Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    Viciviser
    Eliizer marked Rashid's map before he left.

The gecko could understand part of why Talix did not want Quintin along, but the Knight did not seem to be realizing why he was needed either by what he was saying to Pyriam.
    "Whoa, whoa. Talix, Pyriam is accepting that he can't control everything Quintin does. I am accepting that Quintin can hang back to defend Rashid while the rest of us can focus on any battle without fear of our linguist getting killed. If I thought we'd be fine without him then I wouldn't have allowed him to accompany us. I've been a bodyguard before. It is hard to do more than protect one person from combat reaching them, especially if they're ever targeted. Quintin looses our hands from that task... If he proves competent."

Eliizer nodded at what Talix said about rest. "We don't have to be up as the sun rises. We can still rest a few hours more. As for the ruins, very little goes in or comes out. The chance is slim of our watch having to take out more than one simple, wayward creature all night. So do not fret."

Weasyl
    N/A
    "That newt over there... I don't get how he's runnin' the show. Ya got history wit' any of these fellas? Where ya headed anyhow?"
    "I've only just met them, actually. I was listening in to Eliizer, Talix, and Krebbic talking at the tavern. Eliizer is the 'newt', as you called him, Talix is the grey knight, and Krebbic is the quiet one." She pointed to each as she said their names. "Eliizer had posted a notice looking for more adventurers to travel to the ruins. Things happened, and I ended up joining their group!" She ended hastily, truncating the embarrassing events.

"As far as Eliizer leading, he seems to know what he is doing." Mei shrugged in response. "He's been to these ruins before, so he seems to be the logical choice as a leader." She glanced over her shoulder quickly at the others, judging their distance. She decided that they were far enough away, as they were talking to Pyriam. She leaned in so Quintin's head was an inch from hers. "At least he claims he has.. I'm not so sure I trust him fully yet, I keep getting this weird feeling in my tummy... that stays between you and I. Talix seems okay though, he has already gotten me out of a sticky situation at the tavern, and I've only known him for a few hours! Krebbic... well, I can't say much, as he doesn't say much." She straightened her back again and put her paws on her hips. "Maybe I'm just being silly. I'm not so good at reading others most of the time. Only if they are angry or concerned." She flipped her hair back over her shoulder and began to braid it again, leaving some to hang in the front. The others approached her location, coming back into earshot. "I try not to think too hard," she sighed, "life is too short, have fun while you can!" She finished braiding her hair and flashed a big smile towards Quintin.

________

"Nothing to wait on now. Let us go. We'll head west down the marked path. It will be about 4 hours if we travel fast. We won't break until we reach the ruins."
    Mei nodded in response and checked all of her gear and pockets quickly to make sure that she still had everything she had come with. "What a beautiful evening." She took one last deep breath of the cool night air and took the lead, anxious to leave the city far behind.

Weasyl
    Jaredthefox92
    Rashid then got back unto Hassan and with a "yah!" he mushed his horse off to store away his earnings in unknown location and stock up on items for the trip. Soon his steed faded out of eyesight as he mushed off into the distance.

Weasyl
    admirallupine
    The gecko could understand part of why Talix did not want Quintin along, but the Knight did not seem to be realizing why he was needed either by what he was saying to Pyriam.
    "Whoa, whoa. Talix, Pyriam is accepting that he can't control everything Quintin does. I am accepting that Quintin can hang back to defend Rashid while the rest of us can focus on any battle without fear of our linguist getting killed. If I thought we'd be fine without him then I wouldn't have allowed him to accompany us. I've been a bodyguard before. It is hard to do more than protect one person from combat reaching them, especially if they're ever targeted. Quintin looses our hands from that task... If he proves competent."
    "I... alright," Talix stammered with a defeated tone, "sorry, I don't mean to question your judgement, I'm just not..."
    He looked over at Quintin who was talking with Mei.
    "He must have really irked me for me to be protesting to Eliizer like this," he thought, "that was no way for a town guard to act. But if I continue to let this bother me... yes, I must drop the matter for now."
    "...particularly fond of him," he finished slowly.
    "Err, however your decisions come first. I understand why he must come along."

Eliizer nodded at what Talix said about rest. "We don't have to be up as the sun rises. We can still rest a few hours more. As for the ruins, very little goes in or comes out. The chance is slim of our watch having to take out more than one simple, wayward creature all night. So do not fret."
    "Ah, I see," Talix replied, "well then, I'll be keeping first watch after all. You don't suppose Quintin would mind taking second?"

Weasyl
    N/A
    A crimson robed mage comes down the path, riding in the back of an old wooden cart being pulled my a mule. The mage stops his cart next to the party. "Are you adventurers?" the mage asks.

The party nods (I assume that at least one does)

"I was just heading into town looking for employment when I saw you all on the march. If it would not be too much of an imposition may I join you on your quest? You seem to be armed for bear and a powerful magic user such as myself could be of much aid in your travels."

The mage hops from the back of the cart, " I am Antara and this..." he pats the mules head, "is Raisins!"

