Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Pushing Boundaries

I get a similar problem using iOS 8.4 on iPhone 5 with browsers Safari, Dolphin 8.8.0, and Google Chrome 43.0.2357.61. Seems like it's not just Agitoho's or my profile doing this; I checked other profiles and some of them have it too.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #202

Weasyl
    Hendikins
    Quote Originally Posted by Agitoho View Post
    Android 4.2.2
    Chrome Version 43.0.2357.93
    Have you tried this in Firefox for Android? This may help us determine whether the problem is specific to the Webkit rendering engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime_Flv_Dragon View Post
    I get a similar problem using iOS 8.4 on iPhone 5 with browsers Safari, Dolphin 8.8.0, and Google Chrome 43.0.2357.61. Seems like it's not just Agitoho's or my profile doing this; I checked other profiles and some of them have it too.
    Apple does not allow shipping your own renderer on iOS, so if it's broken in Safari it's broken in all browsers. One of my many peeves with that particular platform...

Weasyl
    Onnes
    Quote Originally Posted by Agitoho View Post
    I hope an imgur link is okay. http://i.imgur.com/TtCXDlR.png
    I remember that when the new layout first rolled out, it looked similar on my smartphone. Now, though, every page I check looks fine. I'm running the same version of Chrome on android, but I'm on Android 5.1.1. I would have thought using Chrome or another non-webview browser would avoid issues relating to outdated Android versions.

Weasyl
    Agitoho
    I just tried it through Firefox. For some reason, it just seems to be loading up my profile page incorrectly, so I guess it's a not a problem with android or the browsers, my page is just wonky for some reason. I did notice that other profiles I clicked on have two submissions displayed while mine seems to be trying to display 6 (maybe because they're taller?).
    No matter what happens, I will have always produced more visible work on my solo project than Ken Penders has on his in the last five years.

I write and draw a manga. It's like a backwards comic. Give it shot, bro.

"You can't just slap "& Knuckles" onto everything." & Knuckles

Weasyl
    Heuvadoches
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagos View Post
    For those of you who have been complaining about misleading thumbnails, we've added an option to disable custom thumbnails for visual submissions under site preferences:

https://www.weasyl.com/control/editpreferences

I know this doesn't help people who have had the opposite, negative experiences with more, hm, 'startling' content on the pages or other grievances. One thing at a time, you know.

EDIT: Found a bug on this in search results: It can strip the thumbnails from multimedia/literary submissions in those places, where it shouldn't. Will try to get a fix out soon.

Is there an option to completely disable this thumbnail crap and go back to the old view?
    Main Repository at SoFurry

THE NEW THUMBS SUCK

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #206

Weasyl
    Fiz
    Quote Originally Posted by Heuvadoches View Post
    Is there an option to completely disable this thumbnail crap and go back to the old view?
    No. It's been stated several times that square thumbs will not return since they are no longer being generated.

Weasyl
    Flygon
    Having not really read the other 18-20 or so pages, are there any plans to enable reduced sized thumbnails (such as through browser-based scaling, rather than generating additional thumbs), and to be able to align them to a grid?

I find it difficult to use Weasyl at the moment, due to the thumbs never being in the same spot. Nevermind them also being gigantic. Browsing an image gallery shouldn't require effort to adjust for each different row, it's a bloody nuisance.

Weasyl
    Uluri
    I really like the Thumbnails being the size that you have them. I don't think I've ever watched so many artists in such little time because I can Actually SEE their fantastic art! Thank you so much for helping improve my ability to find awesome artists!

A definite fan of the new system here. I'm still on FA because, like Clyde Barrow said when asked why he robbed banks, that's where the money is. However, when it comes to browsing art for my own enjoyment, I come to Weasyl, and unlike FA or dA, I like to browse the front page. Between the thumbnails that give you a nice, clear view of the art, and the Recently Popular feature, browsing Weasyl's front page is enjoyable in a way that the other two sites just isn't. Kudos on a job well done!

Weasyl
    Heuvadoches
    Quote Originally Posted by Flygon View Post
    I find it difficult to use Weasyl at the moment, due to the thumbs never being in the same spot. Nevermind them also being gigantic. Browsing an image gallery shouldn't require effort to adjust for each different row, it's a bloody nuisance.
    Same. I prefer a nice, orderly layout. The chaos of the front page bothers me.
    Main Repository at SoFurry

THE NEW THUMBS SUCK