Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    Jaredthefox92
    "Seventy Five Gold pieces, each is worth twenty five alone." The rat responded.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Mei's smile turned to a scowl and she made a noise somewhere between a laugh, hiccup, groan, and a dying animal. "Thaaaats going to be a problem..." she took her coinpurse off of her belt for the second time this night and flipped it upside down. A small ball of lint and a nondescript looking pebble fell out.

Weasyl
    Jaredthefox92
    "Well then, perhaps we can barter. What possession do you have of value?" The merchant asks inquisitively.

Weasyl
    admirallupine
    Talix contemplates whether or not to throw another wisecrack at Mei, however he figured since money is involved, it might be too sensitive of a topic. Going for a more sincere approach he says, "Err sorry, Mei, I don't think I can help you this time."

"We might just have to limit our magic usage and make-do." Talix states, seeing as the mana potions might not be an option.

"Oh, torches," snapping his fingers as he remembers the rather crucial item, "I can see rather well in low-light, but not in darkness, of course. How dark are these ruins Eliizer? Perhaps I'll make a purchase should Rashid have them in stock."

Weasyl
    jedthedragon
    Quote Originally Posted by Viciviser View Post
    Quintin gave another growl and a glare at Pyriam, but the ferret didn't flinch. The dog-man left his post to walk up behind Talix and Mei. He looked up at Krebbic and gave a gulp as he eyed the large reptilian.
    Krebbic shakes his head in confusion as that dog-headed individual passed by. He gives out a slight gasp, surprised at how tense that the canine was in Krebbic's presence. Most people would think that big, scary, meat-eating reptiles want to do nothing but laze around in the riverbanks and eat all passersby. In his tribe, that only applies to the fish that can only swim along the currents, certainly nothing with feet that could run away at the last possible second.

Krebbic ponders on whether to try to persuade the dog that there's nothing to fear; engaging too soon may be the slip-up that leads to needless conflict.
    Last edited by feraldraco; 09-12-2015 at 03:20 AM. Reason: Present tense
    I'm ready for roleplaying anytime! Just send me a PM in the main Weasyl site!

My profile pic was brought to me by Pandactyle on Weasyl!

Weasyl
    Viciviser
    Eliizer motioned his thumb behind him, "I have what I need of the weaponry, but can't hurt to want for a few disposable items. Got any throwing weapons that burst into flame or explode? Better yet, a thunderbolt javelin would be ideal."
    Eliizer did not blink at the pricing. "Seems fair, I'll pay for the others." He said and took out a pouch but from which pocket on him it was hard to tell since he did it so quickly. He parceled out 3 small gold bars each worth 25 gold pieces and handed that to Rashid to pay for the mana potions. There were many platinum slips in his pouch as well.

"They are to accompany me on my mission. A quest even, you could say. I need them to be fully stocked else some of us could perish." Eliizer explained.

He turned his head to Talix for a moment, "No need for torches. Tar smoke can attract some monsters. I have tracking light orbs."

"Krebbic, there anything you need?" Eliizer turned his head further to ask.

The dingo waited patiently again as Mei bartered. He only had eyes for her and did not bother looking at the others. When he found an opening he spoke.
    "M'name's Quintin, miss." The dingo said with a slight grin. It was still hard for him not to stammer or look away from Mei should she turn to look at him again.
    "Perchance I c'n get a beautiful battle maiden's name?"
    Last edited by Viciviser; 09-12-2015 at 01:58 AM. Reason: needed to add in Krebbic

Weasyl
    jedthedragon
    Quote Originally Posted by Viciviser View Post
    "Krebbic, there anything you need?" Eliizer turned his head further to ask.
    Krebbic made a fist with one hand and smashed it into the other. "No," said Krebbic. "Hands can ..."

After trying to find the right word, he said "... do it."

Well, his hands and his bodily strength, but from his apparent size, he didn't feel the need to say anything else.
    Last edited by feraldraco; 09-12-2015 at 03:30 AM. Reason: clarification
    I'm ready for roleplaying anytime! Just send me a PM in the main Weasyl site!

My profile pic was brought to me by Pandactyle on Weasyl!

Weasyl
    N/A
    "Th-... thank you!" Mei gasped, as Eliizer handed the gold over. She picked up the glowing vials, wrapped them gently in gauze she retrieved from a small pouch on her belt, and stored them there.

She turned towards Quintin, who had taken the break in conversation to speak up. "Of course, my name is Mei," she said politely, dipping into a slight curtsey. "Thank you for your, err... help... earlier."

Weasyl
    Viciviser
    Quintin's eyes went wide and he made a small gasp when Eliizer had mentioned that some of them could perish. So when Mei told him her name he grabbed up her hands.
    "Mei! Such a short 'n sweet name. Cute jus' like ya. Fits like a glove, it does."
    He said with a wink and a little lick of a kiss to her hands.
    "The thought of ya riskin' yer life an' mayhap not returnin' sits sore on me, it does. My heart's poundin' cause we jus' met, but I swear it sickens me: the thought've ya gettin' hurt or worse!"

He knelt down on one knee. "Take me! Ya shan't be courtin' death wit' nary a bodyguard." He pledged with complete disregard to the others traveling with her. He looked up with a determined yet soft look in his sincere eyes.
    "YER JOB'S TA DEFEND THIS TOWN, DOLT!" Pyriam yelled from the gate just as Quintin finished speaking so as not to give Mei time to react.
    "Get back to yer post ya starry-eyed nitwit! Pledgin' ta some wayward broad like she a goddess 'r sumthin'." Pyriam muttered the last bit.
    Quintin's shoulders stiffened up defensively, but he did not budge. He still looked up to Mei for an answer.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Mei giggled and blushed when Quintin kissed her hand, but was completely taken off guard by his immediate conclusion to defend her. Her eyes went wide and her jaw slack. Nobody had ever shown such determination in her favor, nor had she been shown much courtesy growing up. She blinked a few times and finally managed to speak. "O-... okay, if you insist, but the final decision isnt up to me..." she glanced at Eliizer to see how he would respond to the new development.
    Last edited by Mei; 09-12-2015 at 10:00 AM.