- - - Updated - - -

"I SHALL TAKE YOUR BLANK STARES AS A YES!", Antara cheers pointing toward the horizon
    "where are we going my new friends?
    WHO STOLE MAH MUFFINS!

Weasyl
    N/A
    As soon as she took her first step, a cart appeared in the distance. "It seems like a busy night tonight," Mei said softly to herself. An unfamiliar scent wafted on the breeze towards her and caught her attention. Her ears perked up and she strained to see the figure at such a distance in the moonlight. "What... what kind of smell IS that?"

As the cart approached the group, Mei felt something she rarely encountered; an inexplicable presence pushing itself against her consciousness. Her hair stood on end and her tail bristled. Whatever it is, it feels like it can use magic...

The cart came to a stop and a flesh-colored being in a crimson robe hopped down. Mei quickly sensed the mule pulling the cart; it seemed relaxed and felt it was in no immediate danger. She let her muscles relax. Her ears folded back and she unconsciously clutched her tail, on guard should the creature prove to be hostile.

Weasyl
    jedthedragon
    Quote Originally Posted by Mei View Post
    "I've only just met them, actually. I was listening in to Eliizer, Talix, and Krebbic talking at the tavern. Eliizer is the 'newt', as you called him, Talix is the grey knight, and Krebbic is the quiet one."

"Krebbic... well, I can't say much, as he doesn't say much."
    Krebbic laughed at these observations of Mei's, because he didn't hear the word "crocodile". His plan for staying in the background was running along just fine; it helped quite a bit in keeping him from looking like a dumb, backwards swamp-hick. Then, he figured, if he's going to have to get along better with all these foreigners from a place he doesn't call home, he may as well divulge a bit more information about himself. With a sigh, he began speaking for the first time in ages.

"I... come north," Krebbic tried to say. "My... the Chota people are... sick, and..."

Okay, what he was trying to say was that he came from the swamplands from north of the city, as a member of the reptilian jungle nomads called the Chota. What one could get at this point is that there is some type of disease killing them off. What that disease is exactly is currently up in the air.

That pitiful attempt at the common language left him a bit flustered. He growled in a guttural-sounding tongue, presumably cursing, and cracked his fists as he retreated a few steps away from the group to try and recover from his embarrassment. As a result, he is now a few hundred feet away, trying to keep himself from snapping at anybody.
    Last edited by feraldraco; 09-15-2015 at 08:09 PM.
    I'm ready for roleplaying anytime! Just send me a PM in the main Weasyl site!

My profile pic was brought to me by Pandactyle on Weasyl!

Weasyl
    admirallupine
    That pitiful attempt at the common language left him a bit flustered. He growled in a guttural-sounding tongue, presumably cursing, and cracked his fists as he retreated a few steps away from the group to try and recover from his embarrassment. As a result, he is now a few hundred feet away, trying to keep himself from snapping at anybody.
    "Err, are you alright?"
    Talix asked, chuckling a bit as he did so.

As soon as she took her first step, a cart appeared in the distance. "It seems like a busy night tonight," Mei said softly to herself. An unfamiliar scent wafted on the breeze towards her and caught her attention. Her ears perked up and she strained to see the figure at such a distance in the moonlight. "What... what kind of smell IS that?"
    Seeing Antara finally pull up to the group and introduce himself, Talix responds to Mei and her cautious look with, "That, is a human, Mei."
    "Has she never seen one before?" he thought, "she sure welcomed me without trouble back at the bar."
    "Ah, hello there, Antara," greeted Talix as he turned his attention back to the mage, "hmm perhaps you'll want to speak with Eliizer about that."
    He gestures towards Eliizer.

[OOC: "She sure welcomed me without trouble back at the bar." is meant to be read as in: knights are probably less common around these parts. There would probably be a continent that would be more populated by them elsewhere.]
    Last edited by Talix; 04-08-2016 at 11:25 PM.

Weasyl
    N/A
    "Thank you very much sir knight, I shall speak to him immediately."

"Well" Antara said walking up to Elizer, "I see that you are clearly the groupleader. Do you have any objections to me joining you band of merry...," Antara glances briefly at the snarling Mei, "...men?"
    WHO STOLE MAH MUFFINS!

Weasyl
    Viciviser
    Eliizer gave a small, wry chuckle.
    "Fond of him? Ha heh-heh! Do you think my fondness for any of you factors in to this group's composition? This band of swords-for-hire serves a purpose. Nothing more, nothing less. And Quintin being a night watchman should be a good choice for second watch. Should he object he can stay with the camp."
    A cart rolls up to them before they can start their journey. Eliizer blinks and there is indeed a blank stare on his face as this newcomer tries to invite himself on their venture. Talix redirects the human to the gecko.
    What is it this night? I sit on my tail for so long waiting for a reply to my job proposition for weeks and now, in one night, anyone who walks up wants to be part of this? He thought incredulously.
    "Do you even know where we are going? Is it common for you to buddy up to a bunch of strangers whom you know not one thing about, Antara? I don't see why we need your services. Mei seems to be a powerful enough elementalist on her own."
    He said, letting his skepticism get to him at this point.