Alaksi

Alaksi's attempt at art

Weasyl
    N/A

Weasyl
    Alaksi
    Wow, thank you so much Moogle!

Quote Originally Posted by Moogle View Post
    Ahh I haven't been on Flight Rising in ages! If I remember correctly though, that I think is a Skydancer? Beautiful job with the lines on him/her, as well as the markings. I'm still learning light sources and how to properly place shadows myself, but from what I can see it doesn't look off at all! :3
    Yes, that's indeed a Skydancer Flight Rising has taken over my life lately so I've been doing headshot commissions over there to fund my obsession haha. Glad to hear this one looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by Moogle View Post
    I did a small redline for ya (on the second image), nothing detailed but I hope it helps even if just a tiny bit. The car as a whole looks terrific, you've really got a crazy imagination! I think aligning some of the other side to match is the biggest issue (& shaping the wheels to be more circular), but that can be fixed with a bit of tweaking and knowing some perspective.
    Ooh yes, that definitely helps. I have so much trouble with perspective, maybe I should start using guidelines. I'll follow your advice and post the results when I'm done :3 (And that car is from Mad Max Fury Road - fantastic movie by the way - my imagination isn't that good )

Thank you again for being so nice and helpful, if the rest of the community is anything like you I can already tell I'm going to feel at home here! (seriously, I've been pleasantly surprised by this place, especially in contrast to DA where no one cares and you're basically on your own)

Weasyl
    Alaksi
    >I have an art blog<

Weasyl
    Alaksi
    >I have an art blog<

Weasyl
    Alaksi
    >I have an art blog<

Weasyl
    Alaksi
    >I have an art blog<

Weasyl
    N/A
    Really like how this is coming out so far, Alaksi! I wish I could give you some tips for painting, but I'm still very new to colouring in general. From what I can see though, the bg is really easy on the eyes and mixes well with the dragon. For layers, I think that's a good amount to have. You may want to add another when doing shading or lighting, but that's entirely up to you and what you feel more comfortable with. Personally from the small amount I've attempted for painting, I prefer to work on a single layer (or 2, then merge) as it's just easier for me to blend.