Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Pushing Boundaries

Weasyl
    N/A
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics
    "You are what you do not do." - Relax

Weasyl
    sp
    Last edited by s_p; 07-08-2015 at 01:22 PM.

Weasyl
    RedSavage
    The childishness is real.

Weasyl
    N/A
    I'm glad someone else said it. You just gotta give 'em enough rope.
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics

Absolutely lovely! The tiny, custom thumbnails made browsing the site a chore.
    Very much psyched about this feature! :}

Does that mean it's the end of custom submission thumbnails? Is the option to turn them off coming, or will this come back to being "guess if the image is cropped or not!"/"bust or not?" game?

Weasyl
    Agitoho
    Well, it's starting to grow on me. I do think maybe the thumbnails themselves are a bit too big, but I still like it.

I also didn't know that people seemed to be using thumbnails to hide, um... surprises (I was always under the impression that just the size of them was the biggest issue). I used to make thumbnails of my characters' faces because to me, that was the most important part of the pic and hopefully it made people curious about what the rest of the character looked like. Knowing that this seems to have negative reactions makes me wonder how many people I've unintentionally scared off...

It sort of has me rethinking what to do with my comic, as I can see using custom thumbnails as a good way to hide spoilers. I suppose I'll figure out a way to deal with it (and it may not even be that big of a deal for me, as I don't really know if anyone is actually reading my comic anyway, ha ha).
    No matter what happens, I will have always produced more visible work on my solo project than Ken Penders has on his in the last five years.

I write and draw a manga. It's like a backwards comic. Give it shot, bro.

"You can't just slap "& Knuckles" onto everything." & Knuckles

Weasyl
    RedSavage
    Generally if you're not trying to hide hard-alternative content then I don't mind it. In fact, sometimes its welcome, as is the case of people who create custom thumbnails that actually list off the content right there.

General SFW and comic thumbnailing is generally fine imho.

Weasyl
    spur
    For furs whining about how much they hate it, give it a week. If you still hate it, then at least you'll be able to intelligently explain why you do, instead of "It's different! I hate it! I'm gonna leave unless you bow to my demands and get rid of it entirely! Waaah~!"

Weasyl
    sp
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkCat View Post
    I'm glad someone else said it. You just gotta give 'em enough rope.
    You're no better.

Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    Yes, you're right. SoFurry is absolutely outstanding. The site. I applaud the site. The community is a joke. I'm calling you a reflection of it.
    So you're an outstanding member of the fandom?
    Its because of people like you and DrunkCat trolling people you don't agree with is the main reason the fandom is in the state its in and why furs take so much abuse from non furs.

I've made my point on the thumbnails, I'm getting sick of repeating myself.
    I'll leave it to others now.

I added DrunkCat to my ignore list.
    Some people aren't worth the time of day.
    Last edited by s_p; 07-08-2015 at 03:28 PM.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Trolling? If "wastes so much space" is seriously such a deal breaker to you then just leave.