Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    admirallupine
    "Oh, alright then." says Talix, after Eliizer mentions that he has his own light source that are safer than torches. He almost felt silly for even suggesting the torches.

Watching as the events are playing out between Mei and the guard, Talix looks back at Eliizer and Krebbic, gesturing his head at the scene with a very distinct "are-you-seeing-this-right-now?" look.
    "Oh please." he sighs as the guard offered to be Mei's bodyguard.
    The urge to interfere was strong, but he managed to hold his tongue. He sighs again, and starts rolling a pebble under his boot, looking a tad annoyed.
    Last edited by Talix; 09-12-2015 at 03:08 PM.

Weasyl
    Jaredthefox92
    Rashid took the bars and handed Elizer the potions. Then he looked through his supplies and took out what appeared to be a javelin that apparently was way too big for him to wield himself.
    "Such as this? It is a fire javelin, my clan has used them before.Careful when chanting around them, the correct words will set it ablaze!Though only at the tip."

Rashid listened to the man's talk of a quest and was most intrigued, perhaps he would tag along to suit his best interests.
    "By the way, I am good at translating ancient dialects and breaking into things. Perhaps I maybe of assistance to you on your quest? I may give discounts to you if we divide up the spoils."
    Last edited by Jaredthefox92; 09-12-2015 at 10:54 AM.

Weasyl
    Viciviser
    [OOC: Working on a post right now. Glad people waited on me. Been an interesting weekend so far IRL.]

- - - Updated - - -

Eliizer eyed the spear with a gleam in his eye. "That'll do nicely. Is this burned up after one powerful attack? If so, I'd say around 350 gold. If it's reusable I'd say... around 2,500 gold? I won't undersell you. Don't really have the time to haggle."
    He said in hopes his appraising skills were still on mark in this instance.

The gecko looked at Rashid, sizing the rat up. He had been paying just enough attention to notice Quintin the guard pleading to go with Mei. Who wouldn't have noticed that scene at this point?
    "Rashid... we're going somewhere incredibly dangerous... but I am in need of a translator. If you can read the writing there then we can avoid most of the traps that are still active. It would most likely save the lives of my conscripts here. I can avoid most traps on my own, but others can't climb walls or squeeze through areas as I can."
    He glanced back at Quintin, "You however, shouldn't you stick to your post? Won't you forfeit your livelihood if you leave?"
    Eliizer gave a wry grin at Talix, noticing how annoyed he was by this impressionable guard.

Quintin stood up quickly and yelled over to the owl woman on the wall.
    "'Ey! Mara! You an' Pyriam c'n cope wit'out me tanight eh?"

The owl woman poked her head out of the rampart again, "Oi, all's well. Won't even notice ya missin' wit' 'ow much ya slack off."

Pyriam on the other hand looked pissed, "INSIGNIFIC'NT INGRATE! Bugger all's well! Ya do piss poor work an' ya think ya can jus' take off? Yer head mus' be switched witch'yer crotch, lad."

"Fie on ya! Pyriam, ya know we c'n cover this gate." Mara shouted down.
    Pyriam grunted and crossed his arms.

"Do whatch' yer cock desires, Quin. Jus' don't 'xpect a pissmire (piss-ant) like yerself ta protect any'n. Yer gonna get yerself killed."

Quintin turned back to Mei and Eliizer, "See? Begrudgin'r not they won' hurt by my absence, sir."

Eliizer just shook his head while rolling his eyes and gave a shrug, "Fine by me. Come along. But you focus on protecting Rashid first, Mei secondly, and I won't mind the extra body."
    He said with a hard stare on how serious he was on that condition.

The dingo dropped down on his knee to Mei again, "Stars are aligning' Mei! It's destined! I jus' need ya ta give me yer approval."

Weasyl
    N/A
    [OOC: i hope everything is ok, Viciviser :< ]

Mei snickered at Pyriam's reaction, since thinking with his cock was exactly what Quintin was doing.

She had recovered from her initial embarrassment and flattery by this time, and her mood was starting to turn playful again. She took Quintin's hands in her paws and pulled him to his feet. "I would have it no other way..." she said in a silky, seductive tone. She turned away, brushing her tail along his arm and crotch as she did so, suppressing a giggle.

She walked back out to her rock and stood there, taking long, deep nreaths, filling her lungs with the cool, crisp night air. She turned back towards the group, one paw on her hip. "Well, what are we waiting for?"
    Last edited by Mei; 09-13-2015 at 01:25 PM.

Weasyl
    Jaredthefox92
    "Yes, the spear itself is metal with runes engraved into it. It is reusable, IF you can retrieve it that is.However like every other spear it will eventually break with each successive use." Rashid replied.

"Ah, well being a rat I am small and quite maneuverable as well. I would be useful in either case." Rashid replied back to the gecko as he quickly started to pack up most of his wares, savor the spear.

"Tell me a meeting place and I shall join you all once I store my earnings and bring better supplies for this journey." The rat said.

Weasyl
    admirallupine
    Talix was a tad shocked that Eliizer gave the guard the 'okay' to join them. He had just began to protest, but once again stopped himself before any harm could be done. He let out another deep sigh, but kept to himself for the most part. What he had to say would undoubtedly make a few of the team members very upset.
    "Fine then," Talix said while keeping his tone as neutral as possible, "I'm ready whenever everyone else is."

Weasyl
    jedthedragon
    Krebbic, unfortunately did not know how to handle that ruckus with Mei, so he was a bit too late to even start trying. He grunted in disappointment, and when all was said and done, he grumbled, "Yes."
    Last edited by feraldraco; 09-15-2015 at 01:35 AM.
    I'm ready for roleplaying anytime! Just send me a PM in the main Weasyl site!

