Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Pokemon Discussion

Weasyl
    Eagle GodHeart
    dang... ok thats it once i have the $ im going to have a VERY hard time decideding weather to get a wii U or a art tablet or somthing....
    it takes a real man to call sin out by its real name
    -anonomus

אב, סלח להם; כי הם לא יודעים מה הם עושים
    -ישועה

profile pic by uncle-noob on teen furs.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #32
    Weasyl
    Tiger
    So I got Pokemon Shuffle Mobile for my phone and it's really fun! I'm on stage 43 right now. The only thing I don't like about it is that you only get 5 lives to start with and the replenish at one every 30 minutes, but then most phone and FB games are time related like that so meh.

I got it on my DS too just to see if that version didn't have the life limit but it does I wish there was a mode where I could just endlessly play without lives.

Weasyl
    Eagle GodHeart
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    So I got Pokemon Shuffle Mobile for my phone and it's really fun! I'm on stage 43 right now. The only thing I don't like about it is that you only get 5 lives to start with and the replenish at one every 30 minutes, but then most phone and FB games are time related like that so meh.

I got it on my DS too just to see if that version didn't have the life limit but it does I wish there was a mode where I could just endlessly play without lives.
    i know right? reah it is a pain... but yeah right now im somewhere in the candy area.
    it takes a real man to call sin out by its real name
    -anonomus

אב, סלח להם; כי הם לא יודעים מה הם עושים
    -ישועה

profile pic by uncle-noob on teen furs.

Weasyl
    maugryph

Weasyl
    Dreamline

So this is going to be a thing.
    "There are times when all the world's asleep,
    The questions run too deep
    For such a simple man.
    Won't you please, please tell me what we've learned
    I know it sounds absurd
    But please tell me who I am."

Supertramp - The Logical Song

Weasyl
    GlaringFeline
    So, Nintendo is doing this event where they give out legendary Pokemon at Gamestop starting with Mew in February. I don't know if it's happening worldwide, so might wanna check around and see if it's happening where you are. I know I'm gonna go get some legendaries, I've been after a legitimate Arceus literally for years and my chance is coming; I was so pissed off when I missed the Global Link Arceus in 2012, oh my god you have no idea how livid my thirteen year-old self was.
    -Insert inspirational quote here-

Weasyl
    Dreamline

Sun And Moon shenanigans!

So they released their first major Pokemon Sun and Moon trailer, along with the three starters and the two legendary boxart Pokemon!

I never thought I'd see another Flying starter, but here we are! Heck, they all look pretty neat; I'm not even sure which one I would pick yet. D:

The Legends look pretty cool too! They definitely have the Sun and Moon theme on them, and seeing a Lion and Bat legend is pretty cool!
    "There are times when all the world's asleep,
    The questions run too deep
    For such a simple man.
    Won't you please, please tell me what we've learned
    I know it sounds absurd
    But please tell me who I am."

Supertramp - The Logical Song

Weasyl
    Antumbra
    Looks cool! I just hope this one is tougher than x/y. Without even grinding I was able to beat the Elite 4 without having a single Pokemon faint.

Weasyl
    GlaringFeline
    I don't have high hopes for Pokemon Sun and Moon. Generation 6 was a train wreck, the only good that came out of it was fairy types so that dragon types aren't so overpowered. I've been a fan of Pokemon all my life and it's a huge piece of my childhood, but I'm losing interest because it seems like Nintendo is milking it for as much money as they can get and stopped caring about the series. I'll still get merchandise of my favorite Pokemon if they put out some new stuff, but I'm probably not going to be buying the games unless they're remakes of D/P/Pt.
    -Insert inspirational quote here-

10.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #40
    Weasyl
    Menageriecat
    Quote Originally Posted by GlaringFeline View Post
    I don't have high hopes for Pokemon Sun and Moon. Generation 6 was a train wreck, the only good that came out of it was fairy types so that dragon types aren't so overpowered. I've been a fan of Pokemon all my life and it's a huge piece of my childhood, but I'm losing interest because it seems like Nintendo is milking it for as much money as they can get and stopped caring about the series. I'll still get merchandise of my favorite Pokemon if they put out some new stuff, but I'm probably not going to be buying the games unless they're remakes of D/P/Pt.
    Agreeing... I seen the starters and was excited at first, but looking more at the released content so far, I'm starting to have a "this will be a gen4 repeat for me" feeling (I did NOT like gen4, largely for the terrible evo's for maneton, magmar, electabuzz, tangela, and lickitung and how I felt that much of the pokemon were just desperate grabs for filling in that g4 quota..though arguably each gen has some terrible pokemon). ANYWAY, the starters don't really impress me. I'm hoping it'll be like g4: awful first evo's, awesome final evo's. I like the owl..but that's because it's an owl. The legendaries aren't impressive either.. I probably have some nostalgia bias going on. I hope they flesh these legendaries out a bit more. I feel like the title specific legendaries get a lot of attention and are fleshed out, like lugia, kyogre, reshiram, etc, but the 'lesser' legendaries get about no backing to them. I could tell you tons about Suicune, Raikou, and Entei, but I can't tell you ANYTHING about Cobalion, Virizion, or Terrakion (they're so forgettable to me that I had to google their names). I feel they largely gloss over these lesser legendaries in the later gens.

I think my excitement stems from it being a new installment, and my childhood excitement and curiosity for the new pokemon that will be in this new gen, and what new little features the new games will introduce. I mean, a LOT of us grew up with pokemon starting at g1, so there's that playing into it. The fact that the games are staying on the 3DS makes me happy.. that means I don't have to go out and buy a new system for ONE game. That was largely my issue with g4. The D&P looked weak to me, and the fact that I had to go out and buy a DS to play the games made me just go "....nope." When B/W came out, THAT'S when I got my DS. I got my 3DS as a gift afterwards...though with AS/OR, I would have went out to get a 3DS just for either game.

One other thing I don't like in regards with the new pokemon stuff, and this is a bit off topic but as it has appeared in the japanese anime and with pokemon sun and moon coming out I suspect this will be included in the games to some degree, is the fusion stuff. Zekrom or Reshiram fusing with Kyrem in b2/w2 was very, VERY digimon. In the recent episodes of the anime, there's Ash FUSING with his GRENINJA because of their 'strong bond'. For starters, that's Digimon DNA Digivolving, no getting away from that. Digimon is known for that when Pokemon was still growing. Secondly, greninja? Really? Pikachu has been is partner pokemon for 20yrs, and it's a GRENINJA he DNA Digivolves with?