Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    N/A
    "Fascinating", Antara said studying the lantern.

"Lumin!" Antara was pleased when the orb lit up and began bobbing next to him. He frowned slightly at the white light and began prodding it with mana until it glowed a soft red. Noticing the questioning looks from his allies Antara explained. "Red light interferes less with your vision if the lights suddenly go out. Remember, we have no idea what might happen in there and I don't want to be caught blind if something goes wrong."

Antara got into position readying himself to cast at a moments notice.
    WHO STOLE MAH MUFFINS!

Weasyl
    admirallupine
    When the Knight asked if he'd reveal his secret recipe the gecko just gave a slight nod.
    "I guess I can when all is said and done. And I'd like to be treated for once." He said as he smiled wide, large blue-green eyes shining. He also looked a little surprised that this intimidatingly armored being with its tough exterior and luminous eyes would be so shy and sheepish at times. He blinked and looked away, slightly bashful, as he realized that made the Knight cute in his own way.
    "Haha, I look forward to it."
    Talix more or less did the same as the gecko, bashfully looking away, and was relieved when Eliizer's attention diverted towards the group.

Talix held the orb and rotated it once within his "gauntlet," scanning it over curiously.
    "Lumin."
    Sure enough, his orb mimicked the same actions as the others.
    "Alright," he said determined, "in we go."
    He followed closely behind Krebbic.

Weasyl
    jedthedragon
    Quote Originally Posted by Viciviser View Post
    "Lumin."
    Eliizer walked to the gaping entrance having many orbs in his arms. One was already lit and floated next to him.
    "Everyone get into formation. Take these lights with you. Hold one with both hands, all fingertips touching it and say, lumin. To turn it off reach toward it and say umbra. It will only activate if held correctly and will attune to your hands and your voice. It also will hover a certain distance away and avoid being hit in combat."
    As he explained he passed out the orbs which were about the size of two human fists, and looked much like white quartz, but was not heavy like stone.

He reiterated for Krebbic in the dialect similar to Chota.
    As the group descended the staircase, Krebbic turned the stone around, looking at the smooth surface using the light produced from everybody else's stones. From what Eliizer translated, he knew that he had to say two different foreign words. He would have asked the gecko to repeat those two words, as he didn't quite catch what they were. What kept him from being quick enough to reply was that everybody seemed to push ahead without his input on the matter. As a result, Krebbic had no choice but to move forward, being able to see only a few feet ahead of him due to everybody else's sunstones.

The reptilian kept turning his head forward and back with every step, repeating the word, "Luma," as he did. After realizing that the stone just wasn't working for him, he gave up that endeavor, and resorted to walking a few feet in front of Talix; it was his job to make sure everybody was protected anyway.
    Last edited by feraldraco; 10-13-2015 at 12:14 AM. Reason: Adding a bit more description; you'll see me doing that often over the course of the RP.
    I'm ready for roleplaying anytime! Just send me a PM in the main Weasyl site!

My profile pic was brought to me by Pandactyle on Weasyl!

Weasyl
    admirallupine
    The reptilian kept turning his head forward and back with every step, repeating the word, "Luma," as he did. After realizing that the stone just wasn't working for him, he gave up that endeavor, and resorted to walking slightly ahead of Talix; it was his job to make sure everybody was protected anyway.
    Talix assumed that if he helped with Krebbic's light orb, it would follow him instead as he would be the one saying the word for its activation. He walked alongside the huge lizard's left to try and share his source of light easier.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Antara noticed Krebbic struggling with his orb and Talix's kind gesture to help. Working the idea over in his mind for a while Antara thought he could form a spell that might help Krebbic understand the common tongue better. The more he thought about it however the more it seemed like a bad idea. Changing the way a creature thinks, even in a small way such as making them capable of understanding another language could have disastrous results on other parts. He could accidentally make his ally into an invalid or worse a homicidal maniac. Not to mention the difficulty with even getting Krebbic's permission to attempt such a task. Antara however, absentminded as ever, continued to play with the idea as he and his allies crept into the dark unknown. Talix's thought of fixing the orbs tracking never even once occuring to the mage.

[OOC: longest way ever of saying I'm doing nothing :3 / waiting on a description of the first challenge]
    WHO STOLE MAH MUFFINS!

Weasyl
    N/A
    Mei carefully descended the steps close behind Talix and Krebbic, but far enough to give them space should they need to react quickly. A draft of chilly air was rising from the depths. She kept glancing all around her at the impenetrable darkness, which made the green glow of her eyes visible. She shivered, fur rising on the back of her neck. This was not a chill from cold, her coat of fur ensured her body temperature would stay normal in this temperature, it was a chill from a gut feeling of being watched. Her orb provided some light to see by, but no more than a few feet in each direction. Her weapons on her back provided a faint glow, but it didn't help much. She had impeccable eyesight during the day, and much higher than average during the night, but the darkness surrounding the group proved to be too much. The more she thought about it, the more it bothered her. Is it a sort of ancient magic?? She thought to herself.

