Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Pokemon Discussion

Weasyl
    GlaringFeline
    Anyone else hoping for Diamond/Pearl/Platinum remakes? My life would be complete since Diamond was my first main Pokemon game. My official first pokemon game was either Colosseum or Channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Toshabi View Post
    It's hard to top Sky, but GTI wasn't bad at all. The story, however.... was really really weak.

Super Mystery Dungeon looks very promising, to say the least.
    I read that the story for GTI was bad. I think Nintendo needs to stop worrying about being so kid-friendly and delve back into some darker plots like the Colosseum/XD ones, and the ghost Marowak from Red/Green; if Nintendo starts going back into darker territory, their plots will probably get better, and the genwunners won't have much to complain about.

Yeah, it does. I wanna get it when it comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Malevolentmask View Post
    On the topic of "other" Pokemon games, I would love to see a continuation to Pokemon Colosseum series that they had going.
    YESSSSSSS. But you have no idea how salty i'd be if they pussify the plot like they did with GTI.
    Last edited by GlaringFeline; 07-01-2015 at 06:53 PM.
    -Insert inspirational quote here-

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #12
    Weasyl
    Tiger
    Quote Originally Posted by GlaringFeline View Post
    Anyone else hoping for Diamond/Pearl/Platinum remakes? My life would be complete since Diamond was my first main Pokemon game. My official first pokemon game was either Colosseum or Channel.
    I'd be down for that. D/P/P was probably my least favorite out of all the generations but they did pretty good with the gen 2 and 3 remakes so I think a gen 4 would be good. The gen 1 remakes weren't too bad either, I haven't played my FireRed in years but I remember finding it much harder than Blue version.

Weasyl
    GlaringFeline
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    I'd be down for that. D/P/P was probably my least favorite out of all the generations but they did pretty good with the gen 2 and 3 remakes so I think a gen 4 would be good. The gen 1 remakes weren't too bad either, I haven't played my FireRed in years but I remember finding it much harder than Blue version.
    I've never played the gen 1 remakes. :c

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #14
    Weasyl
    Tiger
    I've never played the gen 1 remakes. :c
    You're not missing out on much, in my opinion. I'd rather play the GBC versions of Gen 1 than the remakes any day.

Weasyl
    Hlavco
    I feel like Diamond/Pearl/Platinum remakes won't happen until Nintendo moves onto whatever its next handheld will be, since 3DS has backwards compatibility for DS games. I imagine a re-remake of Red and Blue would actually be more likely.

I know Red and Blue were remade on the Game Boy Advance, which is able to play regular Game Boy games, but since the Game Boy games didn't have the ability to send monsters to the GBA games I don't think it's the same situation.

Weasyl
    GlaringFeline
    Yeah, Nintendo makes one remake per handheld console. We might not see a D/P/P remake until at least 2017 since OR/AS came out twelve years after Ruby and Sapphire did.

Weasyl
    Haroo Husky
    I have a bad feeling that they're not gonna release anymore Pokemon games until Nintendo releases another portable console, like the "4DS" or something. If you look at every Gen of Pokemon, they made a set of new games AND a set of remakes once per console, starting with GBA I believe.

Gen III - R/S/E, FR/LG
    Gen IV - D/P/PT, HG/SS
    Gen V - B/W, B/W2 (okay, so... no remakes here)
    Gen VI - X/Y, AS/OR
    Gen VII - ?
    “Do you have any idea how that made me feel inside? Furious! Outraged! Sick with anger!”
    —Lord Ghirahim

Weasyl
    GlaringFeline
    Quote Originally Posted by Haroo Husky View Post
    I have a bad feeling that they're not gonna release anymore Pokemon games until Nintendo releases another portable console, like the "4DS" or something. If you look at every Gen of Pokemon, they made a set of new games AND a set of remakes once per console, starting with GBA I believe.

Gen III - R/S/E, FR/LG
    Gen IV - D/P/PT, HG/SS
    Gen V - B/W, B/W2 (okay, so... no remakes here)
    Gen VI - X/Y, AS/OR
    Gen VII - ?
    Some hackers hacked one of the recent games and they found out there's supposed to be two more gen 6 games released. What they are is speculation for right now. I want another shadow Pokemon game and/or another battle simulator(like battle revolution) since they did the Ruby/Sapphire remakes but it probably won't happen.

Weasyl
    Haroo Husky
    Some hackers hacked one of the recent games and they found out there's supposed to be two more gen 6 games released. What they are is speculation for right now. I want another shadow Pokemon game and/or another battle simulator(like battle revolution) since they did the Ruby/Sapphire remakes but it probably won't happen.
    Yeah, that would be cool. Nintendo doesn't act very rationally; they release new consoles all the time before they give fans a chance to save up enough money. I mean, I absolutely love my 3DS, but now the XL is what they're advertising. Before that it was the 2DS (which was hilarious xD).

Also, am I the only one who thinks 3D sprites would be a good idea? Instead of just full 3D Pokemon?
    “Do you have any idea how that made me feel inside? Furious! Outraged! Sick with anger!”
    —Lord Ghirahim

Weasyl
    Misomie
    @Haroo- Nintendo is great with console releases. The give a good two years before they even start to make you move on. The xl, 2ds, and 3ds are all the same but different designs for different games. The New 3DS though might debut gen 7~