Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Pokemon Discussion

Weasyl
    Joybit
    Quote Originally Posted by GlaringFeline View Post
    Some hackers hacked one of the recent games and they found out there's supposed to be two more gen 6 games released. What they are is speculation for right now. I want another shadow Pokemon game and/or another battle simulator(like battle revolution) since they did the Ruby/Sapphire remakes but it probably won't happen.
    There's a rumor of at least an anniversary Yellow remake floating around, this would certainly aid that theory. I'd be down for a remake on Gen 1 on the new engine.
    Rinpoe the Ringtail Fox and Joybit the Rock Dove
    Live in this profile
    --> 01B6D8CF <--

Weasyl
    GlaringFeline
    Quote Originally Posted by Misomie View Post
    @Haroo- Nintendo is great with console releases. The give a good two years before they even start to make you move on. The xl, 2ds, and 3ds are all the same but different designs for different games. The New 3DS though might debut gen 7~
    If they make gen 7, I hope it doesn't come out for a long time. Gen 5 only lasted a few years, but they could have made it go a looong time more like they did with gens 4 and 3. The excitement for a new generation was the best part of getting new generations, and Nintendo is slowly killing that.

For the console releases, it shouldn't even be that soon. There's a huge time gap between the DS and the DSi release and I miss that a lot. People were wondering when a new handheld console would come out and then when the DSi came out that was the shit until they released the 3DS a year or two later. This generation of consoles lack the excitement they had back then. Now a new generation of consoles is coming out every couple years and that killed the excitement of console releases. It used to be "OMG THANK U NINTENDO IT'S ABOUT TIME!", now it's "oh, you put out another console. cool."

Another example of this is when Nintendo made the switch from the GameCube to the Wii. Everyone was excited about it because they haven't gotten a new T.V console for a while. This can even be seen with Sony when they went from the PS2 to the PS3 and Microsoft when they went from the Xbox to the Xbox360. They need to put consoles out every 4-5 years so people can really enjoy them. Because consoles are coming out so often I'm starting to skip them, wait until they put out something really new(not just rehashes of existing consoles) and then get that and reverse-compatible games.

EDIT: I'm all for releasing better game consoles, but not so fast.
    Last edited by GlaringFeline; 08-21-2015 at 05:50 PM.
    -Insert inspirational quote here-

Weasyl
    Misomie
    Quote Originally Posted by GlaringFeline View Post
    If they make gen 7, I hope it doesn't come out for a long time. Gen 5 only lasted a few years, but they could have made it go a looong time more like they did with gens 4 and 3. The excitement for a new generation was the best part of getting new generations, and Nintendo is slowly killing that.

For the console releases, it shouldn't even be that soon. There's a huge time gap between the DS and the DSi release and I miss that a lot. People were wondering when a new handheld console would come out and then when the DSi came out that was the shit until they released the 3DS a year or two later. This generation of consoles lack the excitement they had back then. Now a new generation of consoles is coming out every couple years and that killed the excitement of console releases. It used to be "OMG THANK U NINTENDO IT'S ABOUT TIME!", now it's "oh, you put out another console. cool."

Another example of this is when Nintendo made the switch from the GameCube to the Wii. Everyone was excited about it because they haven't gotten a new T.V console for a while. This can even be seen with Sony when they went from the PS2 to the PS3 and Microsoft when they went from the Xbox to the Xbox360. They need to put consoles out every 4-5 years so people can really enjoy them. Because consoles are coming out so often I'm starting to skip them, wait until they put out something really new(not just rehashes of existing consoles) and then get that and reverse-compatible games.

EDIT: I'm all for releasing better game consoles, but not so fast.
    The DSi was more of an inbetweeny like the color was to gameboy and like how the N3ds is to the 3ds. I wouldn't really refer to it as it's own console as it didn't have exclusive physical games but did have the apps. The 3ds did come out in early 2011 while th n3ds was late 2014 (so just under four years).

Don't get me wrong, the 3ds is my favorite console with a ton of awesome games. It's going to be around for a good two more years before the N3ds becomes th new king. Heck, there might be a new handheld in the works with the N3ds just being a stepping stone (Gameboy to advance to Ds to 3ds with all their stepping stones in between).

