Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Pushing Boundaries

Weasyl
    grompe
    This is perfect, now the remaining thumbnails that showed character faces but were actually fullbody pictures can be displayed properly!

Also I find the thumbnail dimensions to be just fine. Users may not be used to such sudden increase, but keep in mind: scrolling is very easy.

What could be further improved is thumbnail filesize. I find it too big, especially for PNG images. I also noticed in case of JPEG it contains a copy of all metadata, which I don't think is necessary. I think JPEG quality of 85 would be sufficient, and PNG images that have no transparency could also have JPEG thumbnails.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagos View Post
    For those of you who have been complaining about misleading thumbnails, we've added an option to disable custom thumbnails for visual submissions under site preferences:

https://www.weasyl.com/control/editpreferences

I know this doesn't help people who have had the opposite, negative experiences with more, hm, 'startling' content on the pages or other grievances. One thing at a time, you know.

EDIT: Found a bug on this in search results: It can strip the thumbnails from multimedia/literary submissions in those places, where it shouldn't. Will try to get a fix out soon.
    I don't understand, what does this do?

Weasyl
    grompe
    Quote Originally Posted by anubis_werewolf View Post
    I don't understand, what does this do?
    Now you can force thumbnails to always display complete picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Grom PE View Post
    Now you can force thumbnails to always display complete picture.
    what do you mean? Display the complete pic? Like the whole pic is seen as the thumbnail?

Uploaders have the option of selecting a smaller section of the image to make a thumbnail from. Many artists make the stupid decision of having that smaller section be a super-close-up of a face, making it very difficult to see that no this is not an icon but an actual full image with actual details. This new option tells Weasyl you don't care about the artist's thumbnail, just use the default shrunken-version-of-the-full-pic thumbnail.

Weasyl
    Agitoho
    So, I checked out my profile on my Alcatel smartphone. My thumbnails are sort of all over the place right now. A full row of three, then the next row just has one pic in the middle, then the next two rows have one pic all the way over to the left. Is anyone else having similar errors on their phone or do I need to tweak mine somehow?
    No matter what happens, I will have always produced more visible work on my solo project than Ken Penders has on his in the last five years.

I write and draw a manga. It's like a backwards comic. Give it shot, bro.

"You can't just slap "& Knuckles" onto everything." & Knuckles

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #197

Weasyl
    Fiz
    Quote Originally Posted by Agitoho View Post
    So, I checked out my profile on my Alcatel smartphone. My thumbnails are sort of all over the place right now. A full row of three, then the next row just has one pic in the middle, then the next two rows have one pic all the way over to the left. Is anyone else having similar errors on their phone or do I need to tweak mine somehow?
    Are you able to take a screencap of what your seeing with your phone? Would help us visualize what the issue is

Weasyl
    Agitoho
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiz View Post
    Are you able to take a screencap of what your seeing with your phone? Would help us visualize what the issue is
    I hope an imgur link is okay. http://i.imgur.com/TtCXDlR.png
    No matter what happens, I will have always produced more visible work on my solo project than Ken Penders has on his in the last five years.

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #199

Weasyl
    Fiz
    Quote Originally Posted by Agitoho View Post
    I hope an imgur link is okay. http://i.imgur.com/TtCXDlR.png
    We're having a hard time replicating this. Which OS version are you running on the phone, which browser and which version of the browser?

Weasyl
    Agitoho
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiz View Post
    We're having a hard time replicating this. Which OS version are you running on the phone, which browser and which version of the browser?
    Android 4.2.2
    Chrome Version 43.0.2357.93