Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast
    Weasyl
    N/A
    Antara grumbled a bit at Krebbics order but understood that manners came with an understanding of the language. Antara swiftly strode straight up to Krebbic and with a smirk, snapped his fingers and made the light glow red like the others. Antar then resumed his place in the formation and said, "All set" quietly.
    WHO STOLE MAH MUFFINS!

Weasyl
    N/A
    Mei stopped behind the others, still listening intently, waiting.

Weasyl
    jedthedragon
    Antara grumbled a bit at Krebbic's order, but understood that manners came with an understanding of the language. Antara swiftly strode straight up to Krebbic and, with a smirk, snapped his fingers and made the light glow red like the others. Antara then resumed his place in the formation and said, "All set," quietly.
    Krebbic noticed the sour look that Antara gave him. That wasn't meant to be rude at all; he just didn't know how to say the human's name. "Sorry. Antara?"

Krebbic didn't know whether he got that right or not. Either way, he just decided to call him that and get back to work.

After about 25 large stone steps the group found themselves finally at ground level, smooth and finely crafted stones met to form a fine floor. Sections of it even still somehow had some of the sealant remaining giving the floor a spotty, polished-to-worn look in many places. A pattern could be seen but it was obviously more decorative than anything functional.

Standing on the floor the group will feel something disorienting to a specific sense. As if... it is hard to tell one's location very well. Nothing causing vertigo or a sense of real imbalance, but more so a subtle effect on one's ability to say where one is or where one has been, and the sense of North, East, South, and West seems... off. It is hard to perceive and might avoid notice for a while.
    When Krebbic made the first step onto the stone floor, a nagging feeling started to develop in his brain. It was strange, but he paid no mind as he advanced further to take in the empty surroundings. With his trusty, magical fireball to help him see things better, he looked around the room to find the center, where he and the team could hopefully band together and drive any enemies to a corner and make it easier to land the killing blow.

While trying to make his plan of defense, Krebbic turned around much more frequently than usual. If one looked closely, it seemed like he didn't know his left from his right. The crocodile did seem to be a bit dim at times, especially in language, but it wasn't natural for a hardened tribal warrior such as Krebbic to even get his sense of direction right, let alone fare well in combat.
    I'm ready for roleplaying anytime! Just send me a PM in the main Weasyl site!

My profile pic was brought to me by Pandactyle on Weasyl!

Weasyl
    Viciviser
    Eliizer suppressed a snicker at Krebbic's reaction to the bright light, let alone his and Antara's exchange.
    "Good. Now that's dealt with..." He said with a grin and turned around to keep moving but Talix spoke up, asking about the denizens of these ruins.

"It's hard to say." Eliizer said as he looked over his shoulder to the Knight.

"I avoided many of them by staying on the walls and ceiling. I can say most are diminutive. Goblins most likely considering their aggressive movements and bad smell. But I have come across some other races, also small, that act and move differently. Also, deeper down, there are some very foreign-looking cave creatures. Some normal animals, but they are white and have beady eyes or are eyeless."

As he finished explaining he faced their path and walked forward ahead of Krebbic and Talix. The wide pathway ahead had an arched area with many sets of pillars lined very close together. Eliizer gave the signal to stop again and he quickly, expertly, jumped onto and climbed up the left pillar a little ways. He reached to his light orb with all five fingers spread out and it came closer, then he waved it on and it flew upward. Some words in an ancient text were illuminated further to their left.
    "Alright, Rashid. Tell me... what does this passage say?"

Weasyl
    admirallupine
    "I avoided many of them by staying on the walls and ceiling. I can say most are diminutive. Goblins most likely considering their aggressive movements and bad smell. But I have come across some other races, also small, that act and move differently. Also, deeper down, there are some very foreign-looking cave creatures. Some normal animals, but they are white and have beady eyes or are eyeless."
    "Ah, good. Shouldn't be too much trouble then, eh?"
    Talix seemed a bit relieved, though also looked as though he wanted to say something else.

He positioned himself to be an equal distance between Krebbic and Eliizer, which might put him a bit ahead, which may or may not possibly be close to breaking formation.
    He still had his hand ready to draw his sword at a moment's notice.
    Last edited by Talix; 10-20-2015 at 10:58 AM.

Weasyl
    Viciviser
    There was a long pause from the merchant rat as he peered up and Eliizer looked down questioningly. It was apparent Rashid was having trouble reading it. Between the red hue and how high up it was in this pervasive darkness it might not be very legible despite its decent condition. The lettering even still had its enamel and had a glossy sheen that had barely been dulled.

"It's alright, this one, I've been told, is easier to translate, but I admit it is hard to see."
    He said and he turned a 180 to scramble back down the column. The gecko then took out a long roll of parchment and pointed to a spot as he read it, "Luckily for us, those brave enough to test these ruins in the past have logged some translations and tricks. We will be able to get passed many of the first traps due to this information."

He looked to everyone as he spoke again.
    "It translates, 'Do not believe only what is seen. There are many layers in this world. Even in stone.'"
    With that he rolled it back up and pocketed the parchment that would make their journey so much easier for now.

Eliizer knew there might be questions so he just turned on his heel quickly and walked further to the left. He reached forward, touching the wall and then hooked his arm to the left and it disappeared. He turned a hidden switch and an area past the columns began to whir as if something was being drawn up. He leaned in, his head and upper body disappearing while his red light orb followed him. There was a glow now behind and it was evident that there was simply an opening behind this wall, set in such a way to not be visible unless you were right up against the wall. The gecko grunted as he pulled another switch, this one being much larger, and there was a rumbling under the floor ahead.

