Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rbartrop View Post
    fort of loyalty.
    I don't know what that is but it sounds awesome. It's not a tree house, it's a Fort Of Loyalty. F.U.C.King awesome.

Weasyl
    WolfNightV4X1
    Quote Originally Posted by Recel View Post
    The way I see it, is that because people don't really post on Weasyl, others don't post either. It's like going into a room full of people, but no one says anything. It would feel awkward to break the silence.
    At least on the internet you're actually sitting in a chair by yourself in comfort sipping juice and no one can judge you for being a mute wheareas in a party full of people like that it's a nightmare of awkwardness aura emanating from the entirety of the populace :V

Would prefer internet awkwardness over irl awkwardness any day!
    Howl 'Havoc' and let slip the wolves of war

Weasyl
    Ruggy
    The way I see it, is that because people don't really post on Weasyl, others don't post either. It's like going into a room full of people, but no one says anything. It would feel awkward to break the silence.
    Well. I mean.

I could break the silence more often, but a lot of the time I don't have much more to say than, "Man, aren't dogs neat? They are just the coolest little critters, all loyal and shit. How crazy is it to have a predator curled up in your lap, content to be there?"

I do probably too much thinking about dogs.

... It's generally better if I respond to stuff than come up with my own inane topics, is what I'm sayin'.
    Formerly gorgonops. I do art-type stuff.

I'm gonna try and make myself comment on every pic I favorite.

If you change the name to Weasalt, Fay is gonna have to draw a new mascot for it, and I don't think an anthropomorphic salt shaker is quite as endearing.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Depending on the activity here I might stay. See many of the people I know from FAF already migrated their stuff here.

Weasyl
    Ruggy
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizard King View Post
    If you change the name to Weasalt, Fay is gonna have to draw a new mascot for it, and I don't think an anthropomorphic salt shaker is quite as endearing.
    ;_;
    Formerly gorgonops. I do art-type stuff.

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    I think it has a bit to do with direction I suppose. To further the analogy it's more to do with being in a room where people have discussed the same things for years. The reason there is rarity to break such silence is people defaulting to "So how's the weather". Topics that will have short lives or people stopped bothering to answer. There will always be topics people can easily go to but in general forums are a communication board that has its own set of problems.

That said Weasyl has too much FA history in its blood so a lot of comparisons are to be expected, and to the point it may still be seen as FA Jr. It has much to go since it is a volunteer site as well to break out of some conventional patterns of how other art sites, primarily is run, and bring something more unique to the plate. It also has to do so without breaking some patterns of familiarity in the design as well.

Weasyl
    Umbra.Exe
    Quote Originally Posted by Socks the Fox View Post
    I'm gonna try and make myself comment on every pic I favorite.
    This is what I do as well. :>
    It's hard for me to word things though, so I don't fave often. :c

Weasyl
    WolfNightV4X1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruggy View Post
    Well. I mean.

I could break the silence more often, but a lot of the time I don't have much more to say than, "Man, aren't dogs neat? They are just the coolest little critters, all loyal and shit. How crazy is it to have a predator curled up in your lap, content to be there?"

I do probably too much thinking about dogs.

... It's generally better if I respond to stuff than come up with my own inane topics, is what I'm sayin'.
    Cant argue with that topic, 'tis a good topic. Dogs are like...cool. 10/10 would dog again
    Howl 'Havoc' and let slip the wolves of war