Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    Viciviser
    Quintin growled as he was hefted off of Mei and then berated by Talix. He snapped his jaws angrily.
    "Grahh! Devilish eh? I'll show ya devil if'n ya lay yer mitts on me a'gin ramrod!"
    He jerked his shoulders trying to get loose. If Talix lets go when Mei orders it he takes an angry step back from the knight.
    "I ain' like my bastard father. He's the flea-bitten cur wat raped my mum. She rais'd me better so don't frikin' chastise me fer jus' helpin' calm a lady's terror."

When Mei burst into tears the dingo goes to console her despite Talix's warnings.
    "'Ey simmer the guff and the bawl, dear. Ya ain't hurt no one. An' ain't anyone dyin'. I bet a lady wit' power like yers must be troubled ta keep control. I ain't seein' a crime committed. But if'n the slammer's a kink fer ya then I c'n throw ya in fer a night. Ya know, jus' fer shits n' giggles."
    He said with a charming grin trying to play his guard status to distract her, maybe get a laugh, and keep her from being so wound up in her fears.
    Once at the camp grounds Quintin helped Mei down from the cart. But after that he kept mainly to himself unless he was approached. He didn't even follow Mei around like a lost puppy. He just watched the group set up camp and it began to sit in that he might not be sure what he got himself into. He glanced over at the dark ruins and seemed a little intimidated. Living in the city he had heard the stories. It was more of a reality being so close to the Pylonnosis Ruins.
    Last edited by Viciviser; 09-20-2015 at 01:31 AM.

Weasyl
    admirallupine
    Talix did not let go of Quintin, but his grip had loosened when Mei told him to release the guard, unsure what to do. This was enough for Quintin to break free on his own.

Talix glared at Quintin as he comforted Mei, but otherwise did not interfere as she was in distress. "I know what I saw," he thought, "I'll confront him later."

Once they arrived, Talix helped set up camp and pitched his tent that he had brought with him which was large enough for two people.
    "Eliizer, I figure since you're leading the group, you and I can share the tent," he suggested, "after I keep first watch of course."
    His tone was unusually serious rather than his typical warm, welcoming tone.

Weasyl
    N/A
    At the sound of Mei's screaming Antara nearly lost control of the cart. He watched the ensuing commotion over his shoulder, inwardly giggling at Talix and Quintin's pissing contest. Antara thought about comforting Mei but thought better of it. The last thing she needs is more people drawing attention to it and making her feel more embarrassed

Antara pulled his hood up high and continued steering the cart in silence. I wonder if she is ready for something like this, she is so young.

Talix and Quintin may just be arguing now but if this escalates much further It'll end in blood. If they were apprentices back at the college I'd have them polishing the floors till they were so tired they'd go celibate.

Once they arrived at camp Antara reached into his robe pocket. "Sapphire dust" he whispered pulling a small vial of blue powder out. Antara wandered about the edge of the clearing away from the others. Occasionally he sprinkled a pinch of dust here or there adding a weave of mana as he did so.

"That should at least provide some protection" Antara finally said out loud. Antara eyed the ruins entrance apprehensively. The scrolls had described the entrance as "ominous" but that seemed to now be an understatement.

Antara walked to the entrance and poured out the entire remainder of the vial, sowing the powder with the most powerful force wall spell he could muster with the small amount of energy he had left.

Antara returned to camp and lay in the back of the cart. Lucky the forest here is so healthy or I could be depleted for days.
    WHO STOLE MAH MUFFINS!

Weasyl
    admirallupine
    Once they arrived at camp Antara reached into his robe pocket. "Sapphire dust" he whispered pulling a small vial of blue powder out. Antara wandered about the edge of the clearing away from the others. Occasionally he sprinkled a pinch of dust here or there adding a weave of mana as he did so.

"That should at least provide some protection" Antara finally said out loud. Antara eyed the ruins entrance apprehensively. The scrolls had described the entrance as "ominous" but that seemed to now be an understatement.
    "Eh? What's that, some sort of repellent for monsters?"
    Talix asked while just finishing pitching his tent as the mage went around sprinkling the magical dust.
    He was feeling a bit peckish, he sat down in front of his tent and pulled out his trail rations and ate a couple hand-fulls.

Weasyl
    jedthedragon
    Just a few paces away from the campsite was a river that flowed toward the ruins. One could hide among the tall grass as the crickets and frogs chittered quietly to the sound of the stream. Krebbic had no need for those improvised "cloth-buildings" that the others put up; all the comfort that Krebbic would ever need was right there at the riverbank.

And oh boy, did he need his rest. After trying to keep pace with Eliizer and the moving cart, he arrived squatting with his hands on his knees and his maw wide open, trying to release the heat that was pent up in his body. The large crocodilian then lumbered toward the bank, and was tipping from side to side as he did. When his foot met the running water, he leaned forward a bit, and all his weight sent him crashing face-down towards the surface. He ended his little maneuver with all except his eyes, his nose, a bit of his back, and a bit of his tail submerged in the water.

Krebbic then made himself comfortable and opened his mouth, hoping to catch any stray fish that may wander in.
    Last edited by feraldraco; 09-20-2015 at 02:09 PM.
    I'm ready for roleplaying anytime! Just send me a PM in the main Weasyl site!

My profile pic was brought to me by Pandactyle on Weasyl!

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Talix View Post
    "Eh? What's that, some sort of repellent for monsters?"
    "Defensive barrier. Anything with malicious intent comes within ten paces of these and they won't be a problem anymore." Antara pauses for a moment before adding, "Its probably best you and Quintin don't argue too close to one of these..."
    WHO STOLE MAH MUFFINS!

