Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #311

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    Quote Originally Posted by pthnrgrrl View Post
    To be fair, though, he also "mostly posts from @weasyldev" so he's the official mouth piece for the devs, it seems.
    To be completely fair, leading up to this you've made a point of antagonizing him personally for his participation in the tag discussion.
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

Weasyl
    vyxn
    Quote Originally Posted by piñardilla View Post
    To be completely fair, leading up to this you've made a point of antagonizing him personally for his participation in the tag discussion.
    So you're saying that justifies him going to twitter, looking me up, and antagonizing me there? instead of keeping it all here?

Good to know the staff supports that type of griefing behavior.

Weasyl
    Swanda
    So you're saying that justifies him going to twitter, looking me up, and antagonizing me there? instead of keeping it all here?

It doesn't justify it at all, it just means that you weren't entirely innocent in the matter either.
    And honestly they weren't entirely wrong in feeling paranoid enough to go look if you were talking smack.

---Edit---

Waou, not even paranoid, you were practically broadcasting smack.
    That's it, I'mma remove my screencap. Can't entirely blame the man for getting baited by that.
    Last edited by Swanda; 08-22-2015 at 09:21 PM.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #314

Weasyl
    pinardilla

I'm sure no one needed to look you up – the personal attacks launched from your twitter account tagged with @weasyl alerted everyone to their existence as intended.

It's regrettable that weykent was baited into venting publicly, but he still deserves an honest representation of what happened here.
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #315
    Weasyl
    Noxid
    weykent is only human
    maybe even a little less than most
    no man could weather this storm
    Last edited by Noxid; 08-22-2015 at 09:08 PM.

Weasyl
    vyxn
    Quote Originally Posted by piñardilla View Post
    I'm sure no one needed to look you up – the personal attacks launched from your twitter account tagged with @weasyl alerted everyone to their existence as intended.

It's regrettable that weykent was baited into venting publicly, but he still deserves an honest representation of what happened here.
    Interesting. he was "baited" into it? I didn't realize that giving an opinion on a forum was baiting someone into going on twitter.

Wow.

welp, at least I know where staff stands with me. Which shows that I shouldn't report anything ever. I wouldn't know if it'd be good a idea or not.
    Last edited by blufawx; 08-22-2015 at 09:09 PM.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #317

Weasyl
    Fiz
    Okay, everyone needs to completely knock off the personal attacks or we will start banning people from this thread, or just flat out close it. It's getting ridiculous. We don't need to be comparing someone to the Nazis and we don't need to take this to Twitter.

We'll speak to weykent about the Twitter activity, it obviously wasn't helpful here. Please accept my apologies for that.

That said, at this point its clear we're all just getting frustrated with each other because both sides feel that no one is listening to each other, which is rubbish.

We've done enough discussion about the morality/logic of why community tagging is good/bad, we've gone in circles several times and we're not going to see eye to eye on that obviously, so we need to start working on a compromise using the ideas that both users and staff have recommended in the thread.

However, please do not take it personal if someone disagrees or comes up with more cons than pros over your idea. It's nothing to take personal, it's just discussion.

At this point, I will reiterate that these two things are extremely likely to not happen, so please do not continue to suggest them as the only possible alternative:

1. Total removal of the community tagging system
    2. A checkbox to globally prevent the community from suggesting tags to a given artist's work. Suggesting being the key word, as 'Ask the artist before adding a tag' is also on the table.

(That said, there are suggestions that ARE under consideration, such as per-submission blocking of tags: 'I don't want this submission tagged with X', preventing a suggested tag from being suggested once already declined, and so on.)

Community tagging has always been with Weasyl and is here to stay. If this has somehow not been clear all along, we apologize for this, but we also fully support not staying with Weasyl if this is an unacceptable state of things. We recognize that Weasyl will not be the site for everyone. All this said, there are a lot of changes that can be made short of dumping community tagging, or leaving over its presence. The point of this thread is to engage in ideas and find a happy medium that most people would feel alright with using.
    Last edited by Fiz; 08-22-2015 at 09:28 PM. Reason: grammar

Weasyl
    vyxn
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiz View Post
    We'll speak to weykent about the Twitter activity, it obviously wasn't helpful here. Please accept my apologies for that.
    Too late. I've pulled down my art and posted on all the relevant sites, including this one, that if I commission an artist they are not to post any art related to me here. the damage was done.

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #319

Weasyl
    Fiz
    Too late. I've pulled down my art and posted on all the relevant sites, including this one, that if I commission an artist they are not to post any art related to me here. the damage was done.
    Please refrain from off-topic posting if you are not going to discuss community tagging system ideas.

In fact after this, staff may look into hiding off topic posts, or ban people from the thread for repeatedly posting off topic, so please keep on topic.

Thank you.

Weasyl
    vyxn
    Hmm....we'll see if anything's done about that one.

That said, I'd be in favor of CCs having more control over what tags are shown or even allowed. Without moderator approval or say. I feel that there's no reason for someone else to tell a CC what tags are appropriate.

I think the "Accept/Deny" for tags could be better. As I know I went to my page the other day..and there were two notifications telling me that someone had changed my tags..yet there was nothing on the actual page. Which I find odd.