Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Weasyl
    N/A

Alien Arrival...

Hellooo, Nurse!

Heh... old FAFer here, heard of this place and finally decided to check in. So, whole new forum to explore! Looking forward to the exercise. And please, if you enter here, watch the tail. No one likes having their tail stepped on. *grins*

Quote Originally Posted by Roose Hurro View Post
    Looking forward to the exercise.
    I thought you didn't do yiffy rp though.

Weasyl
    Hewge
    Yo yo yo

Weasyl
    Viciviser
    But I'm not a nurse, I'm a satyr cyclops!

Uh anyway, welcome to Weasyl, Roose! Glad you're here. Sit and chat a bit. Get to know everyone.
    I'd hate to have my tail stepped on too, but considering how short it is I'd have to be lying down and they'd be stepping on my butt. And I'd consider it incredibly rude. Of course, I shouldn't be lying down where people could walk on me...

Ahem, hope you like it here!

- - - Updated - - -

Looking forward to the exercise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf-Bone View Post
    OOHHHH oh man. Now I'm wondering what kind of "exploring" Roose does. :v
    Last edited by Viciviser; 08-28-2015 at 09:10 PM.

Weasyl
    shiy0
    hey there roose and welcome to weasyl. ^^

Weasyl
    N/A
    I don't... I just came here because others came here. Thought I'd see where "everyone" got to. FAF, without mods, just isn't what it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Viciviser View Post
    OOHHHH oh man. Now I'm wondering what kind of "exploring" Roose does. :v
    I explore various planets in various universes, mainly to meet the people, sample the cuisine, enjoy nature, and otherwise "go boldly, where no man has gone before!" It's fun, and sometimes you get to have these fantastic (and, at times, accidental) adventures.
    Last edited by Roose Hurro; 08-29-2015 at 07:03 PM.

I don't... I just came here because others came here. Thought I'd see where "everyone" got to. FAF, without mods, just isn't what it used to be.
    I agree. I feel the exodus was entirely justified and necessary, as is much of what others on the forums have said and done since. All the shit going on there right now, unfortunately, had to happen sooner or later without some kind of intervention or change of course. But that doesn't mean I'd like to be posting regularly in that environment. Even riots in the real world aren't supposed to last forever and even the rioters know it when they're smashing shit. Well I usually do anyway.

I hear the forum's true owner is considering reversing a lot of those bans provided they were "unfair" by his definition of the word and of course no mention of whether how long ago it was has anything to do with it. But even if they did turn around and even if they did unban me, I'm still not sure I'd invest much if any time and effort there anymore because I'm about as burned out as a member (former or otherwise) of that place as the people maintaining it were.

From my experience, people typically don't just get over that. Not when they know that it's going to still mostly be the same people creating the environment, regardless of who runs it. The moderators alone never have enough power, popularity or policy to police the culture of any forum that I've ever been on.

Quote Originally Posted by Roose Hurro
    I explore various planets in various universes, mainly to meet the people, sample the cuisine, enjoy nature, and otherwise "go boldly, where no man has gone before!" It's fun, and sometimes you get to have these fantastic "accidental" adventures.
    Man, how do you roleplay what an alien dish is like. I mean you'd have to think the taste itself would be totally foreign too, right? How do you imagine something you haven't experienced?

Weasyl
    N/A
    I agree. I feel the exodus was entirely justified and necessary, as is much of what others on the forums have said and done since. All the shit going on there right now, unfortunately, had to happen sooner or later without some kind of intervention or change of course. But that doesn't mean I'd like to be posting regularly in that environment. Even riots in the real world aren't supposed to last forever and even the rioters know it when they're smashing shit. Well I usually do anyway.

I hear the forum's true owner is considering reversing a lot of those bans provided they were "unfair" by his definition of the word and of course no mention of whether how long ago it was has anything to do with it. But even if they did turn around and even if they did unban me, I'm still not sure I'd invest much if any time and effort there anymore because I'm about as burned out as a member (former or otherwise) of that place as the people maintaining it were.

From my experience, people typically don't just get over that. Not when they know that it's going to still mostly be the same people creating the environment, regardless of who runs it. The moderators alone never have enough power, popularity or policy to police the culture of any forum that I've ever been on.
    It's still a shame... I hate giving things up, losing stuff. Grates on my senses. I'm all for controlled change, but I just can't abide chaos.

Man, how do you roleplay what an alien dish is like. I mean you'd have to think the taste itself would be totally foreign too, right? How do you imagine something you haven't experienced?
    Well, I've eaten escargot, frogs legs... I know how to present a non-human form, what it feels like, because I have been non-human in my dreams. Really, I get quite a bit of material from dreams, as well as from my quite healthy, waking imagination. "The Muse is strong with this one!" To paraphrase a famous line. Heh... I once RPed a scene where my character and his companion (played by another person) ate a meal that contained "moving" elements in it. Kinda like Chinese food with "living" noodles.

Heh... I consider it a challenge. Which is why I don't RP humans, because it isn't a challenge to do so.

Yeah I guess I RP a lot of stuff I don't directly experience either. Just, physically and painfully I guess. I'm more drawn to unknown pains than unknown pleasures for some reason. The known pleasures please me enough.

Weasyl
    Viciviser
    Well, I've eaten escargot, frogs legs... I know how to present a non-human form, what it feels like, because I have been non-human in my dreams. Really, I get quite a bit of material from dreams, as well as from my quite healthy, waking imagination. "The Muse is strong with this one!" To paraphrase a famous line.
    Oh nice! It's cool to hear of a kindred spirit on some level. I get a ton of material from dreams as well. I'm not one to feel I've lived different lives, but my dreams make it seem that way! At the very least incredibly different stories come about and experiences I would never have had otherwise. I've had so many kinds of dreams and from so many perspectives. Maybe we should chat about dreams sometime? Also, there's a great topic about Dreams here on the forum.