Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Pushing Boundaries

Weasyl
    Kai
    Ermahgherd, YES! It's great to finally have thumbnails that properly show the art!

Weasyl
    Paige
    I have to say I'm pretty unhappy with the new development, my art is all over the place and
    unorganized due to the new "thumbnail rule". Sure it would be fine if I had the option to set my profile to how I
    originally had my thumbs, but no, this isn't the case.

pretty disappointed honestly

Quote Originally Posted by Paige View Post
    I have to say I'm pretty unhappy with the new development, my art is all over the place and
    unorganized due to the new "thumbnail rule". Sure it would be fine if I had the option to set my profile to how I
    originally had my thumbs, but no, this isn't the case.

pretty disappointed honestly
    Have you tried this? https://www.weasyl.com/submit/thumbnail-select

Keeping the old thumbs makes them pretty small, though. You could also crop a custom square thumbnail for every submission, in order to keep the overall gallery aligned. Just hold shift (or was it Ctrl?) while dragging to make it square.

Not trying to make a bigger deal of it than it really is, but I only just noticed there was a topic for this. I ended ranting in a different one instead.
    So let me say it here. I don't like the new thumbnails. I'm OK with increasing the size limit. Not OK with how the update makes the front page messy as if pictures of different sizes were shrunk and randomly plastered in a wall.

So, I've seen a lot of hate for "click here" style of custom thumbnails.

I happen to do them that way. I do so just 'cause how awful full pictures looks in the thumbnail's dimensions if the difference in size is too big.
    The same effort I put into drawing the character's body whole I put in their faces, so I want to call attention to the faces first, body second, as the average viewer of my kind of niche usually focuses more on the body and personally I want to do all I can to change that mentality.

I never thought so many people made a fuss over it. Makes me wonder if I lost too many potential watchers 'cause of that.