Long-ish time user just registered to forums

Last edited by Lime_Flv_Dragon; 07-14-2015 at 03:33 AM.

Hey there! I'm pretty new too.

I have huge respect for 3D modelers. It seems to be extrodinarily difficult. Since you're a TF2 fan, do you hope to get something in the workshop someday?

Weasyl
    Umbra.Exe
    Oh, hi there! I know I've seen you on the mainsite. X3

I'll agree that Blender can be confusing at times, haha. Especially now that I essentially have to re-learn everything after not having used it in a while. Seeing a stream could be interesting, I don't think I've seen a stream of 3D modeling work before.

Welcome to the forums!

Quote Originally Posted by Claine View Post
    Hey there! I'm pretty new too.

I have huge respect for 3D modelers. It seems to be extrodinarily difficult. Since you're a TF2 fan, do you hope to get something in the workshop someday?
    I did get models in the workshop, but they never got accepted into the game. I haven't modeled for TF2 in a few years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Umbra_Exe View Post
    Oh, hi there! I know I've seen you on the mainsite. X3

I'll agree that Blender can be confusing at times, haha. Especially now that I essentially have to re-learn everything after not having used it in a while. Seeing a stream could be interesting, I don't think I've seen a stream of 3D modeling work before.

Welcome to the forums!
    I remember you too! You should really get back into modeling if you really want to Also there are plenty of streams (at least on Twitch, under the "Creative" section) that stream 3D modeling. I just don't know whether or not their intention is to teach Blender or just make things.

Weasyl
    Ikar
    Hello, I'm new here too. I have to say you render kinda simple models, but in way they don't look clumsy or weird, but funny and pleasant to look at. Great work~

Quote Originally Posted by Ikar View Post
    Hello, I'm new here too. I have to say you render kinda simple models, but in way they don't look clumsy or weird, but funny and pleasant to look at. Great work~
    Thanks! I never really had much of a taste for high-poly works, so I stick with low-poly*. That, and texturing is one of my weaknesses. I can put down simple colors but putting down details like fur, scales, etc. feels like a chore rather than an interest.

*I also somewhat plan on using my models in a game... so yeah

Weasyl
    Umbra.Exe
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime_Flv_Dragon View Post
    I remember you too! You should really get back into modeling if you really want to Also there are plenty of streams (at least on Twitch, under the "Creative" section) that stream 3D modeling. I just don't know whether or not their intention is to teach Blender or just make things.
    I do plan on getting back into modeling sometime, it was really fun back when I was into it. At the moment, I'm not sure what to make for practice though. I figure I should start off with something simple to get back into the swing of things.

As for streams, I suppose I don't browse enough of them to find the 3d modeling ones. ^^;

Quote Originally Posted by Umbra_Exe View Post
    I do plan on getting back into modeling sometime, it was really fun back when I was into it. At the moment, I'm not sure what to make for practice though. I figure I should start off with something simple to get back into the swing of things.

As for streams, I suppose I don't browse enough of them to find the 3d modeling ones. ^^;
    I was warming up last night with someone from the IRC, who I asked to suggest random props to model. I think it helped get back into Blender after not modeling for a while!