Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Another warning for everyone, wallpart selling our art without permission

So this came to my attention today

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2015/07/08/c...hem-as-posters

Some of my stuff is on there and I have warned FA users too. Its worth checking out for yours.

It appears to be a search engine that sells its results as prints. They sell everything and everyone. Even random selfies. I'm hoping the wide scope of their venture will lead to them getting bombarded from a lot of angry people worldwide.
    Last edited by Tiamat; 07-10-2015 at 06:52 PM.

Weasyl
    Vae
    "Whoops!
    HTTP 404 - Page Not Found"

That's all I get.
    Resident Koopa Trash

Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    "Whoops!
    HTTP 404 - Page Not Found"

That's all I get.
    Fixed thanks

Weasyl
    GlaringFeline
    This is disgusting! I hope something is done about it! I'm looking around to see if any of my art is on there.

EDIT: There is a petition to have this site removed and it almost has all the signatures needed! https://www.change.org/p/remove-wall...ut-persmission
    Last edited by GlaringFeline; 07-10-2015 at 07:35 PM.
    -Insert inspirational quote here-

What I'm wondering though, is: does your art end up being scraped and put on there after you search your username on there? Because I remember a few sites that were posted on deviantART by concerned artists, but the scraper only pulled your images once you gave it your information on who you were, in a sense.

And if this one works the same, it might be better *not* to look up your art, even if that sounds counterintuitive?

Quote Originally Posted by Hardrockangel View Post
    What I'm wondering though, is: does your art end up being scraped and put on there after you search your username on there? Because I remember a few sites that were posted on deviantART by concerned artists, but the scraper only pulled your images once you gave it your information on who you were, in a sense.

And if this one works the same, it might be better *not* to look up your art, even if that sounds counterintuitive?
    Yes, I wondered that myself...still gotta go regardless!

Oh, I definitely agree that it's shady and has got to go, but I just wanted to say that if it's one of those kind of scrapers, throwing your name in the search box willy-nilly may be counter-productive.

These are the kinds of sites that make me wish I had the time and money and lack of discrepancy to hire a botnet and fire off a DDoS. Nothing of value lost...

Weasyl
    GlaringFeline
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardrockangel View Post

That's true, but people won't know if it's already there unless they look it up. It's a site that has to go and I honestly hope someone sues them and wins big bucks from it.

I agree with Socks; if I had the know-how and didn't care about going to jail, I'd DDOS them myself.
    -Insert inspirational quote here-

The problem is, they're based in Russia which from what I can tell has the most IDGAF policy regarding stuff like this. Literally the only way to deal with this that I can see is for someone to take drastic measures like I stated earlier.