Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334
    Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by pthnrgrrl View Post
    Well, no. They're not librarians and the tags aren't areas they're organized into.

Tags, to me, are suggestions. and I ask again, why should I let the critics tell me what my work is and isn't?
    It doesn't matter what tags are to you. And no, they are librarians. Just because you keep calling them critics, or think tags are a frame on a painting doesn't make it true.

Do you realize how juvenile it is to just and say the equivalent of "Well no. The sun is not a star, the sun is a planet because that's how it is to me." Running away into the realm of personal semantics helps no one and is detrimental to any real discussion.
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics
    "You are what you do not do." - Relax

Weasyl
    Toshabi
    Quote Originally Posted by pthnrgrrl View Post
    I don't think it is at all.

I answered your question. Twice in fact.

To continue the analogy. I'm the author. I think I would know what best what categories my work fits in. Yes, critics (taggers) can suggest what they think my work is, but why should I be forced to listen to them? Why can't I reject that and be able to say "no! it belongs with the other mysteries!"
    Kind of like how Tommy Wiseau thought "The Room" was a serious drama at first but ended up being percieved and widely excepted as a dark comedy due to audience reaction and reception.

3.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #333
    Weasyl
    Taw
    It's clear this thread isn't going to be able to get back on topic. We may make another one if we need additional feedback, or a survey of sorts later on. Thank you for your participation.