Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    admirallupine
    Quintin narrows his eyes at what Talix was saying.
    "Yer'n odd one ya know that? People livin' in tha city don't tend ta tell strangers what they think befittin' of others. I w's born and raised in Tynnes just outside of this here city of Alkester. Despite what my mates say, I'm not a skive. I'm a brilliant guard when anythin's going' south. I don't mind ya assumin' me addled in duty. But, be certain, my int'rest in Mei is cause she's beauty, strength, an' enchantin' all combined. I don't rush to a wench's side. Pardon me fallin' fer such a rarity."
    He said with some contempt. He looked at Talix's outstretched arm and begrudgingly took it.
    "Ain't keen on a we. But, figure there's jack all I can do 'bout it."
    "True, I normally don't get up-front with others like this."
    Talix wasn't very sure what else to say as Quintin was obviously annoyed with him and had full right to be, though when they shook hands, he nodded, "Well then, I look forward to seeing your brilliant display of swordsmanship when we need it."

Talix was the last to get into the cart and sat next to Quintin.

"Excuse the cross-ways about it, Mei. Some fellas like ta tout their severity like it's a badge. I'm jus' not that uptight 's all."
    Talix sighed.
    "Uptight?" That stung a little.

He keeps to himself unless spoken to for the whole ride, looking out at vast expanse of land around them.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Mei lifted her head to watch as the trees slowly rolled by. She went over the day's events in her head. I hope I haven't made a complete idiot of myself. She thought, frowning. Oh well. What's done is done. A particularly bright star caught her attention. She dropped her head back down onto her arm, tilting it slightly so she could stare at the bright fleck of light against a canvas of black. She slowly drifted off to sleep and began to dream of knights in shining armor, dingo guards, giant crocodilians, funnily-dressed rats, and oddly flesh-colored creatures she now knew as humans. She tossed slightly in her sleep and shifted positions, knees up against the side of the cart. Her short skirt managed to cover most everything. They ran over a small bump in the road, but this was enough to cause her left knee to fall back down while the right stayed up... right in front of Quintin.

Weasyl
    jedthedragon
    Quote Originally Posted by Viciviser View Post
    "Much frustration. Do not let it trip your feet. You are not an idiot by not knowing another tongue. If you desire, I can translate when you need. But now we will run. We must get to the 'old stone place.' Can your pace match the wheels?" He said in reptilian.
    [OOC: I worded things like that simply because a more tribal/primal language probably won't have the right words for some things and expressions of their own.]

The horned gecko actually felt somewhat bad for not saying more in Krebbic's native tongue. He was so used to the common tongue though that it was rare for him to even use the languages he grew up with.
    Krebbic had no idea that there were city people that knew how to speak Chota, let alone that shrivelly-looking little newt named Eliizer. Unfortunately, as valiant as Eliizer's efforts were, Krebbic continued to curse and berate himself. Even with no language barrier, it still seemed like the gecko was talking to a hulking, green and black wall with orange spots all over it.

In the midst of his ramblings, Krebbic suddenly shut up, incredulous of what poured out of his mouth.

A few minutes passed where there was only silence. In that time, Krebbic sat on the ground and looked into the horizon, taking quiet, steady breaths to try to bring himself back to earth. With a sigh, he responded back in his own language, "It took me long to see this, but I see it now. My feelings threw my head in a bone fire, and I was too slow to stop them. This can get me killed, and when I'm dead, everyone else will be. So I, Krebbic, cannot let that happen to me again!"

Krebbic then rose with Eliizer and walked along, ready for another attempt to adjust to the group. As the two did so, he said, "I didn't need you to speak a thousand reptile tongues to make me calm. Still, I am glad you can; I tried to learn common many times, but the words slip away from my head."

[OOC: If Krebbic ever says anything in italics, he is speaking in Chota, his native language; therefore, your character, except for Eliizer is not supposed to understand.]
    I'm ready for roleplaying anytime! Just send me a PM in the main Weasyl site!

My profile pic was brought to me by Pandactyle on Weasyl!

Weasyl
    admirallupine
    Talix, who had been deep in thought and looking out at the landscape before them, tiredly glanced over at Mei after hitting the bump in the road to see if she was still asleep when he noticed her new sleeping position.
    A bit embarrassed, but alert, he tilted his head down and watched from the corner of his eye to see if Quintin was about to make a move. Hoping that the dingo hadn't noticed that he was watching him...

Weasyl
    N/A
    The bumps and jostles of the road seemed to fade into white noise for Antara, leaving him to his thoughts. Occasionally he would peer at his fellows and ponder what it was that had brought them to this juncture in their lives.

