Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Pushing Boundaries

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1

Weasyl
    Hendikins

Pushing Boundaries

Weasyl
    RedSavage
    Hot damn y'all do good work.

Weasyl
    Swanda
    Oh yes, Finally Aaaaaaaaaaarrrh, too much joy for wording right now

..PLEASE tell me that there'll be an option to keep the thumbnails aligned in a proper grid.

Weasyl
    RedSavage
    Quote Originally Posted by drake View Post
    ..PLEASE tell me that there'll be an option to keep the thumbnails aligned in a proper grid.

Well you can't please everybody all the time, I suppose.

This is great, the thumbnails were my only issue with this website. Keep up the good work.

i have to agree with drake, i like having organized thumbnails. don't get me wrong, i like the dynamic thumbnails, but for certain tasks it's best to have square ones. regretfully i probably will leave weasyl if there's no option to have grid thumbnails.

It would be stupidly amazing if there was an option to keep this feature enabled or disabled at will, or even set it differently for different parts of the website! For example, I myself would find this an amazing mechanic for browsing, but I also think the classic thumbnails work just perfect for gallery previews (as in, when in the user's homepage).

Weasyl
    Sparkyopteryx
    While I can agree that getting as clean a look as possible is crucial, since full thumbnails are not going to be of a uniform dimension anymore (judging by the previews at least), there's only so much of a perfect grid you can get. Although with custom thumbnails I can see that happening, providing their size is the same.

I for one am overjoyed to hear this! A good thumbnail reworking at last. I know multiple artists that said literally the only thing that kept them from using Weasyl more was the limiting thumbnail dimensions so I'm hoping this helps usability for some.

I agree, I love it for browsing, but for the submission notification screen the regularity of the grid makes it so much easier to go through and select the specific images.