Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Pushing Boundaries

Hm, quite the interesting long awaited update I'd say! So far it seems pretty nice though I'd agree, if there were any chance of playing with an option for the overall size of thumbs that could be useful but if that's not viable I think this could be fine. One gripe I have though is I preferred the rating marker hovering slightly off from the picture and I can't remember if it was thinner before or not? For me now it's kind of hard to distinguish it from the picture when it's stuck so close. Can't quite say I really like the hover outline either personally (not including the submission notifications page) but that's a small personal grumble. Thank you for the hard work guys!
    Last edited by Boxwolf; 07-07-2015 at 01:02 PM. Reason: clarification

Weasyl
    Noxid
    After using it a bit I'll second that the rating indicator is a bit harder to distinguish now, and I wouldn't mind if they were / had an option to be /slightly/ smaller but overall yeah it's not bad

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #104
    Weasyl
    lagos
    Quote Originally Posted by Spur View Post
    My only issue with it is that because the thumbnails show so much, they sometimes replace the need to actually click on them to view the full picture. It would be interesting to see how overall view counts are affected in the long term.
    That's a concern for me as well. I don't think there's a good solution to it beyond 'try to drive traffic to the site so it works out'. In my mind, part of the point of the navigation shortcuts and re-positioning the Folder Next/Prev is to make browsing submissions directly easier (although currently that doesn't work for, say, search results).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PlayPossum View Post
    But my old music/animation thumbs look so small, I believe they were originally 500x500px files when I uploaded them. I'll have to re-do them because I already deleted the thumb files.
    Sorry about that: We still had the legacy thumbnails for multimedia and were able to copy them over so everything wasn't naked at launch, but we couldn't generate new thumbnails for multimedia the way we did for visual submissions.

EDIT: I see that the music files at least have cover images, though. Could you use those?
    Last edited by Lagos; 07-07-2015 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagos View Post
    EDIT: I see that the music files at least have cover images, though. Could you use those?
    Yeah, that's the funny part, the three of my songs had cover art and a custom thumbnail (which are like the cover art, but with a "Music!" warning text on top of it.

The three of them have kept their cover arts in full-size, but just the third one kept a big thumbnail.

My gallery (for checking the thumbs):
    https://www.weasyl.com/submissions/playpossum

The three submissions (for checking the cover arts):
    https://www.weasyl.com/submission/98...n-ooooo-oo-ooo
    https://www.weasyl.com/submission/63...m-back-bitches
    https://www.weasyl.com/submission/41...lug-me-a-heart

If you want me to keep these untouched for analysis, let me know, else I'll fix them manually later tonight.

Weasyl
    Karla-Chan
    I am really liking the new Thumbs a lot actually. The look very nice. Like honestly I dislike dA's since it can be horrible with lots of gaps which I really don't like. I really like how everything is very smoothly close together and grouped together. I know it sounds a little thing, but honestly for an art site how the art looks can make a huge difference I think.

So yeah, I am really welcoming this new change!

Weasyl
    sp
    I find their idea of fixing the problem funny.
    They expect you to download something to fix the the grid problem (Doesn't fix the size problem), I no longer trust weasyl and I won't risk my computer in an attempt to half fix something they've screwed up.
    If this problem isn't properly fixed soon (without the need to install crap) I'm thinking of mothballing my account.

I regret all the nice things I said about weasyl now, this site is starting to seem just as bad as FA.

Weasyl
    Heuvadoches
    Hate it. Don't want it. Where's the option to show the old looK?
    Main Repository at SoFurry

THE NEW THUMBS SUCK

Weasyl
    KajTaotsu
    Quote Originally Posted by s_p View Post
    I find their idea of fixing the problem funny.
    They expect you to download something to fix the the grid problem (Doesn't fix the size problem), I no longer trust weasyl and I won't risk my computer in an attempt to half fix something they've screwed up.
    If this problem isn't properly fixed soon (without the need to install crap) I'm thinking of mothballing my account.

I regret all the nice things I said about weasyl now, this site is starting to seem just as bad as FA.
    Dude theres only so much that we as the user community can do to have temporary fixes for updates if you dont like them. The Stylish addon that Storm has provided, as a user and not staff, only affects how the page is organized pretty much, offering the grid instead of flow. Changing the size and amount of submissions shown on a page are built into the site and cant be edited by 3rd party software.

This update was literally just put out yesterday, give the staff some time to figure out what they want/need to do next.

Also putting Weasyl on the same pedestal as FA is a huge slap in the face to everyone that uses and works on this site. They've been more than grateful for user feedback, ideas, input, theyre on top of keeping users in the know with info and issues, and work constantly to make this place better. It's like telling your server at a high-end restaurant is just as bad as McD's because the burger you just ordered had onions on it and you dont like onions, even if it was a total mistake and they would fix it right asap. The product may not be perfect, but it's still higher quality than what is at other places. Compared to FA and what has happened over the 8 years Ive personally been over there, this site has been pretty damn spot-on.
    Even after the darkest nights, morning always comes.

Hungry? Check out my gallery for recipes!

Weasyl
    Heuvadoches
    Quote Originally Posted by KajTaotsu View Post
    Also putting Weasyl on the same pedestal as FA is a huge slap in the face to everyone that uses and works on this site.
    The truth hurts.
    Main Repository at SoFurry

THE NEW THUMBS SUCK