The one called Quintin seems to have taken quite a liking to Mei. Ah, young love

Sir knight seems rather composed but judging by his reaction to Quintin I sense a love triangle :3

I worry about Krebbic and our fearless leader chittering in their lizard speak. Not being able to understand what they are saying might prove problematic in the future

I better watch out for Mei, she seems to have calmed now but I have a feeling she would as soon gut me as give me the time of day. Wild mage of some sort? Judging by the cloud of mana surrounding her. I better just let her sleep. Never wake a sleeping dog and such.

I wonder where that ratling got off to?

Elizer seems a capable enough sort, but I have to wonder at his motivations for collecting this group together. He obviously has amassed enough wealth to live in comfort for the rest of his days... I wonder then, what is so important in this dungeon as to so thoroughly drain his wallet for it?
    WHO STOLE MAH MUFFINS!

Weasyl
    N/A
    Mei began tossing and turning in her sleep, making muffled snarls and whimpers, eyes flicking back and forth underneath their lids.

The giant dragon reared back on it's hind legs and began buffeting the front line with a powerful hurricane of wind. Talix and Krebbic tried their best to brace against the impact, but it proved to be too strong for them. They were lifted off of their feet and cast against an old, dilapidated brick wall, which promptly disintegrated. Large bricks fell on top of them, knocking both unconscious. Mei's eyes widened in horror, witnessing the attack from the beast's left flank. Eliizer and Antara ran to their aid, providing cover while Quintin and Rashid attempted to pull the fallen from the rubble. Frostfire bolts rained down upon the dragon, provided from Antara while Eliizer provided a barrier against the wind with his large shield.

Mei bolted forwards and slung her scythes in a wide vertical arc, landing a blow deep into the small of the beast's back. She focused her strength and called her own gust of wind as she leapt towards her target to aid in the incredible distance of the jump. She landed softly on one of the giant's back spikes. An ear-shattering, disorienting guttural roar emanated from deep within the dragon. Mei was thrown off balance and before she could right herself, the dragon had spun in a lightning-fast semi-circle and flung her off of it's back. She landed amongst the rubble, unable to move. The dragon reared again on it's hind legs, easily ignoring Antara's onslaught, and breathed deeply. Eliizer's own shout of retreat was drowned out by another roar as poisonous gas encompassed the party...

Mei bolted upright in the cart with a scream, scythes in hand, eyes glowing with a power she only resorted to when death was near. A whirlwind kicked up around the entire party, seemingly attempting to blow away the unseen threat. Her breathing was short and rapid, eyes wide, and her hair seemed to float from the power emanating from deep inside of her. Suddenly, a heavy body was on top of her, trying to calm her down. "It's ok, it was just a night terror!" The body said.

Realization flowed through her at the sound of the voice and the whirlwind vanished as quickly as it appeared, leaving swirls of dust and leaves in its wake. Her breathing slowed slightly, and she looked up at the source of the voice with wide glowing eyes...

Weasyl
    Viciviser
    Quote Originally Posted by feraldraco View Post
    A few minutes passed where there was only silence. In that time, Krebbic sat on the ground and looked into the horizon, taking quiet, steady breaths to try to bring himself back to earth. With a sigh, he responded back in his own language, "It took me long to see this, but I see it now. My feelings threw my head in a bone fire, and I was too slow to stop them. This can get me killed, and when I'm dead, everyone else will be. So I, Krebbic, cannot let that happen to me again!"

Krebbic then rose with Eliizer and walked along, ready for another attempt to adjust to the group. As the two did so, he said, "I didn't need you to speak a thousand reptile tongues to make me calm. Still, I am glad you can; I tried to learn common many times, but the words slip away from my head."
    [OOC: Eh, sorry for the wait. Been trying to get my thoughts in order.]

Eliizer sat next to Krebbic for a moment as the larger reptile spoke.
    "My respect to you is why I did as much. No fear, brother. You are strong in body. Be strong in mind." He comforted in the language similar to Chota once they began to walk, and then into a quick trot to match speed with the cart.
    __________________________________________________ _________

Quintin made a small frown as Talix ended up sitting right beside him, but he did not say anything. He ended up watching Mei as she slumbered. She seemed to be sleeping restlessly. There was a point where her skirt drew up to be a bit revealing. His eyes trailed down a moment before he realized. With a blush he used the butt of his sword sheath in one quick motion to adjust her skirt to cover her modestly again. He did not look to Talix or the Antara to see if they noticed. He just sat there with his jaw gritted in embarrassment.
    If I'm gonna see her nethers it'll be 'cause she lets me. He thought. Of course it had been tempting to get a peek.

