Weasyl
    Sidewalk Surfboard

Critique on Fursona Ref?

I drew a ref of my Fursona, and I'm wondering what y'all think.
    https://www.weasyl.com/character/56382/tribble-the-rat

Its perfectly fine. It shows what it is. You might want to space the swatches out a bit more.

Really it all depends on what you are aspiring to. Perhaps include some background info as well.

Weasyl
    maugryph
    I don't know what your goal is. It's a decent ref sheet. I think if you give us more of an idea what you where hoping to get critiqued. Ex Anatomy? Design? We could help you better.

Weasyl
    Sidewalk Surfboard
    Quote Originally Posted by maugryph View Post
    I don't know what your goal is. It's a decent ref sheet. I think if you give us more of an idea what you where hoping to get critiqued. Ex Anatomy? Design? We could help you better.
    Design.

Weasyl
    GlaringFeline
    The character's design is pretty good, but in my opinion could use more individualism. Right now it looks pretty easy for someone who wants to make a rat anthro to come very close to this design by mistake. I suggest adding some accessories like glasses, a watch, etc, and a few more distinct markings(like one ear being one color, and one ear being the body's main color, or a big spot on one side of the belly, etc) If you're not that worried about someone making an oc that looks similar to him, then that nullifies my character design critique.

As for the design of the ref sheet itself, I agree with what was suggested before with spacing out the color palette. I think you should add a back view of him, or specify on the sheet that there are no marks on his back. Since Weasyl has a dark layout, a lighter background will make it easier to read the text.
    -Insert inspirational quote here-