Eliizer pulled out and looked back at the others.
    "So... thanks to this, we have avoided a gigantic double guillotine and a blast of fire from three sides."
    He explained and then motioned everyone to follow him past the columns.
    "Quickly now. These reset within about 3 minutes. We don't want to be standing around."

As they follow he explains one more detail.
    "This is why I was not worried about monsters coming out of the ruins. This hall ahead is the only known exit at entry level. Monsters would have to come through this deadly hall and somehow open the giant doors. So from this point on stay on your guard."
    As soon as he finished speaking he hunched his shoulders, reached behind him into the hollow of his shield and drew his sword. He did not take up his shield though.

Further inside, the group will find themselves going down a columned hall. There are no trap mechanisms visible. If anything it seem very austere and not like a place which would be littered with deadly devises. Around the columns the walls are well-spaced and smooth, but it is not nearly as wide as the entrance area. There will be dried pools of blood and even a lingering, old smell of burnt flesh. Oddly enough there will be no bodies excepting that of the mouse that Antara had sent in, if he spots it. It will be cut in half, but there will be no visible seems on the ground where it was cut. The columns and walls are not made of a semi-precious stone, to those that would know it is limestone. After the hall the area will open up once again. This second opening will be many times larger than the first (the first being more of an antechamber) and it will be hard to tell how far it goes in any one direction other than the walls behind them. There will be an ever faint smell of greenery but this will only be perceptible to creatures of heightened scent like Mei and Quintin.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Antara felt ill as they walked past the mouse corpse. It was not the gore which turned his stomach on end but rather the little black orb floating just above it. Unlike the blue mana which came from life and bobbed happily about the black mana was still and ominous. From his observations Antara had learned that black mana would not simply evaporate as its counterpart did. Should it go undisturbed it would stand there for centuries waiting for some scavenger or other being to touch it. Then pass seamlessly into their body. Antara had never noted a reaction from it but wondered if there was some sinister outcome of being around too much of it.

His own body remembered the feel of it, the rush of power, the sensation of being as a god made flesh! Antara quelled the thought quickly. That power came with a price, his sanity and maybe even his soul could be lost to him forever. As if a great weight was removed from him Antara sighed deeply once the rodent had left his sight.
    WHO STOLE MAH MUFFINS!

Weasyl
    admirallupine
    The gecko then took out a long roll of parchment and pointed to a spot as he read it, "Luckily for us, those brave enough to test these ruins in the past have logged some translations and tricks. We will be able to get passed many of the first traps due to this information."

He looked to everyone as he spoke again.
    "It translates, 'Do not believe only what is seen. There are many layers in this world. Even in stone.'"
    With that he rolled it back up and pocketed the parchment that would make their journey so much easier for now.

Eliizer knew there might be questions so he just turned on his heel quickly and walked further to the left.
    "Has he always had this parchment? Then, why did...?" Talix didn't have much time to think, as Eliizer was already moving forward. He was skeptical at first, but was then distracted as he was admiring the gecko's ability to disarm the upcoming traps.
    "Wow, Eliizer, you're a natural at this!" the knight complimented as the group hurried on, heeding Eliizer's warning about the traps resetting.

As they follow he explains one more detail.
    "This is why I was not worried about monsters coming out of the ruins. This hall ahead is the only known exit at entry level. Monsters would have to come through this deadly hall and somehow open the giant doors. So from this point on stay on your guard."
    As soon as he finished speaking he hunched his shoulders, reached behind him into the hollow of his shield and drew his sword. He did not take up his shield though.
    Talix nodded, his morale curiously higher than before, "Nothing we all can't handle."
    He too drew his sword, and kept his shield raised. He was still slightly ahead of Krebbic following behind Eliizer, keeping a careful watch ahead. The smell of death didn't shake him in the slightest.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Mei raised her eyebrows when Eliizer pulled the parchment out and read the first passage, but said nothing. She was too focused on the stink of death wafting from somewhere near. Eliizer slipped behind the passage and explained their time limit. She hurried behind the others, padding gingerly, expecting to set off a trap.

The stink of burned flesh and blood hit Mei like a brick to the face as they entered the columned hall. She fouht back the gag reflex that threatened to overcome her senses. She was accustomed to death, but time and a lack of aeration amplified the potency of the stink to her sensitive nose. She carefully stepped around the pools of blood and drew her weapons. In between the stink of death, she smelled a faint aroma of leaves. This caught her off guard and she shook her head, purging her nose to take another smell. Sure enough, she wasnt mistaken. "Leaves? Here?" She said softly.

Weasyl
    jedthedragon
    Those pockets of Eliizer's, there was no end to what that gecko could be pulling out next! Not that Krebbic ever paid attention to that sort of thing; what was more important was that some traps were delayed, and it looked like the rest of the group had to hurry because it seemed that those traps were going to reset themselves sometime soon. So as Eliizer and Talix ran for the exit, Krebbic followed suit, observing that there was the smell of dead meat. He looked toward the entrance to the ruin, his stomach grumbling almost audibly, but not quite. Aside from the few fish from the river, and those rabbits Mei so kindly hunted down for him, he had forgotten to eat anything else. And no, he did not trust that burnt, mangled "jerky" that Eliizer had.
    Last edited by feraldraco; 10-24-2015 at 09:19 PM.
    I'm ready for roleplaying anytime! Just send me a PM in the main Weasyl site!

My profile pic was brought to me by Pandactyle on Weasyl!