Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    N/A
    Mei pushed herself up to sit on the edge of her rock and crossed one leg over the other. Leaning back on her paws, she stared intently at the newcomer with piercing green eyes, waiting to see what Eliizer would say. After coming to her recent realization that she had unintentionally let her guard down too much, she was wary of the strange rat.
    Last edited by Mei; 09-10-2015 at 03:19 PM.

Weasyl
    Viciviser
    "Greetings, Rashid. Please, hop down off your horse and show us some of your merchandise. Do you carry some in the saddlebags? I can help you get it down."
    He said with a grin.
    "I'd get out my coin, but I'm not certain I want to buy anything until I see what you carry."

Even the guards seemed intrigued but they pretended to not be involved. One was a dog headed man with a metal helmet and chain mail. He kept glancing back over at Mei and then looking away sheepishly if she looked his way. It was obvious he was more interested in her.

The owl sentry above was watching the exchange with the merchant. Maybe because there was nothing else going on.
    Last edited by Viciviser; 09-11-2015 at 02:34 PM.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Mei's gaze drifted over the guard, who promptly turned his head. She giggled to herself. An opportunity for some fun! She thought. At least it will give me something to do in the meantime.

She hopped off her rock and began approaching the group, making sure to catch the guard's eye as she walked. When the guard looked at her again, she mustered up the most innocent yet seductive look she could and gazed deeply into his eyes.

She had put so much effort into seducing the guard, she had forgotten to pay attention to the terrain in front of her. The tip of her boot caught a rock and threw her balance. Caught entirely off guard, she face-planted into a tuft of grass.

Weasyl
    admirallupine
    Talix took a few seconds to look through his bag, searching for anything he might have missed or may need.
    "I think potions of healing might be nice to carry along, perhaps some bandages as well," he suggests, "I only know some basic first aid and my healing magic won't exactly be sufficient."
    He finishes rummaging through his backpack, "Ah, flint and steel also, unless Mei can light a fire."

He watches as Mei approaches the guard and falls flat on the ground.
    "Mei," Talix calls out with a sly grin, "lighting campfires, not lighting hearts on fire!"

He lets out a small sigh, jogs over to Mei and offers to help her up, and making a quick glance at the guard to see his reaction, "I thought I was a rather clumsy one, but you..."

"Is this how you get by all the time? Seducing guards and begging bartenders?" Talix says quietly enough so the guards don't overhear, still smirking.
    "Try to be more aware of your surroundings, we're going to be exploring some dangerous ruins you know, and I may not be there all the time to get you out of trouble like what happened at the bar."

Talix awaits Mei's reply before asking, "So Eliizer, what does this merchant have in store for us?"
    Last edited by Talix; 09-10-2015 at 10:02 PM.

Weasyl
    Jaredthefox92
    "It's okay, I can get them off myself." He dismounts his horse and then takes off the bags.

He then pulls down a blanket upon the ground and opens the bag. Inside them he takes out what appears to be small potions of mana and herbal potions as well. Then rat then proceeds to take out several exotic weapons that each of the warriors might need.

"I have a few knives for sell, a few arrows, mostly portable wares for now."

- - - Updated - - -

"It's okay, I can get them off myself." He dismounts his horse and then takes off the bags.

He then pulls down a blanket upon the ground and opens the bag. Inside them he takes out what appears to be small potions of mana and herbal potions as well. Then rat then proceeds to take out several exotic weapons that each of the warriors might need.

"I have a few knives for sell, a few arrows, mostly portable wares for now."

Weasyl
    N/A
    Mei blushed so badly the air surrounding her must have warmed a few degrees. She pushed herself up onto her knees and sat on her legs, a tear slid down her cheek as she stared at the ground where her muzzle had made impact. The tuft of grass was still just barely beginning to spring back up.

She heard the heavy footsteps approaching and Talix reached her side. "Is this how you get by all the time?..." he asked. She shrugged off the comment. "I do what i need to to get by.." she said under her breath, still sobbing lightly.

Talix offered to help her up. She accepted, grasping the large armor-like hand. Instantly she was overcome with a warm, friendly feeling. "... and i may not be there all the time to get you out of trouble like what happened at the bar." She heard the last bit of his sentence as she snapped back into reality. She smiled shyly, blushing slightly again, and wiped her tears with the corner of her blouse sleeve. Her ears flattened slightly. "I'm sorry... i will try to be more careful..." She said softly.I felt a hint of that at the bar when he helped me too... I think he is one I can trust.

"As to your question regarding campfires, i can manipulate a flame if there is at the very least a spark for me to use." She pulled a small flint out of her belt pouch. She flicked her nail against the side of the flint, creating a small spark. The spark grew to a medium-sized flame that whipped quickly around the wolf and dissappeared just as fast. "It is easier for me if there is a flame or fuel for one present, but this would do for a campfire."

Mei walked towards the merchant, cautiously this time to avoid further embarrassment. She rocked back and forth on her heels while she browsed his wares.

She glanced over the weapons. These were not needed. Her eyes moved to the potions. "What do you reccommend to restore my energy quickly? I can become exhausted easily depending on how mch i have to lean on the elements for help.."

