Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Weasyl
    maugryph
    Quote Originally Posted by TeenageAngst View Post
    Does Rolling Rock count as a craft beer?
    No.

What if I live outside the tri-state area?
    Get a loada this guy here.
    https://twitter.com/DogdongD

Weasyl
    lilshark
    wot

Weasyl
    NachtWolfES
    I usually attend 2-3 different craft beer festivals per year. I prefer ales at the moment, however I'll drink anything honestly. Brooklyn and Sierra Nevada are always a fine choice. He'brew (Shmaltz Brewing Company) has had some excellent brews, but they're a bit tough to find at times.

At some point I'd love to visit Ommegang's brewery.. I was only two hours away from it while I was at college.

Weasyl
    N/A
    I used to really really enjoy trying new beers. My favorites used to be stouts, porters, and dark ales. The Dogfather's Imperial Russian Stout used to be my favorite, and anything brewed locally by Mendocino in CA ^^

Now i really only drink one or two light beers and get totally wasted xD i lost a ton of weight. my tastes have changed so much i cant drink the dark ones anymore. Im really sad about that

Oh! And for imports, anything by Weihenstefaner gets my seal of approval!! *Pawprint* ooh, and doppelbocks. SO YUM YUMS!!!!
    Last edited by Mei; 08-30-2015 at 04:42 PM.

Weasyl
    NachtWolfES
    Quote Originally Posted by Mei View Post
    I used to really really enjoy trying new beers. My favorites used to be stouts, porters, and dark ales. The Dogfather's Imperial Russian Stout used to be my favorite, and anything brewed locally by Mendocino in CA ^^

Now i really only drink one or two light beers and get totally wasted xD i lost a ton of weight. my tastes have changed so much i cant drink the dark ones anymore. Im really sad about that

Oh! And for imports, anything by Weihenstefaner gets my seal of approval!! *Pawprint* ooh, and doppelbocks. SO YUM YUMS!!!!
    Oof.. sorry to hear that about your tastes changing Mei... at least now you don't have to spend a ton to be in a good state of mind? x3

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by NachtWolf View Post
    Oof.. sorry to hear that about your tastes changing Mei... at least now you don't have to spend a ton to be in a good state of mind? x3
    Yes, its been fairly liberating <3 i used to be alcoholic, i couldnt go a day without it until one day i was lying there and figured out why i was unhappy and what fueled the drinking. I started trying to better my situation from that day forward and the drinking just sorta stopped.. i found a great boyfriend who i am living with now and am looking for a new job

That doesnt change the fact that i miss dark beer xD im just spacey enough without being drunk... you might mistake me for drunk in public x3

Weasyl
    lilshark
    Quote Originally Posted by NachtWolf View Post
    I usually attend 2-3 different craft beer festivals per year. I prefer ales at the moment, however I'll drink anything honestly. Brooklyn and Sierra Nevada are always a fine choice. He'brew (Shmaltz Brewing Company) has had some excellent brews, but they're a bit tough to find at times.

At some point I'd love to visit Ommegang's brewery.. I was only two hours away from it while I was at college.
    I love He'Brew's porter. I just got to try it a few weeks ago and I was blown away. If you are ever in Michigan, and find yourself near Kalamazoo, go to Bell's. They have a ton of beer on tap that they never bottle and I can't remember the name, but they had the best stout I have ever tasted. I was in beer heaven

And Mei congratulations on your life style changes . Those take a lot of hard work but good on you, and hey, if you decide to have a heavier beer at least you know you won't be paying for multiple 7 dollars pints

Weasyl
    sayum
    I'm all about that lager and ale. The darker the better. Though if I must have a pale ale it would be Duvel.
    insert le fav local pub

Weasyl
    Shanwang
    Where I live, the warmer climates make drinking the dark brews a bit more difficult as much as I love them. So, I've seasonalized my choices.

Gun to my head? I love the porters, stouts, and malty beers available to me here. However, there are so many brews to choose from that I can find an IPA, Amber, or Blonde that eases my summer thirst. SO! During the summer months, I really enjoy Hops and Grains Zoe Pale Dog Ale. It's a light, crispy hoppy dry ale that really quenches a summer thirst and isn't as filling as say the regular pils that's available. In autumn, I shift toward the scotch ales. Old Chub is an easy favorite followed by the Texas Brewed Rhar and Son's Iron Thistle. Winter is all PORTERS AND STOUTS BRA, we're talking Real Ale's Russian Imperial Stout - Commissar, 512's Pecan Porter, Real Ale's Coffee Porter and the major brands. Spring, I mix both the dark stuff and move toward the light brews, lagers shift into the mix and Thirsty Planet's Thirsty Goat is an easy favorite. Not the greatest lager but easy, inexpensive go to.
    Drunk post brought to you by Shanwang