Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    N/A
    Mei looked Eliizer straight in the eye. "The quest, of course! I have encountered dragons in previous travels and have always managed to come through unscathed," she said, with a slightly elevated ego. What she failed to mention was the miniscule size of the dragons and the singed fur that had come as a result.
    Last edited by Mei; 08-30-2015 at 01:49 PM.

Weasyl
    Viciviser
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaredthefox92 View Post
    In walks in a traveling merchant. He appears to be a rat dressed in odd, Arabic like attire. He seems to have on golden and pointed shoes with winklepickers, a snow white tunic on, and a keffiyeh made out of crimson red cloth. Around the traveler's waist is what appeared to be a curved sword sheathed and strapped to his belt. The brown fur rat appears to resemble that of a dessert rat and seems to be carrying a small bag of items into the tavern.

"Greetings, my friends."
    Some of the tavern people look back to the rat, but turn away when they realize he's no one they know. However the minotaur bartender, Lysander, looks up and gives a wave to the rat.
    "Well if it isn't the traveling salesrat! You got somethin' for me? I still have that alcohol I purchased from ya. Savin' that fer a special occasion." He bellowed to the rat merrily.
    Lysander motioned for him to come sit at the bar.
    "Ya know, I remember yer face, but can't recall yer name. It's been a bit. Where've ya been lately?"
    Last edited by Viciviser; 08-30-2015 at 09:45 PM.

Weasyl
    Viciviser
    Quote Originally Posted by Mei View Post
    Mei looked Eliizer straight in the eye. "The quest, of course! I have encountered dragons in previous travels and have always managed to come through unscathed," she said, with a slightly elevated ego. What she failed to mention was the miniscule size of the dragons and the singed fur that had come as a result.
    Eliizer finally blinks and gives a nod of approval at Mei.
    "Good to hear it. I don't know what ilk of dragons you've come across, but any experience is still experience."
    He gave a small grin, "Just be sure your ability to control and aim spells is solid. I don't fancy perishing due to friendly fire."

"Any more questions? I hope everyone is ready. I would like to leave as soon as possible. We will travel to the ruins tonight and camp there until sunrise."

Weasyl
    admirallupine
    What Eliizer had said about the dragon was almost exactly Talix was expecting to hear. He makes a mental note of its description before slowly saying, "Alright, well, I expected as much."
    Once Eliizer explains that they will be camping out, Talix speaks again,
    "Well, I have a tent for two," he claims "if you wouldn't mind me picking up some last minute items from my place, that is. It's merely a few houses down."
    He pauses a moment.
    "Ah, damn," he speaks again, as if suddenly remembering something, "I'm going to have to tell my boss that I'll be leaving for a bit."
    He looks off to the side, a bit anxious.
    "I'll juuuuust leave him a note."
    He looks back at Eliizer.
    "No worries. If we are to leave as soon as possible, I'll hurry and pack and I'll meet you all by the town gates."
    He stands, ready to get a move on as he might already be holding the group up.
    Last edited by Talix; 08-31-2015 at 12:37 AM.

Weasyl
    N/A
    "I love nature," Mei replied, "I would take a pile of leaves or a snuggly spot beneath a tree over a tent or bed any day. I always travel light. I am ready to leave."
    Last edited by Mei; 08-31-2015 at 02:02 AM.

Weasyl
    Viciviser
    Eliizer gives a curt nod and stands up.
    "Good to hear it. Let's get on the road. If it will only take a moment, we can wait outside of your place."
    He says to Talix before he heads toward the stairs.

Down by the bar, Lysander calls out.
    "'Ey! My favorite salesrat's 'ere. He totes some rare wares. Maybe ya need somethin' for yer journey?"
    Eliizer looks at the stranger and shakes his head.
    "No, sorry. I travel light and have everything I need. We're in a hurry but if you want to peddle something to us before we leave the city just meet us at the gates."
    With that he heads out into the street.

Weasyl
    admirallupine
    "Alright then."
    Talix quickly walks down to the counter and pays for the drinks he's had and leaves a tip.
    "The ales were fantastic as usual Lysander," he cheerfully calls out as he heads towards the exit, "take it easy now!"
    Talix, now going at a light jog's pace, was eager, excited even to get going, but he reminds himself that he should also be cautious.
    "My choices are going to have consequences, that's for sure," he thinks to himself, "Eli isn't going to be too happy about me leaving for a bit. I suppose boredom and curiosity got the better of me when I accepted this quest... as well as the influence of a few drinks. Heh, but I'd like to see the look on Eli's face when I come back with that reward."
    He makes sure the others are following him as he jogs towards his house.
    "Assuming it's true of course," he continues, now a bit wary, "perhaps I was a bit too trusting. I feel as though I should find out more about this Eliizer fellow."