He jolted back to attention when Mei started twitching and snarling in her sleep.
    "'Ey, miss, ye 'avin a bad dream?"
    The dingo was startled as winds kicked up in the cart. He nearly lost his balance and fell out but he was able to catch his hand behind him to steady himself. The winds were still swirling though so he purposely fell forward to land on top of her.
    "It's ok, it w's justa night terror!" He shouted, not knowing what else to say.

Her glowing eyes made him blink rapidly not knowing if he was seeing things right or if he had fallen asleep himself.
    "Geez, Mei, ya got a wild spirit ya do. Save that for combat, a'right?"
    He said with an impressed grin and a chuckle.
    __________________________________________________ ______
    Eliizer shouted for Krebbic to move as he raised his shoulders and sidestepped away from the cart. The wind gusts had taken him off-guard. He reached under his shield and brought out a strange sword at the ready. It is leaf-shaped and has two other little blades jutting from the top of the hilt. The haft and hilt are large and cross-shaped. When he heard Quintin shout the gecko blushed a shade darker. It had just been Mei having a bad dream. He re-holstered his sword sheepishly.

"Look, we're almost to our camp site. Let's sleep when we're there." He said with a chuckle to try to cover his embarrassment.

[OOC: People can post reactions of course]

Once they are within view of the ruins, Eliizer has them stop at a clearing. It was obvious the area had been used as a camp site many times before. Likely other adventurers doing the same thing: resting up before entering the ruins.
    The ruins themselves are hard to make out other than shapes and silhouettes in the dark. It is easy to make out that there is a huge gate standing and a ovular shaped stone with a swirl into its center in front of the gate just putting out of the ground. It seemed to be larger than Krebbic and the gate itself looked like it could let a whole carriage and team of horses through. There are walls, but many of them eventually angle downward and disappear into the rock face.

"I need a moment to find a contact of mine. He should be scouting in the area. I'll be back soon after I let him know we're here." He relayed to them before he began to walk off.
    "Everyone just set up camp. I won't be long."
    Last edited by Viciviser; 09-19-2015 at 03:51 PM.

Weasyl
    admirallupine
    His eyes trailed down a moment before he realized. With a blush he used the butt of his sword sheath in one quick motion to adjust her skirt to cover her modestly again. He did not look to Talix or the Antara to see if they noticed. He just sat there with his jaw gritted in embarrassment.
    If I'm gonna see her nethers it'll be 'cause she lets me. He thought. Of course it had been tempting to get a peek.
    Talix's heart skipped a beat as Quintin swiftly moved with his sword, but calmed down a little as it was only meant to move Mei's skirt down. He was thankful he didn't quite have the reflexes to act at the moment, otherwise he and the guardsman would have made an unpleasant scene, however...

He was almost fully recovered from being tense when Mei suddenly awoke with a yell and a gust of wind shook the cart.
    Now fully alert, he watched as Quintin fell on top of her. "That fall was an act. That little deviant."
    "I can see through your devilish acts, Quintin. You aren't fooling anyone."
    Before Mei could respond, he got up and pulled the guard off her, turned him so they were face-to-face, and held him tightly by the shoulders. His expression was filled with defiance and disgust. He didn't quite want to cause harm, but he did not want that to show. His main intention is to threaten.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Mei stopped hyperventialting when Talix pulled Quintin off of her, but it was his intervention that had saved her mind and body from being consumed by the primal power that coursed through her. She stood up shakily and blinked once, eyes still glowing. "Please let him go, Talix. He didn't mean any harm, Slshe said. Her voice was no longer playful and carefree, it had an air of authority behind it. This was how she transformed while in battle. She closed her eyes and focused deeply. She shuddered a bit from the effort it took, but when she opened her eyes again the glow was gone. She collapsed where she stood in the cart.

Her breathing became rapid again and she curled up in a ball, tears streaming down her face. "Im so sorry!! I didnt hurt anyone, did i?" she sobbed. "That hasn't happened in a long time, Im so sorry! We were all dying," she continued, speakig rapidly, "in my nightmare, i mean. My mind took control. I can usually control the power if I'm awake, but if im asleep... you saw what happens." She burst into tears again.
    Last edited by Mei; 09-19-2015 at 06:30 PM.

Weasyl
    Jaredthefox92
    (Sorry I'm late)
    Soon Rashid arrives on the back of Hassan with what appears to be provisions and camping equipment.