Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Pushing Boundaries

Quote Originally Posted by Ois View Post
    Sorry, I'm a bit confused by what you mean here. Could you go over what you are after and I'll take a look tomorrow. If it looks like this will flood over into this thread, I'll take the conversation over to private messages.
    I don't think Stylish can do that - what I mean is that I assume under this new system, pages don't always load the same number of items per page? This way it can adapt the images loaded to fit "nicely".

I could be wrong though, in which case never mind that.

Weasyl
    Storm
    Here you go:

Custom Weasyl: Grid view thumbnails

- - - Updated - - -

As for the number of thumbs, yes that is in the system, we can't change that from the outside... BUT!!! If Weasyl implements just as much as an option in your settings for how many thumbs to display - a feature that should be implemented anyway IMO - it could work fine in conjunction with the User Styles.
    - Storm ~ "Sic itur ad astra per aspera." [Commission info]

This is literally the worst thing I've ever seen done to this site. The old design of thumbnail was a neat grid, this new one is hell to navigate around on. PLEASE revert back to the old way of doing it and keep square thumbnails, if you really want to improve them just make them have a bigger area.

The restore thumbnail tool seems to have gotten most of mine back to the way they were, but a lot are not right on where they are selecting. The suggestion of holding down shift doesn't work to keep it square. Why can't we select that it's just keeps the old format on new thumbnails? Or have a button that keeps it allows us to select an area and have it scaled to the old size?

Weasyl
    teckworks
    I'm not sure something a simple as gridless organization is something others have to jump ship over. Personally I am totally fine with the asymmetrical look. I've had my fill of grids for years, especially with all of the modern day designers fawning over the whole "squares and grids are love" concept, so it's refreshing to see something different~ Considering what other things the staff COULD have done with the thumbnails I hardly think this is the worst.
    Best signature ever.
    tumblr | deviantART | YouTube
    Impact font makes everything awesome.

I just want to reiterate and clarify; I don't mind the layout of the new thumbnails nearly as much as the size.

The size of the thumbnails is controlled by CSS, right? How about a user-selectable option of small/medium/large. Small would be 60% of the current size (150px height at 1080p), Medium would be 80% of normal (200px height) and large would be 100% of the current height (250px).

I would still prefer a grid layout on the notification screen, but I can understand not wanting to write a crapton of extra CSS just for that.

Weasyl
    Storm
    Love people who go butthurt about no grid, RIGHT UNDER my post with a HUGE RED link in it to a user style crating a grid view.

Well, I tried that add on, it didn't work :/

Weasyl
    spur
    Well, I for one love this new look~!

My only issue with it is that because the thumbnails show so much, they sometimes replace the need to actually click on them to view the full picture. It would be interesting to see how overall view counts are affected in the long term.

Weasyl
    Storm
    Quote Originally Posted by anubis_werewolf View Post
    Well, I tried that add on, it didn't work :/
    How so? Maybe we can help you.

You first need to install the addon, then you need to install one of the versions of my User Style. The install buttons on the Styles will work once the Stylish addon is installed.

You can also go to your Stylish and check i the Style is installed and activated.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spur View Post
    My only issue with it is that because the thumbnails show so much, they sometimes replace the need to actually click on them
    I believe that is only really an issue with icons and the like. I mean, if you look at a thumb and you don't open it then you probably won't like it anyway.

Yeah, I downloaded it and installed it. I went back to my Weasyl page and it was still the same