All around was silent, save for the group's footsteps and breath. Mei focused most of her attention to her sense of hearing, unable to shake the fur-prickling sensation that this cave was causing. She pulled her scythes from their holsters, ready to strike at the drop of a pin...

Weasyl
    Viciviser
    Eliizer cocked his head at Antara.
    "That color affects the eyes less? Didn't know that... a bit foreboding to be washed in red... but if this is true then do this for the other orbs." He said to the mage.

As the group walked down the stairs it became noticeable that there were walls stretching out. The vaulted ceiling's girth and measure was hard to fathom though due to the pervading darkness making it impossible to see. They went down a ways and Eliizer noticed that Krebbic had not activated his light. Especially once he heard the larger reptilian repeat the word "luma" a handful of times.

After about 25 large stone steps the group found themselves finally at ground level, smooth and finely crafted stones met to form a fine floor. Sections of it even still somehow had some of the sealant remaining giving the floor a spotty, polished-to-worn look in many places. A pattern could be seen but it was obviously more decorative than anything functional.

Eliizer turned around raising an arm with a closed fist to let them know to stop. He looked up to Krebbic. Without a word he grabbed Krebbic's clawed mitts and moved his own finger pads across Krebbic's fingers until they were all spaced apart around the orb and each finger was was simultaneously touching the orb. "Loo-men is the light. Um-brah is the dark." He said in reptilian making sure to pronounce slowly to emphasize sound and syllables. He had no expression on his face other than eyes looking into Krebbic's to make sure there was understanding. There was a kind and patient air about him.

Standing on the floor the group will feel something disorienting to a specific sense. As if... it is hard to tell one's location very well. Nothing causing vertigo or a sense of real imbalance, but more so a subtle effect on one's ability to say where one is or where one has been, and the sense of North, East, South, and West seems... off. It is hard to perceive and might avoid notice for a while.

Weasyl
    N/A
    [OOC: I read somewhere that because of the lights long wavelengths red light made it easier to see in the dark but short wavelengths like blue light made it hard to see. Antara has no way of understanding the science but I would assume he might have picked up the trick in his travels.]

Antara nodded to Elizer and proceeded to make the orbs all red, bathing the hall in an eerie light. Antara observed Elizer and Krebbic speaking the "Chota" language. He distinctly heard Elizer enunciate the orbs command words and realized that he was helping the titanic crocodilian.
    WHO STOLE MAH MUFFINS!

Weasyl
    admirallupine
    After descending the stairs, Talix equipped himself with his shield in his right hand and gazed around the area. He gave Eliizer an approving smile as he helped Krebbic with his light orb.

Eliizer cocked his head at Antara.
    "That color affects the eyes less? Didn't know that... a bit foreboding to be washed in red... but if this is true then do this for the other orbs." He said to the mage.

Antara nodded to Elizer and proceeded to make the orbs all red, bathing the hall in an eerie light.
    "I have to agree there," Talix added once their surroundings were flooded with red light, "but if it helps us from whatever we may find down here, I suppose we have to manage, eh?"

Once the group begins to proceed further in, Talix will ask while en route, "Say, Eliizer? What sorts of monsters might we encounter in these ruins? Besides the dragon, of course. I apologize if this was mentioned before, I may have forgotten."

He held his left hand on the hilt of his sword, ready to draw it in case of a sudden ambush.
    Last edited by Talix; 10-16-2015 at 01:06 PM.

Weasyl
    jedthedragon
    Eliizer turned around raising an arm with a closed fist to let them know to stop. He looked up to Krebbic. Without a word he grabbed Krebbic's clawed mitts and moved his own finger pads across Krebbic's fingers until they were all spaced apart around the orb and each finger was was simultaneously touching the orb. "Loo-men is the light. Um-brah is the dark." He said in reptilian making sure to pronounce slowly to emphasize sound and syllables. He had no expression on his face other than eyes looking into Krebbic's to make sure there was understanding. There was a kind and patient air about him.
    Krebbic blinked in surprise as Eliizer manipulated his black, webbed claws, presumably to make the crocodile hold it the right way. Even though it still left Krebbic a bit salty to be instructed as a child would be, he could see in Eliizer's big eyes, which have changed to a golden yellow, that he only did so with good intentions. "Loo... men." said Krebbic, the word still leaving a weird taste in his mouth.

Then, the orb finally shone its bright light and left his hands, causing Krebbic to cover his eyes to let his eyes adjust to yet another barrage of light. Without making any particular eye contact with anybody, he yelled, "Human! Red light!"
    I'm ready for roleplaying anytime! Just send me a PM in the main Weasyl site!

My profile pic was brought to me by Pandactyle on Weasyl!