Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    lilshark

Any Craft Beer fans??

Curious if there is anyone else here that loves craft beer and trying new brews?

What are your favorite types of beer? What are your favorite breweries? What do you recommend?

Lets see. For me, I love stouts and porters. The darker the beer the better for me. I love smokey flavors of stouts and really tend to love a good milk stout for the creaminess and mix of that stout smokiness I adore. I like porters for their initial flavor and the room for creativity brewers can get with them.

One of my favorite beers is St. Peters Cream Stout, North High Brewing (Columbus OH brewery Milk stout) and Breckenridge Vanilla Porter

^ I recommend all of these by the way.

Weasyl
    maugryph
    My friend makes beer so I get to taste many of his experiments. Some good.. some not so much. My favorites are porters, Ipas, and Lagers.

Weasyl
    lilshark
    Nice! My S.O. is into home brewing too.

IPAs and Lagers aren't really my thing. I guess I am a malty beer over a hoppy beer person

Weasyl
    Joybit
    I'm always into trying new beer. I think I've only ever had one that I thought was genuinely awful, but I'm far from picky so that may be at fault here XD
    Rinpoe the Ringtail Fox and Joybit the Rock Dove
    Live in this profile
    --> 01B6D8CF <--

Weasyl
    lilshark
    Quote Originally Posted by Joybit View Post
    I'm always into trying new beer. I think I've only ever had one that I thought was genuinely awful, but I'm far from picky so that may be at fault here XD
    Nice, does one come to mind that you particularly like?

And you aren't at fault for being picky I'll drink most beers but if I go to the store to buy some there are some I'd rather get for myself over others!
    Last edited by lilshark; 08-25-2015 at 08:09 PM.

Weasyl
    Joybit
    Quote Originally Posted by lilshark View Post
    Nice, does one come to mind that you particularly like?
    I tend to lean towards IPAs, love the taste of Hops. I'm not sure if it can be considered "craft" but I tend to just go for Goose Island 312 when I'm not feeling adventurous.
    Rinpoe the Ringtail Fox and Joybit the Rock Dove
    Live in this profile
    --> 01B6D8CF <--

Weasyl
    lilshark
    Quote Originally Posted by Joybit View Post
    I tend to lean towards IPAs, love the taste of Hops. I'm not sure if it can be considered "craft" but I tend to just go for Goose Island 312 when I'm not feeling adventurous.
    Yup I believe so. And just to check my knowledge of the definition : "The Brewers Association defines American craft brewers as "small, independent and traditional": "small" is defined as an "annual production of 6 million barrels of beer or less"; "independent" is defined as at least 75% owned or controlled by a craft brewer; and "traditional" is defined as brewing in which at least 50% ..."

Weasyl
    Antumbra
    I love malty beers as well, but mostly around Irish Reds/Amber Ales area.

New Belgium brewery beers some one of my favorites around here. There also is a place called Dry Dock that is probably becoming a big name by now. Their stuff is amazing and is winning a bunch of awards at beer festivals.

For non-craft beer, I love Kilkenny Irish Red. I think it it owned by Guinness, but it is so hard to find here and it is frustrating.

Weasyl
    lilshark
    Quote Originally Posted by Antumbra View Post
    I love malty beers as well, but mostly around Irish Reds/Amber Ales area.

New Belgium brewery beers some one of my favorites around here. There also is a place called Dry Dock that is probably becoming a big name by now. Their stuff is amazing and is winning a bunch of awards at beer festivals.

For non-craft beer, I love Kilkenny Irish Red. I think it it owned by Guinness, but it is so hard to find here and it is frustrating.
    Usually not a beer I go to, but Irish reds can be absolutely amazing. I'll have to keep an eye out for Dry Dock. Never heard of them but maybe they'll make the rounds in columbus!

Does Rolling Rock count as a craft beer?
    Get a loada this guy here.
    https://twitter.com/DogdongD