Weasyl
    jedthedragon

Any Amateur Musicians here?

In addition to my attempts at literature, I also like to write music! I'm always on the lookout for people who know their stuff and want to pass down their knowledge and experience.
    I'm ready for roleplaying anytime! Just send me a PM in the main Weasyl site!

My profile pic was brought to me by Pandactyle on Weasyl!

Weasyl
    oly
    I'm actually semi-professional.

I've sold music commercially and have been writing, playing, and producing for about 8 years or so.

I'm an amateur, yes, adding that "musician" word next to it might still be an exaggeration!

I've come to a point where I don't feel I can progress much unless I buy a MIDI keyboard and learn to jam a little bit.
    Mouse-composing is quite a task and its stiffness makes me lack the "feel" for music, rhythm. I've been doing it all through theory instead of the good old trial-and-error, since meddling with possibilities take too much time on the piano roll. It works, but makes me feel claustrophobic.

Weasyl
    jedthedragon

Quote Originally Posted by feraldraco View Post
    I don't find the last one exactly tranquil or harmonious, but the other two are pretty nice pieces! The second ones has pretty much the bass only for a good amount of time and it's enough to fill all the blanks and sound complete, props for that.

The first one scares me a bit in its complexity, but I guess writing goes more smoothly than reading the finished thing. Right?! D:
    Get yourself a DAW and you'll do wonders. It's easy to learn the basics of it with YouTube at your disposal.

Weasyl
    jedthedragon
    Alright, thanks, PlayPossum! Your comments have really helped me look at what I need to do to step up. It'll be pretty hard for me to get a DAW anytime soon, so when I get the stuff I need, I'll get to doing that. Thanks!

Also, I'm looking for some people to collab with because I could very much use a partner!

Actually my main thing is singing and rapping. I can do a lot of shit with my voice. I do play a bit of guitar but a friend is borrowing my acoustic, one of the strings broke on my electric, and honestly I'm not in a position to teach anyone much but some of the most simple exercises to do before you start really trying to learn.

Weasyl
    WolfNightV4X1
    Does banging a fist on a keyboard count as amateur? :V
    Howl 'Havoc' and let slip the wolves of war

Weasyl
    maugryph
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfNightV4X1 View Post
    Does banging a fist on a keyboard count as amateur? :V
    Performance art :V