the fan base as a whole isn't all that bad and actually fun is useless...at that point there's no hope at that point you roll with the punches and laugh along with them at how ridiculous furries are. Taking insults is easier when you don't take them seriously, getting butthurt feeds the trolls.

As for my real life friends, they don't like furries and joke about how weird I am, although when they do it its in a jocular manner and they don't see me as any less of a friend. IM sure some of them vaguely understand at its root it's just a love of toony animal art.

TL;DR The fandom doesn't suck, I love it. But getting angry when other people hate it and arguing is dumb so just laugh at its faults and weirdness and move on

Weasyl
    Sidewalk Surfboard
    Quote Originally Posted by Ieono View Post
    This. Why even bother if you don't like it? It kinda reminds me how people on DeviantART will whine and whine about how awful DA is without doing anything else.