Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Pokemon Discussion

Weasyl
    GlaringFeline

Pokemon Discussion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPQW-qc67pE I haven't played PMD: Gates to Infinity yet, but I heard it was trash compared to Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky. Is Nintendo releasing Super Mystery Dungeon as an apology for GTI? Discuss.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    Weasyl
    Tiger
    I never even beat GTI. It got too hard at the end and I got really frustrated and gave up. Plus it had less than 150 Pokemon in it (if I recall correctly). I didn't really like Explorers of Time, either.

I'm looking forward to this one, though, it looks okay and it's supposed to feature ALL the Pokemon. I'm definitely picking it up. I have over 300 hours on the first PMD.

Weasyl
    GlaringFeline
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    I never even beat GTI. It got too hard at the end and I got really frustrated and gave up. Plus it had less than 150 Pokemon in it (if I recall correctly). I didn't really like Explorers of Time, either.

I'm looking forward to this one, though, it looks okay and it's supposed to feature ALL the Pokemon. I'm definitely picking it up. I have over 300 hours on the first PMD.
    Less than 150? That's horrible! Even still, I want to get it and play it for myself so I can form my own opinion on it. I loved Time/Darkness, there was so much to do post-game and that was awesome!

I'm really glad that Arceus is finally going to be in a PMD game. Gen 4 has been out for about eight or so years now and they're finally adding it in. I don't remember how many hours I had on the first mystery dungeon, been way too long since I've played it.

Weasyl
    Zenmetsu
    I prefer the ranger series then the pmd series

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #5
    Weasyl
    Tiger
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenmetsu View Post
    I never played the Ranger series but I never got the appeal. I don't want to say much more about them not having played them. But man, the first PMD, that game was so addicting to me. I loved playing as the Pokemon, seeing how all the moves were translated on the playing field, recruiting new teammates, and how every dungeon was different.

Weasyl
    GlaringFeline
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenmetsu View Post
    I've played the first and second ranger games and I really liked them, not as much as pmd though. I really enjoyed the concept of befriending pokemon and not catching them, but I found it much more enjoyable to be the pokemon. Different tastes, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    I never played the Ranger series but I never got the appeal. I don't want to say much more about them not having played them. But man, the first PMD, that game was so addicting to me. I loved playing as the Pokemon, seeing how all the moves were translated on the playing field, recruiting new teammates, and how every dungeon was different.
    Never forget monster houses.
    -Insert inspirational quote here-

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #7
    Weasyl
    Tiger
    Quote Originally Posted by GlaringFeline View Post
    Never forget monster houses.
    Oooh, I had forgotten. After I beat the game I always played as Raikou, and mine knows Thunderbolt so the monster houses never stood a chance.

Weasyl
    MalevolentMask
    Dude, i'm so excited for the new PMD beyond belief. The only thing i'm a lil' disappointed with is that it seems like you'll only be able to start as a starter Pokemon. I liked how you could be various other like skitty or shinx.

I only played the first Pokemon Ranger but it was pretty fun.

On the topic of "other" Pokemon games, I would love to see a continuation to Pokemon Colosseum series that they had going.

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #9
    Weasyl
    Tiger
    Quote Originally Posted by Malevolentmask View Post
    Dude, i'm so excited for the new PMD beyond belief. The only thing i'm a lil' disappointed with is that it seems like you'll only be able to start as a starter Pokemon. I liked how you could be various other like skitty or shinx.
    That's true, but at least it's a large selection of Pokemon this time, unlike in the last one.

On the topic of "other" Pokemon games, I would love to see a continuation to Pokemon Colosseum series that they had going.
    SO MUCH YES. This was a great series that I would absolutely play more if they made more games.

Weasyl
    Toshabi
    It's hard to top Sky, but GTI wasn't bad at all. The story, however.... was really really weak.

Super Mystery Dungeon looks very promising, to say the least.