Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: "This fandom sucks."

Weasyl
    GlaringFeline
    -Insert inspirational quote here-

Weasyl
    N/A
    Last edited by DrunkCat; 09-03-2015 at 04:17 PM.
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics
    "You are what you do not do." - Relax

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #103
    Weasyl
    Taw
    You guys are sort of pushing the line here, especially in the last few pages, and some of the reaction image responses technically can be considered baiting or low content posts, among many other posts in here.

Please keep conversations on topic and away from any sort of personal attacks and/or baiting. This is the only warning I'm going to post in here.

Weasyl
    N/A
    This whole threads purpose was apparently a personal attack so staying on topic might be a bit difficult. It honestly should just be merged back into the originating thread.
    Last edited by DrunkCat; 09-03-2015 at 06:33 PM.
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics

Weasyl
    GlaringFeline
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkCat View Post
    This whole threads purpose was apparently a personal attack so staying on topic might be a bit difficult. It honestly should just be merged back into the originating thread.
    This is one of those moments where we need a "like" or "this" button. As for those reactions, I have a subfolder in my reactions folder just for these.

EDIT: In all seriousness, this thread should be locked. It was made for baiting, so I don't see how the reaction images are off-topic.

Quote Originally Posted by redregon View Post
    ... If that's what you truly believe, why are you still here?

Furry is and always will be bigger than any one of us individually.

And even if we band together to "make vast and sweeping changes" we'll at best be laughed out and at worst, become persona non grata.

But seriously, if you dislike the fandom so much, there's the door (*points to the door.*)
    If that isn't a baiting attempt, then I don't know what is anymore. Also, the quotes I pointed out a couple posts back are bait too.
    Last edited by GlaringFeline; 09-03-2015 at 08:11 PM. Reason: added serious input

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    I'm rather of the opinion this thread should have been locked on Page 1, personally.

Weasyl
    redregon
    Quote Originally Posted by GlaringFeline View Post
    EDIT: In all seriousness, this thread should be locked. It was made for baiting, so I don't see how the reaction images are off-topic.

If that isn't a baiting attempt, then I don't know what is anymore. Also, the quotes I pointed out a couple posts back are bait too.
    It wasn't baiting. It's just a general thought in my head that I've had that was brought to the fore.

Why are people trying to insist that when I say what my intentions are they try to tell me I'm wrong and that they know my intentions better than I know myself?

Wow. That's kinda rude, y'all.

{EDIT} Or is this a "Haze the n00b" kind of thing? {/EDIT}

Weasyl
    GlaringFeline
    It wasn't baiting. It's just a general thought in my head that I've had that was brought to the fore.

Why are people trying to insist that when I say what my intentions are they try to tell me I'm wrong and that they know my intentions better than I know myself?

{EDIT} Or is this a "Haze the n00b" kind of thing? {/EDIT}
    A general thought about Wolf-Bone that you just had to make a new thread about? How the mods haven't swung the banhammer at you yet is beyond me.

Just drop the facade, bro. You're not some innocent victim in this, and we're not targeting you because you're a "n00b". We're targeting you because you're making a jackass of yourself; stop grasping for straws, you're not getting singled out for no reason. You instigated the whole thing, with Kurk and with Wolf-Bone.

You admitted you were wrong for jumping to conclusions about Wolf, but the question is: are you sorry for it? Kurk already suggested you just apologize(which you interpreted as a demand). It would be the easiest thing to do(if you really aren't trolling) instead of keeping up this holier-than-thou attitude which is making you the odd one out.
    Last edited by GlaringFeline; 09-03-2015 at 11:24 PM. Reason: added a link

Weasyl
    N/A
    And making an entire thread to target specific members is...?

Weasyl
    redregon
    Quote Originally Posted by GlaringFeline View Post
    A general thought about Wolf-Bone that you just had to make a new thread about? How the mods haven't swung the banhammer at you yet is beyond me.

Just drop the facade, bro. You're not some innocent victim in this, and we're not targeting you because you're a "n00b". We're targeting you because you're making a jackass of yourself; stop grasping for straws, you're not getting singled out for no reason. You instigated the whole thing, with Kurk and with Wolf-Bone.

You admitted you were wrong for jumping to conclusions about Wolf, but the question is: are you sorry for it? Kurk already suggested you just apologize(which you interpreted as a demand). It would be the easiest thing to do(if you really aren't trolling) instead of keeping up this holier-than-thou attitude which is making you the odd one out.
    Wow, just, wow...

Are you honestly saying that because I had a thought that was already in my mind which was brought to the fore that I'm not allowed to speak it because the fact that it was brought to the fore means I'm violating some rules?

That's some ass-backwards mental gymnastics to justify the dog-piling.

If you paid any measure of attention (which I know isn't easy when you've already made up your mind and have chosen to be offended) I didn't say specifics nor did I try to single people out in the OP. YOU people barged in and started putting words in my mouth which is just rude. YOU lot made the inference that I was talking about a SPECIFIC person when I was deliberately trying to speak of GENERALITIES.

The fact y'all keep trying to drag him into this when last I checked whatever beef he and I may have had was talked through is sad. And that y'all keep saying I need to apologize when I did everything I could to resolve this while YOU all piled on with insults and other disrespectful behaviour is an insult and I will NOT bow down to such hypocrisy.

Repeat: I will not bow down to hypocrites.

So... Yeah...

Wow. Just... Wow.

{EDIT}
    You lash out at me for speaking in generalities and accuse me of singling people out... And yet you yourself explicitly dead-name folk.

https://forums.weasyl.com/vbulletin/...0639#post90639
    (Archived: https://archive.is/MP9aZ#selection-2375.93-2375.132)

https://forums.weasyl.com/vbulletin/...ll=1#post90809
    (Archived: https://archive.is/J6xap#selection-1621.0-1621.496)

And that's just what I found in a few minutes. Is this petty? Sure... But if you're going to come at me like this you best expect I'll play ball.

So, yes, you are being hypocritical here, friendo. Practice what you f--king preach.
    {/EDIT}
    Last edited by redregon; 09-04-2015 at 08:54 AM.