Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Gardening

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    nope, its okay
    like most vines, they'll grow wherever they can (so make sure to keep it in check or it could choke out your other plants)

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #42
    Weasyl
    Noxid

Weasyl
    N/A
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics
    "You are what you do not do." - Relax

Weasyl
    N/A
    Those are coming along brilliantly, DrunkCat! Just to confirm, those are the sunflowers you had started at the beginning of this thread? ;o

I'm thinking next year I'll be able to start a garden, just gotta decide on which to grow and do a bit of research for the upkeep of them. For sure though there will be at least one garlic plant!

Weasyl
    N/A
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics

Weasyl
    N/A

Weasyl
    NachtWolfES
    I just grow a single variety of chili peppers... I have too many chili peppers that I don't use x.x

Weasyl
    Umbra.Exe
    My cacti seem to be getting less bugs on them now. I've trimmed the pads off that were yellowed and ugly from all the insects on them. I also clipped off pads that were too close to each other and were harboring bugs between them, and that seems to have helped as well. I think the main problem is that these plants are too close to each other. Their pads grow too close to one another, and the bugs like to hide in between. So, like I said, I've trimmed them up a bit, hoping that will help.

There's one cactus plant that's much further away from the rest, and it seems to be doing pretty well. It's yielded a few prickly pears already, and has several more still growing. I wonder if the distance from the others and the amount of light it's getting are factors to its health. The other plants get some shade since they're near some trees, but this one gets full sun most of the day. There's another cactus that's also more isolated, but it's in the shade, and is actually the first one I noticed these bugs on...

The other cacti have given a few fruits as well, but not as much as the healthiest one is currently growing. At least I don't have to worry as much about that plant!

Weasyl
    N/A

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    Been quite busy lately but my bamboo is really taking off, its goin craaazy