Talix quickly packs his tent, some blankets, a bedroll, his armor, some first aid supplies, trail rations, a mess kit, and a notebook and pen.
    He then writes a note to Eli, his blacksmith boss, and folds into an envelope, putting it into his mailbox along the way to the town gates.
    "I'm all set," he looks at the others "how about you guys? Excited to get going?"
    He gives a warm smile to Krebbic and Mei.
    He gives an inquisitive look at Eliizer, unsure to if he should pry for more information.
    "Hm, I might offend him if I ask, however..."
    He thinks it over for a moment, "No, perhaps I'll ask later on."
    Talix then gives a reassuring smile at Eliizer, "Err, sorry, just a bit anxious."
    Last edited by Talix; 09-03-2015 at 11:15 PM.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Mei followed Talix, forgetting that she had an unpaid drink in her hand. As Talix paid for his drinks, she glanced down and gulped. Lysander looked at her and held out his hand to collect payment.
    "Um, just this once, Lysander?" She said, looking at him with a coy, large-eyed smile.
    "I will add it to your tab," he replied shortly.
    "Meanie!!" She teased, beginning towards the door. She continued under her breath "Stubborn, cheap old bull-headed-" until Lysander shot her a death-glare. She yelped and ran out the door.

Mei watched Talix enter his house and let out a small yawn. She leaned back on the heels of her boots, arched her back, and stretched out her calves. Leaning on the fence outside of Talix's house, her eylids began to feel extremely heavy. Maybe I had a bit too much?? She thought to herself. Nah.

She awoke with the loud bang of Talix's door shutting and blinked a few times, remembering where she was. She ran her fingers through her hair a few times and left it down.

"How about you guys? Excited to get going?" Talix addressed the group. Mei nodded sleepily and jumped up and down in place a few times, trying to get the blood flowing again to begin walking.

Weasyl
    Viciviser
    Eliizer was quiet the whole way. He did not really look at his hastily-gathered group. He seemed deep in thought but he also kept easy pace with Talix. His steps were light; if one were paying attention it could be seen he barely made footprints when off of the paved road. He notices Mei falling asleep on the fence and shook his head in exasperation, but he still said nothing. When she woke up and blinked the sleep away he averted his eyes.

Headed to the gate, Talix spoke and Eliizer came out of his solemn state. It seemed Talix was eyeing him about something but just said he was anxious. Eliizer rolled his shoulders a bit trying to loosen up. Being deep in thought made him carry himself all wrong.
    "Not excited, no. More anxious, yes." He proffered.
    "I don't look forward to staring death in the face so eagerly."
    Although he seemed dour, he still had a slight grin and gleam to his eyes. They stopped at the city gates. There were two guards posted that paid them no mind. This was not a place where the gates needed to be closed at night so they could go as they please. Eliizer looked around a moment for the rat man they had seen at the tavern.
    "If the rat doesn't show up soon we'll head straight to the ruins."

Weasyl
    N/A
    Mei was now fully awake and followed close behind the other three, listening intently. When Eliizer turned to speak to Talix, she glimpsed a slight grin after the word 'anxious' that caused her entire back and tail to bristle involuntarily.
    I understand anxiety about such a large dragon, but something feels strange here... I may want to keep an eye on this one... She smoothed out her tail quickly before anyone caught notice.

"I hope we don't linger too long..." She said, walking just outside the gates into an open area.
    Her scythes were in hand, blades shimmering with a magical energy. She performed a quick horizontal strike with her right, then left. The blades hummed as they cut through the air. She paused for a moment, gathering strength. Her arms became a blur as the scythes met and passed each other in a scissor motion. A whirling, howling gale of wind shot out from the epicenter of the strike, ripping the grass out of the ground for 10 feet in front of her.
    In one swift motion she spun on one heel, blades extended. They left her hands, securely attached to their chains, and whipped around the wolf in a devastating arc, their speed creating a wind that buffeted the city wall. Mei brought her arms together and in a blur the scythes arced over her head and smashed blade-first into the ground 30 feet away with an ear-splitting crack.

A bead of sweat dampened Mei's brow. She was panting slightly and her hair was tousled. Hopefully they won't underestimate me on this journey. I am not one to be double-crossed.

With a flick of her wrist the scythes returned swiftly to her hands, leaving a large gouge in the earth in their wake. They were shimmering even brighter, seemingly excited. She walked to a nearby rock and sat down to recover what energy she expended. She smiled and her face softened again, relaxing.