Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    vyxn
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanda View Post
    Want to give CC’s a better market for commissions? Make a better commission system than any of the other sites. Doing commission journals are fine, but there are WAY better things that could be implemented to give CC’s more visibility on this front. [/I]

I posted a trade journal here, FA and SoFurry. It's gotten more views on FA and Sofurry than here. SoFurry also has a marketplace that I could post to.

Weasyl could probably introduce a market-style thing..my worry is they'd still get it wrong.

Weasyl
    Swanda
    Quote Originally Posted by pthnrgrrl View Post
    Weasyl could probably introduce a market-style thing..my worry is they'd still get it wrong.
    They totally could. And even if they got it wrong, it could still become the best marketplace out there in time!
    It isn't because staff really don't want user input or don't listen to it. So, so, many really good improvements have already been made to the site thanks to user input. I just Really wish that the whole process would feel less like pulling out teeth, your own teeth... Though I feel like staff's refusal to play ball on this one is the worst ever.

Hmm. While I admit I don't hate the community tagging with the passion some of my friends/other artists seem to, I'm a little disappointed in what feels like a thread setup with the intent being, "Suggest things, but we're going to refuse every suggestion you make until the only solution is 'leave things as they are, which is what we want anyway'". I just don't get the impression that staff is actually interested in compromising or making any changes. Though I'll also admit I didn't read every single page, just the first and last couple.

After reading various suggestions, I still personally feel the tag approval system would be the best compromise. I suppose there's also the ability to blacklist -artists- so you wouldn't view their work on the front page. When I used Inkbunny when it was newer, I personally found that to be a very useful feature.

Weasyl
    vyxn
    Well, one only has to see this to know that Weasyl doesn't care about our suggestions.

have a good night.

P.S. now it seems I've got devs/staff of this site ghosting me on twitter. a shame.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #305
    Weasyl
    Taw
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayla-La View Post
    Hmm. While I admit I don't hate the community tagging with the passion some of my friends/other artists seem to, I'm a little disappointed in what feels like a thread setup with the intent being, "Suggest things, but we're going to refuse every suggestion you make until the only solution is 'leave things as they are, which is what we want anyway'". I just don't get the impression that staff is actually interested in compromising or making any changes. Though I'll also admit I didn't read every single page, just the first and last couple.

After reading various suggestions, I still personally feel the tag approval system would be the best compromise. I suppose there's also the ability to blacklist -artists- so you wouldn't view their work on the front page. When I used Inkbunny when it was newer, I personally found that to be a very useful feature.
    We definitely aren't refusing every suggestion, sorry if it comes off that way. The only suggestion we outright have refused (and explained reasoning as to why over the course of the last 30 pages) was an opt-out feature due to how it affects blacklisting and search and introduces issues of it's own. We welcome any and all suggestions to try and help come to a solution that works out for everyone. Keep in mind that we aren't looking for a temporary fix or a stopgap, which is why we are heavily critiquing ideas (to see the good sides, bad sides, etc) and asking lots of questions.

Some suggestions I've collected from the thread can be found in my first post in here:
    https://forums.weasyl.com/vbulletin/...ll=1#post90333

Weasyl
    Swanda
    Read next page
    Last edited by Swanda; 08-22-2015 at 09:26 PM.

Weasyl
    vyxn

Weasyl
    Swanda
    Well, I want to point out that it's One member of staff pthnrgrrl, it does not reflect all of them.
    One who btw still haven't answered my question, but appear to be subtweeting me just fine.

Weasyl
    vyxn
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanda View Post
    Well, I want to point out that it's One member of staff pthnrgrrl, it does not reflect all of them.
    One who btw still haven't answered my question, but appear to be subtweeting me just fine.
    To be fair, though, he also "mostly posts from @weasyldev" so he's the official mouth piece for the devs, it seems.