Thread: Visual Novels

Weasyl
    sayum

Visual Novels

VNs really appeal to me. I feel there is a lot to be explored and expanded upon in that format. I am in the process of planning a short visual novel project set in the 16th century.

I was curious to know if anyone else has made a VN before or has an interest in them? Any favorite VNs?

I personally have sort of moved on from playing Japanese style visual novels to indie projects on steam. The Yawgh has become one of my favorite multiplayers and I am becoming a fan of Banner Saga as well.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Fate/Stay Night is my favourite along with Steins;Gate. Other than a few others, I've not played too many. They are really fun though!

Good luck with making your own, sounds like it'll be a pretty big project.

Hello! I'm really into visual novels aswell. Phoenix Wright saga is considered visual novel, isn't it? I love it! And have you ever played 999? It's a mistery visual novel (NDS). About romantic/adult visual novels, it's difficult to find good ones.

I'm working on a furry adult visual novel / sim dating, and we'd like to create a very high quality video game. Unfortunately, we don't have enough patrons (only 3) and we don't really understand why, we think it really has potential. Could you please give me your opinion? About the story, art, etc... I don't know if you like adult (there's 1 h-scene for now) or sim dating genere, but anyway I'll put here the link so you can play if you want.

To download it (mega link there): http://taifunriders.blogspot.com.es/
    To play it online: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/665203

Sayum, I'm really curious about your visual novel, where can I find it?

Weasyl
    oly
    I started learning Ren'Py and writing a little doot of a test thing jsut to learn the language.

I'm not really a fan of any VNs honestly, I just think the form is interesting for it's relative ease of creation compared to other ways of making games. And it's like a choose your own adventure novel or a motion comic, or both.

Quote Originally Posted by Oly View Post
    And it's like a choose your own adventure novel or a motion comic, or both.
    Yess that's exactly why I like these kind of games I'm really bad at games in general (maybe my coordination is the problem lol), but these ones let me read a good story and choose my way, like the "choose your own adventure" books. Maybe they're for a specific public like me, because it's true that they don't have much action.

Weasyl
    oly
    They don't have much interactivity.

A good story should have plenty of action, at least in the sense of story stuff happening even if not like action-adventure type action.