Weasyl
    admirallupine
    Quote Originally Posted by erzyal View Post
    "Defensive barrier. Anything with malicious intent comes within ten paces of these and they won't be a problem anymore." Antara pauses for a moment before adding, "Its probably best you and Quintin don't argue too close to one of these..."
    "Hmph. So long as he stays focused on our mission, I shouldn't have to argue."
    A bit agitated now, he put away his rations and took his bag towards the riverbank where Krebbic was, "I'm going to relax for a few moments, maybe clear my head a bit. Call me when you all are ready for bed."
    He took off his shirt and scarf, revealing more of his exoskeleton body which looked very human-like anatomically: well-toned muscle, but instead of flesh, a very tough looking, gray, chitin-like substance. He now looked even more like a sentient suit of armor.
    He knelt over the river several feet behind Krebbic so he wouldn't get in his way and stuck his gauntlet looking hand in the water, it felt cool and refreshing. He took a rag out from his bag, soaked it, and began to wash his... helmet face.
    Last edited by Talix; 09-21-2015 at 11:43 AM.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Antara watched Talix only now realizing that his exoskeleton was not in fact a true suit of armor. Overtaken by curiosity Antara beat back more than a half a dozen questions which in hindsight may have been considered rude before finally walking over.

"Tell me Talix," Antara said joining Talix by the river, "I am not familiar with your people. From what lands do you hail?"

Antara took advantage of his proximity to the knight, studying his strange anatomy. It was rare to discover a creature he hadn't seen before, especially one he had never even heard of. Antara made several mental notes for his personal library.
    WHO STOLE MAH MUFFINS!

Weasyl
    admirallupine
    "Tell me Talix," Antara said joining Talix by the river, "I am not familiar with your people. From what lands do you hail?"
    "Hmm?" He muffled through his rag, unprepared for the question. He wrung out the water and stood up to answer the curious mage's questions.
    "Well, we knights, as we are called by others, normally reside in canyons and mountains, sometimes deserts and caves. I come from a particular canyon in the continent of Grandis where the large knight city known as Fortia is located. It's a beautiful sight to behold. Homes and facilities are built between, as well as inside the canyon walls. It faces the west, so we get a magnificent view of the sunset; it makes a sort of horseshoe shape, so we don't get to see most of the sunrise."
    He thought for a moment of what to say next.
    "Let's see, we're well known for our natural armor and resistance to poisons and disease. We're a hardy bunch!" he chuckled.
    "We believe in magical spirits of earth, fire, water, and wind. Earth being our main focus, and what we get in tune with easiest. Thus, knights have a knack for earthen magic, even at a young age. I, however," he continued with a rather embarrassed tone, "never practiced my abilities beyond the basics, so my magic isn't very impressive. Hm, is there anything else you want to know?"
    He didn't mind explaining his kind to Antara, and wondered if the mage wanted to know more.

[OOC: if you want another reference, this covers his physical appearance, and some background info about the race in the description: https://www.weasyl.com/character/49835/talix-ferro
    Also, on the first page of this thread is a picture of him drawn by a fellow artist by the name of Alibo.]
    Last edited by Talix; 09-21-2015 at 11:46 AM.

Weasyl
    N/A
    In the cart on the ride to camp, Mei was consoled by Quintin's kind gesture and remarks. She managed to stop the tears and even giggled at the mention of being thrown in prison as a kinky night. She set her paw on his knee, but stayed curled up the rest of the way, blocking out the stares from the other party members. Quintin seemed pleased enough to have wanted bodily contact from her. He had a grounding effect on her mind, so her paw remained.

They finally reached the camp and Quintin offered a hand to Mei to help her down. She stood up shakily and accepted. She was still very weak from fighting back the wild power that threatened to consume her. She walked to a nearby tree and sat down at it's base, hugging her knees to her chest.

From her tree, she watched the activity of the party with bleary eyes. Quintin seemed hurt after his bout with Talix; not physically hurt, but his pride. The mage set about the perimeter sprinkling something. She could feel the magic pulsing as he chanted spells. Krebbic splashed into the river and took a crocodile pose and Talix pitched a tent.

She sat for a whole longer, thinking of nothing in particular save for the colony of ants that nested nearby. She stood up and quietly walked to where Quintin was brooding. She sat next to him and began playing with her hair, twisting it around her finger and letting it slowly unwind. "Is there something on your mind, Quintin?" She asked, offering him the same kindness she was shown previously.

He seemed to be lost in thought as he didnt acknowledge that she had sat next to him or spoken. She gave him a few more minutes, then turned and poked him in the side. This seemed to snap him out of his concentration. "You know, we havent had a proper conversation yet, but you saved me from hurting myself and everyone else. I wanted to thank you for that." She leaned over and gave him a kiss on the cheek. She blushed deeply, but this was nothing compared to Quintin's response. "I heard what you said to Talix about your mother, she seems like a kind, sweet-hearted woman." She shifted positions again, hugging her knees up to her chest and moving her tail to cover what her skirt failed to. Her ears flattened again. "I don't tell many this, but my mother passed when i was still a young pup." Tears gathered in the corners of her big green eyes. "I never knew my father, my ma never liked to speak about him. I raised myself in the woods until my foster mother took me in and cared for me." She turned her head and looked up at Quintin. "I guess in at least one sense we are similar." She gave a wry smile to feign she wasn't upset for Quintin's sake. That was hard, but I feel I owe him at the very least that much... plus, he is starting to grow on me... a warm feeling spread throughout her and she tilted over, still holding her knees, and landed leaning against Quintin.
    Last edited by Mei; 09-21-2015 at 12:46 AM.