Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    Domnul Eduard
    Despite the fact that I was joking, that is some very enlightening information there, DrunkCat. Thank you for sharing them.

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    Popping in here to remind people that no, you are not entitled to your opinion outside of taste (i.e. Vanilla over chocolate).

Your are entitled only to what you can successfully argue for.

Weasyl
    KajTaotsu
    Think about the Gay Divorce Court TV shows that're gonna pop up from is though, it'll be fabulous.

In all seriousness though, I woke up to the news yesterday and it fuckin made my day completely. Later on though, I heard that Texas, state I live in also, started denying licenses a few hours after they had been given the okay due to the pre-existing ban before the SCOTUS decision. State laws can/do overrule federal in certain situations when state law is more constricting, but has anyone heard any updates on this incident? With the SCOTUS decision basically making the law 'unconstitutional', would it end up getting revoked and citizens be able to have SSM again?
    Even after the darkest nights, morning always comes.

Hungry? Check out my gallery for recipes!

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #144

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    Quote Originally Posted by KajTaotsu View Post
    Think about the Gay Divorce Court TV shows that're gonna pop up from is though, it'll be fabulous.

In all seriousness though, I woke up to the news yesterday and it fuckin made my day completely. Later on though, I heard that Texas, state I live in also, started denying licenses a few hours after they had been given the okay due to the pre-existing ban before the SCOTUS decision. State laws can/do overrule federal in certain situations when state law is more constricting, but has anyone heard any updates on this incident? With the SCOTUS decision basically making the law 'unconstitutional', would it end up getting revoked and citizens be able to have SSM again?
    So a Supreme Court decision doesn't actually rewrite state legislature. The laws are still on the books, though usually the state will stop enforcing them because they'd fall at the first legal challenge now that SCOTUS precedent against it exists. Texas is just being obstinate and as soon as any couple denied a marriage license files suit the courts will force them to start issuing same-sex marriages.
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

Weasyl
    Vae
    Quote Originally Posted by TeenageAngst View Post
    Desperation for what power? Stop caring so much what I think if it bothers you.
    Oh, don't get the wording wrong. I don't think you have power over shit.
    Unlike the other people arguing this point, I don't think it erases anything for someone else, but I do think it's a pointlessly contradictory action.

I asked you if you wanted to portray that image, because that's what you're doing.
    There's no needle to poke yourself with, no tokens to shove up your ass, no reason at all that it should bother you to regard someone as the gender they present to you. And you've still not given a reason outside of "because I said so."
    If it's not desperation, what is it?
    Why do you care what people want to identify as? What other purpose could it possibly serve?

Going "no" to everything, without logic behind it, is best left to the children still learning to talk.
    Resident Koopa Trash

Weasyl
    GlaringFeline
    Quote Originally Posted by Eduard View Post
    Okay, guays, I understood: Gay Marriage has been legalized in USA.
    But what about Gay Divorce?

Or I take it Gay Marriage is so much more fabulous than the traditional one that it guarantees no breakups?
    Actually, that isn't too far from the truth. I don't remember where I read it, but homosexual couples actually divorce less than heterosexual couples.
    -Insert inspirational quote here-

Why do you care what people want to identify as? What other purpose could it possibly serve?
    Because it's intellectually dishonest. If there's one thing that grinds my gears (wrong topic I'm afraid) it's disingenuousness. I don't humor people easily.
    Get a loada this guy here.
    https://twitter.com/DogdongD

Weasyl
    KajTaotsu
    Quote Originally Posted by piņardilla View Post
    So a Supreme Court decision doesn't actually rewrite state legislature. The laws are still on the books, though usually the state will stop enforcing them because they'd fall at the first legal challenge now that SCOTUS precedent against it exists. Texas is just being obstinate and as soon as any couple denied a marriage license files suit the courts will force them to start issuing same-sex marriages.
    That's what I was thinking, so it's pretty much just a matter of time before Abbott has his head torn from his ass and told to obey the law before he's kicked from his seat.
    Even after the darkest nights, morning always comes.

Hungry? Check out my gallery for recipes!

Weasyl
    N/A
    What GlaringFeline says is half-true.

Currently, Gay males divorce less than Hetero-couples.
    However Lesbians divorce more than both- OR just Heteros.

Edit: Here's 2 I had saved, I'll try to find the others later.

These 2 are from 2004,
    Divorce patterns in Same-Sex, in Norway & Sweden
    Same-sex unions and divorce risks: Sweden
    Last edited by Kurk2288; 06-27-2015 at 06:52 PM.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by GlaringFeline View Post
    Actually, that isn't too far from the truth. I don't remember where I read it, but homosexual couples actually divorce less than heterosexual couples.
    That gap is going to quickly close now. Being an asshole is just a thing our species does.
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics
    "You are what you do not do." - Relax