Weasyl
    admirallupine
    "I'm sorry... I will try to be more careful..."
    "Right then," Talix replies, "I look forward to seeing what you can do. I'll be doing what I can as well."

"As to your question regarding campfires, i can manipulate a flame if there is at the very least a spark for me to use." She pulled a small flint out of her belt pouch. She flicked her nail against the side of the flint, creating a small spark. The spark grew to a medium-sized flame that whipped quickly around the wolf and dissappeared just as fast. "It is easier for me if there is a flame or fuel for one present, but this would do for a campfire."
    "Ah, splendid," he acclaims, "that should be about all we need for the campfire then."

Weasyl
    Viciviser
    Eliizer tensed as he heard Mei crash behind him. He had his sides to both his group and to the rat, so he only turned his head slightly to glance back at his self-injured companion. Talix had it under control though so he stood where he was and nodded to Rashid as the rat got down off his horse and splayed his wares out.

When Mei fell the dog-headed guard bolted forward to help her up but Talix got there first so he backed off, sporting a blush of his own around his eyes and the little bit of collarbone showing. The other male guard, if one could see past his leather armor and metal reinforced leather helmet, seemed to be a white ferret man with blue eyes. Middle aged but very battle-hardened. He was heavier for a ferret with a bigger chest and thicker neck. He laughed out loud and slapped his knee when Mei hit the dirt.

"T'wasn't funny, Pyriam! Knock off ya slack jaw grunt." The dog-headed man growled.

Pyriam tilted his head away from his fellow guard with a steely stare.
    "Quintin... she's cute an' all butcha don' need ta be defendin' tha honor of a stray lass. B'sides, look, she gots her knight 'n shinin' armor already." He finished with another chuckle.
    Quintin scowled and just watched and waited for Talix to stop talking.
    "Ya a'right miss? I--" He began, but she showed off her ability to manipulate fire to Talix and his jaw dropped. "Sh-she's fancy a'right." He muttered to himself.
    "P'rolly a bedazzlin' witch if'n ya ask me. She mayhap be an ole hag enchantin' herself ta look fine." Pyriam muttered in return.

Quintin gave another growl and a glare at Pyriam, but the ferret didn't flinch. The dog-man left his post to walk up behind Talix and Mei. He looked up at Krebbic and gave a gulp as he eyed the large reptilian. He focused back on Mei and reached out a hand, "'Ey, miss, I uh- well- umm- jus' want'd ta be sure yer a'right an all." He said in attempt to get her attention this time. Up close it was obvious he had the head and tail of a dingo with tan human skin on the rest of him that could be seen, which was pretty much just his collarbone area. His brown, nearly black, eyes had a soft and timid gaze on her.

Eliizer ignored the stammering guard. He suddenly had a small stone in his hand and tapped it on his leg three times. It glowed with a soft light and he held it over Rashid's wares. If anything was magical in nature then it would shine with a similar light.
    "I'm most interested in portable magic items like this stone here."

If something does glow he points at that/those object(s) "What about this/these?" He asks.
    Last edited by Viciviser; 09-11-2015 at 01:40 AM.

Weasyl
    Jaredthefox92
    "How about a potion of mana?" The rat replied back to Mei.

"It is good for a quick replenishing of energy, also fairly cheap!"

Rashid looks through his wares to remember what items of his held any known mystical capabilities. He soon brought out an herbal potion of healing, and several more vials of mana replenishing potions. Then the rat suddenly remembered, he had some more things he could also sell to Eliizer.

"Ah, now I remember! I also have some weapons that are known to be magical in nature. However I need to know what type of mystical weapon you're after." Rashid replied back to Elizer.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Mei saw the approaching dingo-guard and felt another wave of embarrassment setting on. Her burning cheeks were nearly visible through her fur. She flattened her ears all the way against the back of her head and looked away towards the ground. The guard seemed fixated on her, which made her even more self-conscious.

"'Ey, miss, I uh- well- umm- jus' want'd ta be sure yer a'right an all." The guard had said, reaching out a hand. She managed to lift her head up and look with teary green eyes into his soft gaze. She felt a small stab at her heart and squeezed her eyes shut, turning her head away as she realized she was crying again. "I'm.. I'm fine.." She sniffed, trying to rid herself of the tears with her sleeve again. "Just a little... embarrased I think.." She took his hand.

The dingo reached out again with his other hand, this time towards her face. She gasped and froze in place, still unsure as to the situation. He gently brushed some dirt and grass off of her snout. "Oh.. oops! I didn't see that!" She exclaimed, taking her own paw and brushing her nose off to be sure there was no more.

_________

"Mana... I have heard that word somewhere before, but I can't remember where.. Oh well, no matter. I will take three." She raised her paw to her throat and gently brushed a small gem hanging from her black choker. The gem flashed a dazzling blue and green in random patterns throughout its entirety. "This is all I have for reserves at the moment. I store what small amounts of energy I can when I can spare it. Luckily, I have only had to use it once.." Her look turned dark and she cast her eyes downward. "I would rather forget that day..." She looked back up and brightened her mood with a sweet smile. "Anyways, how much for three?"