Gen seven probably won't be for a year or two (or more yet). I'd love to see the game take advantage of the N3ds' power and capabilities. Gen six did come out in 2013 so it will probably live to be four or so.

Anyways, I am extremely excited for the new PMD. I need to find out where to preorder so I get that awesome new theme.

Weasyl
    maugryph
    Quote Originally Posted by misomie View Post
    the dsi was more of an inbetweeny like the color was to gameboy and like how the n3ds is to the 3ds. I wouldn't really refer to it as it's own console as it didn't have exclusive physical games but did have the apps. The 3ds did come out in early 2011 while th n3ds was late 2014 (so just under four years).

Don't get me wrong, the 3ds is my favorite console with a ton of awesome games. It's going to be around for a good two more years before the n3ds becomes th new king. Heck, there might be a new handheld in the works with the n3ds just being a stepping stone (gameboy to advance to ds to 3ds with all their stepping stones in between).

Gen seven probably won't be for a year or two (or more yet). I'd love to see the game take advantage of the n3ds' power and capabilities. Gen six did come out in 2013 so it will probably live to be four or so.

Anyways, i am extremely excited for the new pmd. I need to find out where to preorder so i get that awesome new theme.
    pmd?

Weasyl
    Misomie
    Quote Originally Posted by maugryph View Post
    pmd?
    Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.

Weasyl
    GlaringFeline
    Quote Originally Posted by Misomie View Post
    The DSi was more of an inbetweeny like the color was to gameboy and like how the N3ds is to the 3ds. I wouldn't really refer to it as it's own console as it didn't have exclusive physical games but did have the apps. The 3ds did come out in early 2011 while th n3ds was late 2014 (so just under four years).

Don't get me wrong, the 3ds is my favorite console with a ton of awesome games. It's going to be around for a good two more years before the N3ds becomes th new king. Heck, there might be a new handheld in the works with the N3ds just being a stepping stone (Gameboy to advance to Ds to 3ds with all their stepping stones in between).

Gen seven probably won't be for a year or two (or more yet). I'd love to see the game take advantage of the N3ds' power and capabilities. Gen six did come out in 2013 so it will probably live to be four or so.

Anyways, I am extremely excited for the new PMD. I need to find out where to preorder so I get that awesome new theme.
    I consider the DSi a console of it's own, and it did have exclusive physical games. Very few, but it did. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ninten...ftware_library I do agree with your stepping stones analogy, however, just because it's another step doesn't mean it should be excluded as a console of it's own(the DSi added a camera to the DS line, that's pretty awesome).

I hope that the 3DS will be around for those two more years before the N3DS is released. If the N3DS is another step, I hope they don't run up the stairs and put out the final step a year or two later.

Same. I hope Nintendo releases a lot of sidegames for gen six before seven comes out like they did with gens 3 and 4; gen 5 didn't have a lot of side games at all.

I'm excited for the new PMD as well, I wanna see Arceus in all it's glory in 3d.

Weasyl
    Dreamline
    So Pokemon Mystery Dungeon has been announced to release in America on November 20th, with it being released in Japan on September 17th. We're getting close!

In other news:

"There are times when all the world's asleep,
    The questions run too deep
    For such a simple man.
    Won't you please, please tell me what we've learned
    I know it sounds absurd
    But please tell me who I am."

Supertramp - The Logical Song

Weasyl
    maugryph
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamline View Post
    So Pokemon Mystery Dungeon has been announced to release in America on November 20th, with it being released in Japan on September 17th. We're getting close!

In other news:

Sweet. I knew it would be coming for the Wii U. If it only came out in the arcades like organically planed, it would have been a missed opportunity on Nintendo's part.

I've been craving a pokemon game, what do all think of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gate to Infinity?

Weasyl
    Joybit
    I'm glad we're getting a console port. Not like I couldn't accommodate the arcade hardware in my apartment (I already own quite a few arcade boards) but I wasn't ready to see the market value for the hardware (expecting it to be hella expensive.)
    Last edited by Joybit; 08-25-2015 at 01:39 PM.
    Rinpoe the Ringtail Fox and Joybit the Rock Dove
    Live in this profile
    --> 01B6D8CF <--

Weasyl
    GlaringFeline
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamline View Post

In other news:

Now I really want a WiiU. ;-;