Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Weasyl
    N/A
    A 1950-54 Nash Rambler Club coupe to customize to my heart's content. A custom sword I have in my head and can't stop playing with. Artwork of all my characters. One hundred acres of forest/meadow, so I can put up a sign saying: "Pooh Corner"... yes, I want my own "hundred acre wood" to play on. I would also like to take one of these and convert it into a cartridge-firing "replica" based on either a trapdoor or Snider breech... yes, a neat little squirrel rifle chambered in .38 Special would make for an elegant small-game hunting rifle.

Oh, and along with the property, I'd like to build my "airlock" house in the middle of the meadow part... another design I've had running trough my head.

And "Oh" again! Almost forgot this little number. Yes, you read that right: The rifle costs $5745.00 in cold, hard cash. Me want!
    Last edited by Roose Hurro; 09-03-2015 at 06:41 PM.

Weasyl
    Sparkyopteryx
    A proper intermediate to advanced Gemeinhardt concert flute with a B-foot key. Mine was stolen some years ago and through financial difficulty I still cannot get a replacement. I still have all of my sheet music, all of my books, my passion for music, everything but the instrument. It's left a lasting hole that can't truly be gone until I have that silver-plated beauty in my hands again.

Weasyl
    Eagle GodHeart
    a tablet, im starting to like art but sadly when i sketch i almost ALWAYS run out off eracer on my pencil... yeah i cant keep switching between pencils.....
    it takes a real man to call sin out by its real name
    -anonomus

אב, סלח להם; כי הם לא יודעים מה הם עושים
    -ישועה

profile pic by uncle-noob on teen furs.

Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    Well in the meantime there's a few things I can see that will solve this issue more or less.

You're either erasing too hard/too much, or aren't sketching light enough. Because really during the sketch phase, you're not supposed to be erasing a great deal. You start rough and light to get your forms and composition ready for your shading/linework whichever you're choosing. You also aren't using proper erasers it seems. From what your post says, it sounds like you're using standard #2 Ticonderoga or something. Which is fine, but get yourself some Staedtler white erasers and kneaded erasers. School pencil erasers aren't too viable with heavy drawing. Especially pencil topped ones.

That should help your problem until you can afford a quality tablet.
    ^ A+ advice.

To tack onto that, if you still find yourself being too heavy-handed with the pencil (because I have the same problem): mechanical pencils are a great solution. No really, they are. You'll get really frustrated with them at first, because if you apply too much pressure, the lead breaks. But, it does teach you to work with a light hand to get the basic gesture down, after which you can always go in with another pencil to clean up the lines and add the shading.

Plus, the best sketches imo are the ones where you can see he entire anatomy and gesture being built up with layer after layer of light pencil-work. Our very own Moogle actually does this magnificently in her (digital) sketches!

Weasyl
    Eagle GodHeart
    [QUOTE=Hardrockangel;92367mechanical pencils are a great solution.
    QUOTE]

thats the problem, im uesing a mechanical pencil, its not so much that i sketch "to hard" or anything like that so much as i make ALOT of mistakes.
    -anonomus

-ישועה

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle GodHeart View Post
    thats the problem, im uesing a mechanical pencil, its not so much that i sketch "to hard" or anything like that so much as i make ALOT of mistakes.
    Then you need to study the basics on anatomy and proportions. I mean, it's as simple (and difficult) as that, really.
    Investing in a good anatomy-book helps, doing gesture studies also helps tremendously.

Weasyl
    Eagle GodHeart
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardrockangel View Post
    Then you need to study the basics on anatomy and proportions. I mean, it's as simple (and difficult) as that, really.
    Investing in a good anatomy-book helps, doing gesture studies also helps tremendously.
    well i think i have anatomy done perty good over all i really cant draw my lines without a "shakey" look. seriously almost every time i draw at least on the first "draft" it looks like my arms were on a speed withdrawl or somthing.
    -anonomus

-ישועה

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle GodHeart View Post
    well i think i have anatomy done perty good over all i really cant draw my lines without a "shakey" look. seriously almost every time i draw at least on the first "draft" it looks like my arms were on a speed withdrawl or somthing.
    I hate to burst your bubble, but ... from the examples on your Weasyl I don't think it'd be a bad idea to focus on the basics and proportions. Hell, I still do studies as well because there's no such thing as practicing too much.

ON TOPIC: These vanitas-rings are gorgeous. And so expensive. :[

*makes grabby hands at screen*

Weasyl
    Eagle GodHeart
    yeah do you mind if we continue this discussion in PM?

ON TOPIC: i would LOVE to get these earrings but sadly.....
    -anonomus

-ישועה

Weasyl
    LazerMaster5
    A 1969 Chevrolet Camaro SS with white racing stripes and a Supercharger sticking out of the hood. Mag wheels with racing slicks. Chrome exhaust pipes sticking out of the side. Vroom vroom.