Following any podcasts? Share them!

I like to listen to audiobooks and podcasts while I do artsy things. Everyone looks for new material to listen to sometimes. So, why don't you share some of your favorite podcasts and introduce them to the rest of us?

As for me, I've been really getting into Welcome to Night Vale lately. It's set up like a radio show in a fictional town where a bunch of weird sci-fi/paranormal things go down. I'm currently trying to play catch-up to the more recent episodes, but it's definitely one to follow.

Weasyl
    mrindigo
    Ooo, I'm game. I've been listening to a ton of The Flophouse, a review show of financial and box office flops, and that's pretty funny. :3

I listen to a ridiculous number of podcasts, mostly comedy, and my personal favorite is Professor Blastoff. The premise is that three comedians meet an expert in an interesting field (science, art, philosophy, sexuality, etc.) and discuss the broad strokes of that topic, but in practice it's just the comedians doing bits with an overqualified person in the room. There's education and interesting conversation to be had when the hosts actually get won over by a topic, but it's mostly just an extremely funny show to the detriment of its own premise. It has also gone through a few slumps in quality over the years, and the first six months of this year have been one such slump, so I would advise looking into a relatively early episode or just starting from the beginning if you're going to give it a shot.

Other essential day-one listens include Throwing Shade (wherein two comedians discuss LGBT and women's issues and manage to make that often depressing topic funny) and Stop Podcasting Yourself (wherein two Vancouver comedians have on a guest from that comedy scene to just talk about their lives and stuff that their listeners have overheard and sent in). Both these shows live on the strength of their hosts, all of whom are just incredibly funny.

Finally, the funniest podcast out there and one of the funniest things I'm aware of is Superego, a series of improvised scenes that are then edited into sheer comedy perfection. It's a rare treat, having only released about twenty episodes in the last four years, but any one of them can be listened to over and over without getting old.
    Last edited by Fiendly; 07-17-2015 at 11:04 AM.

Weasyl
    sayum
    Audiobook wise check out the Bartimaeus Trilogy. Luckily all three audiobooks are on youtube. Its very magic-oriented with a great twist of historical fiction in a modern setting. The two main characters have excellent banter in the first book and the plot is exellent.

Weasyl
    Kaedal
    I really recommend checking out No Such Thing As A Fish(http://qi.com/podcast/). It's absolutely brilliant, entertaining, and educational! It's set up by the fact researchers behind the British panel show QI, and every week they share the favourite facts they've learned those past seven days.

Weasyl
    sayum
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaedal View Post
    I really recommend checking out No Such Thing As A Fish(http://qi.com/podcast/). It's absolutely brilliant, entertaining, and educational! It's set up by the fact researchers behind the British panel show QI, and every week they share the favourite facts they've learned those past seven days.
    Ok, listening to the first episode while making breakfast and totally hooked halfway through! Have you ever listened to "Stuff You Should Know"? Similar format only they have one topic per episode that they talk in depth about. http://www.stuffyoushouldknow.com/