Weasyl
    DevilishlyHandsome49

Lamest Anti-Smoking Ad I've ever seen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4srWvLXZRw

^^And I've seen a lot of bad anti-smoking ads, but the fact that you they incorporate played out memes into it just makes this much worse

This is what we call "cancer".
    Get a loada this guy here.
    https://twitter.com/DogdongD

I've never been able to not roll my eyes at any ads anything like this. It's the exact same style, technique and lack of thought process that spawned every other piece of garbage like it since the 40's or whenever the "news reel" became a thing. It's the same bullshit from the 80's and 90's when they thought having a cartoon animal do a rap song about whatever made kids instantly want the product or believe what the character is talking about. It's only half of the principle for me that it's yet another kind of "responsibility wank" piece that, as usual, dumps all of the responsibility and blame for the problem on the victims of it, namely young impressionable people who turn to smoking largely because propaganda like this has subtly been telling them they're destined to since they were babies. "It's gonna happen anyway so here's something to tell you why you're bad for it". Which is fitting in a bad way because that's how most parents are with their kids, or were when I was growing up. But yes, the ad itself is shit and the other half of the principle is none of these people who care so much about their campaign can put their money with their mouth is and hire actual professionals to do the work.

Weasyl
    N/A
    "It's a trap"

Because everyone who smokes a hookah smokes cigarettes since they're 100% the same thing. And everyone gets addicted to cigarettes, no exceptions.
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics
    "You are what you do not do." - Relax

Weasyl
    Nami
    I thought the commercial was silly. If they expect people to stop smoking they'll have to do better than that.

Weasyl
    LazerMaster5
    And yet not once did they have Admiral Ackbar or Peppy Hare. I am disappoint.