Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Gardening

Weasyl
    N/A

Gardening

"To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics
    "You are what you do not do." - Relax

Weasyl
    foussiremix
    Cool,
    I also have an garden and have many plants.

My sunflower was 2,00 m height
    Roses are red
    Tomatoes are red.
    My hair got cutten
    and i feel so good

http://orig02.deviantart.net/12a5/f/...ix-d8m2gs6.gif

Weasyl
    Noxid
    Gardening is great, my grandparents always had a huge plot in the back yard when I was a kid and we grew all kinds of things, corn, peas, beets, carrots, tomatoes, potatoes...

now that i'm living on my own in a crappy lil apartment I've just got a few pots with some tomato bushes growing in em but they're pretty big now, i'll post pictures next chance I get.

I also have a little herb box but I planted it too early and the only thing that didn't get owned by my frigid apartment was the cilantro and one sprig of mint.

Weasyl
    Agitoho
    I am super jelly. I tried gardening a year or two ago and while I got some sprouts, they all died. I wasn't sure if it was just the Texas heat, or maybe they weren't getting enough sunlight or what. I would later get a potted cilantro plant and while I was able to tend to it for a few weeks, it also eventually died. Same with any potted flowers I got.

I did have a good run with some bamboo. When I brought it, it couldn't have been barely half a foot. In fact, I used to call it "My Baby Bamboo." I tended to it for two and half years and it grew to maybe a bit over a foot or so, big enough for me to move it into a bigger pot. Eventually, it just slowly withered and died. I tried again, and while this one grew a bit, it never reached the height or lifespan of My Baby Bamboo.

My dad is one hell of a gardener-- tomatoes, watermelon, peppers. One year he grew sunflowers well over six feet tall. Those things were amazing.

So, I'm super jealous and envious of people who can garden. It just seems like such a pleasant hobby to have.
    Last edited by Agitoho; 06-22-2015 at 04:11 PM.
    No matter what happens, I will have always produced more visible work on my solo project than Ken Penders has on his in the last five years.

I write and draw a manga. It's like a backwards comic. Give it shot, bro.

"You can't just slap "& Knuckles" onto everything." & Knuckles

Weasyl
    Umbra.Exe
    I tried planting a bunch of vegetable seeds once, and I kept them inside until the weather got nicer. Turns out that may have been a mistake, since the sun burned them up the first day I moved them outside... :C

That was pretty frustrating, but I think I'd like to try again.

I have had a little success with flowers, though. I planted a sunflower seed from some hamster food, which grew into a tiny two-faced mutant (it was only about 5 inches tall, and had two flowers on the same stem, back-to-back.) That was kinda neat. Then I got some Narcissus bulbs that grew up really nice.

I'd like to try growing some pansies, poppies, and columbine flowers, but I think I should wait until the weather is less hot.

Weasyl
    Noxid

Weasyl
    N/A
    You should take some pictures when it starts bearing some fruit!

Weasyl
    Uncle Gator
    that's fantastic, yo.
    i don't have my own place to do any real gardening, but i've started getting into cacti and succulents (and similar such things). got one of those little "desert gem" colored cactus things several months ago and it's been growing pretty good. recently got a coral "cactus", too. hoping that one will do as well as the first has.

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    Last edited by Gamedog; 06-27-2015 at 10:27 PM.

Weasyl
    MalevolentMask
    I honestly have too many plants but for the most part I lean towards tropical house plants. My favorites being bromeliads and crotons.

In terms of bromeliads, I love when they produce little "pups" its just so interesting to me how they reproduce. I've gotten a couple pups in the past from various parent plants and I've been able to raise them all to maturity and give them to my friends. 8'D

Crotons are just so interesting based on how many different leaf and plant structures there are. But despite all the variety the colors and veins are relatively the same. I currently have a croton outside right now soaking up the sun so I can get back their color. (it turned green because I had to keep them inside for so long and not in direct sunlight)

I could just ramble about plants all day. They're so great. 8'D