Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    Umbra.Exe
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxid View Post
    You can't prevent others from adding tags to your images, only from removing tags that you've made.
    Ah, I see... My bad.
    It would be nice to have that option though, for people who are picky about their tags.

I didn't even think about the blacklist option, so there's another plus to enabling tag editing. For artists who worry about their stuff getting less views due to blacklist tags... Well, the people who are blocking that stuff didn't want to see it anyway. :b (And the same tags could still be helpful to those who DO want to see that content.)

You can't prevent others from adding tags to your images
    Unfortunately.
    Sega does what Nintendon't.

Weasyl
    Bornes
    So why not just make it so there is an option for artists to prevent users from adding OR modifying tags on artist's content? Then nearly everyone could be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bornes View Post
    So why not just make it so there is an option for artists to prevent users from adding OR modifying tags on artist's content? Then nearly everyone could be happy.
    In this case I find community tag pointless.

Why wouldn't you want people tagging your picture with its contents? It's helping more people find you.
    (Just to make it clear, "you" is being used in a general sense, not YOU you.)

You can't prevent others from adding tags to your images, only from removing tags that you've made.
    Anyway, I can relate to the sentiment of the OP. Tags help everyone, especially when it comes to blacklist material. But artists are silly.
    I hadn't even thought of blacklists. I was tagging things I wanted too see in art I liked, but now that you mention that, it doesn't just seem silly, it seems almost abusive for artists to go nuts over and remove tags/taggers without any kind of oversight. Some people really don't wanna see certain things and artists can basically make in impossible to filter by doing that.

Weasyl
    Noxid

But if that were an option then someone could upload something I have blacklisted and rather than being able to tag it myself and move on, my options are to see it on the front page / in my search results, or report them for not tagging shit, or personally bitch them out, none of which are really ideal.

Weasyl
    Bornes
    Quote Originally Posted by PlayPossum View Post
    In this case I find community tag pointless.

Why wouldn't you want people tagging your picture with its contents? It's helping more people find you.
    (Just to make it clear, "you" is being used in a general sense, not YOU you.)
    I would like to think that the majority of artists agree with you, but in the case of ridiculous artists, is it not better to give them what they want over people being blocked for stupid reasons like tags?
    But if that were an option then someone could upload something I have blacklisted and rather than being able to tag it myself and move on, my options are to see it on the front page / in my search results, or report them for not tagging shit, or personally bitch them out, none of which are really ideal.
    Fair enough, but then what about artists who block you for adding a tag? Then the situation is potentially worse.

Weasyl
    Noxid
    Fair enough, but then what about artists who block you for adding a tag? Then the situation is potentially worse.
    Being blocked doesn't hurt my feelings any, and at that point I would not feel much remorse for escalating to staff since I don't really think that's a reasonable response to me tagging an image with something that is in that image. As well:
    Quote Originally Posted by Community Guidelines
    uploaders removing relevant tags without good reason may be subject to moderation.
    Last edited by Noxid; 07-09-2015 at 01:53 AM. Reason: didn't like the look of that comma

I would like to think that the majority of artists agree with you, but in the case of ridiculous artists, is it not better to give them what they want over people being blocked for stupid reasons like tags?

In this case, the abuse is being done by the artist, discouraging correctly applied tags and indirectly making their art misleading (which is against the rules, I believe).
    Then reporting the attitude would be justified.

But to avoid the need to have things deleted/blocked before remedying it, I suggested back there to lock tag deletion and only exclude them after some kind of peer-review or mod approval.

Or keep the process as is, but, like Irbis suggested, make it anonymous for regular users so they can't retaliate the tagger. Users are notified if their tags are removed/edited, right?

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    OP, I don't understand. Can you please give an example using X, Y, and X_Y?