Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast
    Weasyl
    Butterflygoddess
    Quote Originally Posted by Damian View Post
    I thinj asexuality should be considered in the spectrum because they can and do have relationships that other people would perceive as homosexual and dent them rights otherwise. For example, homosexual man dating an asexual man. No one is gonna be "oh you're asexual? Oh well you're okay then." it's similar to how bisexuals are treated but not quite the same as they have their own differences.

And for anyone that actually values intelligence, here is a link explaining how people are more than just X and Y chromosomes http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB100014...34030532617704. FtM transsexuals identify as men because that is how the brain is wired. Vice versa for MtF transsexuals. We are more than just chromosomes and it's stupid to think otherwise.
    Ah, didn't think of it like that Damian. ;3

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Damian View Post
    We are more than just chromosomes and it's stupid to think otherwise.
    Depends on what you mean by "we". I mean, think about the fact that their brain is XX but their body is XY. It's still constrained by the same biological markers and that's why it's dysphoria. It's better said that we are just chemicals in a meat bag.
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics
    "You are what you do not do." - Relax

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkCat View Post
    Depends on what you mean by "we". I mean, think about the fact that their brain is XX but their body is XY. It's still constrained by the same biological markers and that's why it's dysphoria. It's better said that we are just chemicals in a meat bag.
    No one is denying that the chromosomes are XX or XY. I'm pointing out that the logic of ONLY going by XX or XY is flawed ar best.
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.

Weasyl
    N/A
    But you are still only going by XX or XY. The brain activity was measured against only XX or XY.
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics

Weasyl
    Toshabi
    That's just science.

Weasyl
    Butterflygoddess
    Sex and Gender are different things anyway.

Weasyl
    Namba
    Heh, man, it's so nice to see FB no longer be about Confederate drama and see some positive, rainbow skittly goodness all over my feed. It's the best <3

Weasyl
    MalevolentMask
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterflygoddess View Post
    Sex and Gender are different things anyway.
    Pretty much and in terms of sex and chromosomes, has anyone brought up Intersex? Especially if we're talking about sex and chromosomes. I was always baffled when I had learned about intersex, especially this little quote-

"-So nature doesn’t decide where the category of “male” ends and the category of “intersex” begins, or where the category of “intersex” ends and the category of “female” begins. Humans decide. Humans (today, typically doctors) decide how small a penis has to be, or how unusual a combination of parts has to be, before it counts as intersex. " (Intersex website)

Weasyl
    N/A
    Not to detract from that but ISNA closed in 2008 and intersex is a condition that happens outside our species as well. Also that quote is slightly disingenuous but not enough to warrant the tangent.

Quote Originally Posted by Malevolentmask View Post
    Pretty much and in terms of sex and chromosomes, has anyone brought up Intersex? Especially if we're talking about sex and chromosomes. I was always baffled when I had learned about intersex, especially this little quote-

"-So nature doesn’t decide where the category of “male” ends and the category of “intersex” begins, or where the category of “intersex” ends and the category of “female” begins. Humans decide. Humans (today, typically doctors) decide how small a penis has to be, or how unusual a combination of parts has to be, before it counts as intersex. " (Intersex website)
    If your condition can be adequately described as a "birth defect" I don't think that qualifies as a separate sexuality so much as an unfortunate circumstance.
    Get a loada this guy here.
    https://twitter.com/DogdongD