My profile pic was brought to me by Pandactyle on Weasyl!

Weasyl
    Viciviser
    Quote Originally Posted by Mei View Post
    [OOC: i hope everything is ok, Viciviser :< ]
    [OOC: I'm fine. It was a positive interesting for most of the weekend. Something happened that kinda soured it a bit, but I'm really happy with how social I was and got to hang out with friends like I've been wanting to so badly.]

[Also the time in-game is around 11pm now. So despite all the talking and such it's not all that late.]

Quintin kissed her paws once before she turned. His tail was wagging furiously. But when she brushed her tail up against him he went stock still and blushed. He recovered from the shock after a moment and then excitedly ran after her as she walked through the gate back out to her rock.
    "F'r a wolf ye'r a right vixen you is. I'm jus' a giddy kipper that ye fancy me." He said while enthusiastically looking her over.
    "That newt over there... I don't get how he's runnin' the show. Ya got history wit' any of these fellas? Where ya headed anyhow?"

He looked at Quintin and back to Rashid, "This venture is a deadly one. I will do everything I can to make sure you stay alive, but do the same for yourselves and for me. If you are faint of heart do not put us in more danger. Rashid, I will only depend on you for translating and providing items should desperation call for it. If you can wield that sword well enough then take up arms if you feel it necessary. But I won't mind if you stay back and let us protect you. Quintin, you will follow my orders at all times. Don't let your infatuation with Mei make you jeopardize us."

"I won't, SIR!" Quintin shouted as he gave a salute by thumping his right fist against his chest.

With that the gecko addressed Rashid again, "Meet us near the ruins of Pylonnosis. They are well known and avoided. But I can mark on your map the area we'll set camp. I trust with your horse you'll reach us before we turn in for the night."

He then looked to Talix and Krebbic speaking to them low enough that the other guards, Quintin, and Mei should not be able to hear.
    "I appreciate your patience. I get that our grouping might not be ideal at this point. But I allowed Quintin to accompany solely on account of Rashid offering his services. If he becomes unable to translate for us then we'll lose a great asset that came to us out of the blue. I tried to hire linguists before but none of them will venture into the Pylonnosian Ruins. We need him."

"Now come with me." He said and walked toward Mei and Quintin to have them group up. While he was passing through the gate though, Pyriam spoke in a low voice to him. If Talix and Krebbic follow close they should be able to hear the ferret as he says:
    "I know of dem ruins, young'un. Most in this city do. If'n ya go there none've ya gotta chance to survive. No one's lived ta speak of goin' far in that accurs'd place. Ain't no way I'm lettin' ya kill Quin. Whatever ya lookin' fer don't put its value over my apprentice's life."

"I came back alive, and I went far enough in to see the remains of those claimed. I know most of the dangers... your apprentice is in good hands. I specialize in ancient ruins. Especially those cursed against survival." Eliizer replied.
    Pyriam seemed unimpressed and tight-lipped but he did not try to argue or recall Quintin.

Eliizer stepped up to Mei.
    "Nothing to wait on now. Let us go. We'll head west down the marked path. It will be about 4 hours if we travel fast. We won't break until we reach the ruins."
    Last edited by Viciviser; 09-15-2015 at 04:57 AM.

Weasyl
    admirallupine
    He then looked to Talix and Krebbic speaking to them low enough that the other guards, Quintin, and Mei should not be able to hear.
    "I appreciate your patience. I get that our grouping might not be ideal at this point. But I allowed Quintin to accompany solely on account of Rashid offering his services. If he becomes unable to translate for us then we'll lose a great asset that came to us out of the blue. I tried to hire linguists before but none of them will venture into the Pylonnosian Ruins. We need him."
    "It's not a problem," Talix rolled his eyes as Quintin followed behind Mei outside the gates, "I'm sure you can count on us to protect the merchant as well, right Krebbic?" He nudged the large reptilian with his elbow and grinned.

"Now come with me." He said and walked toward Mei and Quintin to have them group up. While he was passing through the gate though, Pyriam spoke in a low voice to him. If Talix and Krebbic follow close they should be able to hear the ferret as he says:
    "I know of dem ruins, young'un. Most in this city do. If'n ya go there none've ya gotta chance to survive. No one's lived ta speak of goin' far in that accurs'd place. Ain't no way I'm lettin' ya kill Quin. Whatever ya lookin' fer don't put its value over my apprentice's life."
    Talix frowned overhearing this. "Hey," he began, "if he's important to you, order him to stay. We'll be plenty fine on our..."
    He checked to see Eliizer's reaction, who might've been ready to interrupt him at any point.

"Nothing to wait on now. Let us go. We'll head west down the marked path. It will be about 4 hours if we travel fast. We won't break until we reach the ruins."
    "Four hours from this time," Talix pondered out loud, "my, we'll be up until just a few hours before dawn."
    He walks with the rest of the group out of the town gates once everyone's set.
    "Is the camp site particularly dangerous, Eliizer," he asks, "I'm starting to rethink my idea to keep watch. I just want to be well rested." He finishes with a slight tone of embarrassment.
    Last edited by Talix; 09-15-2015 at 11:21 AM.

Weasyl
    Jaredthefox92
    "Very well" Rashid said as he handed the spear over to Elizer

"Very well, I will try to stay out of trouble, it's bad for business!" Rashid said as he let out a laugh.

"Here, take my map, and yes Hassan is a very good horse. I will be able to get there very quickly." Rashid said as he handed out his map to the gecko.