Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    Agitoho
    Quote Originally Posted by GlaringFeline View Post
    Some people don't have FAQs because they feel unneeded. As a popular artist, having one is really important so people don't ask the same thing over and over. Someone like me who doesn't have a following don't need it since they'd be lucky to be asked a question at all.
    Oh, of course, I didn't mean everyone should feel the need to make one and it may be unneeded for most (much like myself). I just think it'd be easier for more popular artists to have one (like a link leading to a journal or something) so they're not asked the same question all the time. That way, they can answer questions that don't pop up as much.

Of course, this would only worked if people actually took the time to read an FAQ. You could have a huge banner that said FAQ HERE and someone will still ask a question that's been asked a million times. It might curtail things a bit, but, like most things, it's not 100%.
    No matter what happens, I will have always produced more visible work on my solo project than Ken Penders has on his in the last five years.

I write and draw a manga. It's like a backwards comic. Give it shot, bro.

"You can't just slap "& Knuckles" onto everything." & Knuckles

Quote Originally Posted by kysketch View Post
    I've just joined Weasyl yesterday, so I'm not sure if I am qualified enough to reply to this.

I just like to post my art in as many places as possible, which includes DeviantArt. I'll stay if I feel welcome. but I'm not going to just disappear. Every site has its issues.

So far, though, Weasyl's been pretty good.

I'm also pretty shy, so I do not talk (or type in this case) as much as I probably should. In general, I always try to comment/reply the best I can, especially when I favorite something. If someone were to comment on my stuff, I feel this obligation to reply to it (unless it was rude and uncalled for). Sometimes I do not have much to say.

In the past, I have been called a few undesirable names on dA for typing too much, so that has discouraged me a bit, too.

I'm not making much sense, but hey. I wanted to post a reply.
    The sad fact is, whatever you do, someone will have a problem with it. Most people on FA are okay with you thanking them for a fave or a watch, but there are a few who will throw a great unholy fit if you do. There's at least one who gets violently upset if you watch their page.

And it's perfectly all right if you don't feel like being chatty. Some artists are just better at expressing themselves through pictures than through words.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiz View Post
    More like teabag.
    taggate confirmed
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics
    "You are what you do not do." - Relax

Weasyl
    Domnul Eduard
    Quote Originally Posted by Socks the Fox View Post

Another thing is, especially for more popular artists, it's easy to get overwhelmed. A lot of them solve that by going to the comment notification page and clicking nuke; not because they think people aren't worthy but because replying to 137 comments on a single pic gets tedious, especially when people don't read. It's easy for "Hey how do you do your lighting?" to get lost in a sea of "OMGZURAWESOMEIWANNADRAWLIKEU!!!!!1!!!!!!111!! !1!"
    This is precisely the reason I do not leave comments on "popular artists". I never fancied the idea of being an extra irrelevant voice, to be honest.
    Instead, I much rather prefer dedicating my comments on those under-appreciated and obscured artists who could truly make use of some exposure, and especially of some encouragement and feedback.
    Not to mention that for these artists, your thoughtful comments actually count.

Weasyl
    Ruggy
    Quote Originally Posted by Eduard View Post
    This is precisely the reason I do not leave comments on "popular artists". I never fancied the idea of being an extra irrelevant voice, to be honest.
    Instead, I much rather prefer dedicating my comments on those under-appreciated and obscured artists who could truly make use of some exposure, and especially of some encouragement and feedback.
    I like you. :3

But yeah I'm honestly more likely to leave a comment than add a favorite, in general. Especially on fursuit work, which is something I'm not terribly likely to add to my favorites, but I still genuinely appreciate it when it's well done.

... Unless, as Socks pointed out, there's already 35 comments on the thing, in which case it just feels kinda pointless.
    Formerly gorgonops. I do art-type stuff.

One thing I really don't like on Weasyl versus other websites was the horrible update that changed how images thumbnails work.
    I really hate inconsistent thumbnail sizes and don't like being forced to see the entire images in a miniature. Especially if something disgusting is mixed with things I don't mind.
    I seldom browse for pictures, but I pass by the front page daily and it can annoy me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eduard View Post
    That's how I used to do as well.

I really like when people leave comments no matter how simple, even if I have no response to give. It's more encouraging than getting 100+ faves.

7.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #67

Weasyl
    Fiz
    Quote Originally Posted by dischimera View Post
    One thing I really don't like on Weasyl versus other websites was the horrible update that changed how images thumbnails work.
    I really hate inconsistent thumbnail sizes and don't like being forced to see the entire images in a miniature. Especially if something disgusting is mixed with things I don't mind.
    Sorry you don't like the new thumbnails, however there is the option to blacklist submissions through tags so you don't need to see pictures that disgust you. Check out "Search Tag Filters" under your settings. Hope that helps.

Weasyl
    Domnul Eduard
    Quote Originally Posted by dischimera View Post
    I seldom browse for pictures, but I pass by the front page daily and it can annoy me.
    Sorry you don't like the new thumbnails, however there is the option to blacklist submissions through tags so you don't need to see pictures that disgust you. Check out "Search Tag Filters" under your settings. Hope that helps.
    Or you may want to consider browsing with a filter on, that you can set from your User Preferences and therefore disable anything from mature/non-sexual adult and up to appear on your screen. Doing so, you will not have to worry about having something disgusting appear clandestinely.
    Certainly, there is the case that some of the stuff you like may be blocked by the filter too. Well, there is such a thing called "Sacrifice" for that, or for driving to the filth to see the mature/adult stuff you like.

Or just do as Fiz suggested.

Weasyl
    maugryph
    I like the new thumbnails. I also like the clean look that weasyl has.

I'll try the tag filter, thanks. It's not like I spend a lot of time seeing thumbnails.

Still think the thumbnails make the front page look like a mess though. But I don't use internet on smartphones, so I guess I can't see any positives in the change.

Just so I don't end with two off-topic posts:
    Normally I'm somewhat of a shy guy. When I do talk online I take too hell long to get my messages across. So I like to think it's better for everyone if I don't post too much.